***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Can't believe we are a full point off top spot in our European league adventure after 4 games, we're getting nowhere, just knock down Ibrox and we'll start again in a few years. 

Don't even bother Newcoing this time, I'm alway to support Shettleston Juniors.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Can't believe we are a full point off top spot in our European league adventure after 4 games, we're getting nowhere, just knock down Ibrox and we'll start again in a few years. 

:lol:

A few months ago it would've seemed unbelievable, but when we get ourselves in a great position like tonight and fuck it up it's hard to take.

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Its fuckin soul destroying that 4th goal should've stood. Fwiw I don't think we played bad we did deserve a point.

Win v at Ibrox next time out and were in a fantastic position

We will most likely need to win both our remaining games

17 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

But it still isn't the referees fault. The guy who raised the flag was to blame not the ref

Splitting hairs on that argument.

Referees have the power to overrule the assistant.

Still a poor decision. 

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Can't be.  There's only two points bewteen 1st and last in the group and we still have two games to play.

We had to get something from tonight. If its down to us and rapid to go through based on tonights performance and from what I seen from rapid we won't beat them

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

12 games played. 1 defeat away from home in a country that is notoriously difficult to get a result in and some in here have the pitchforks out. RM is madness sometimes. ?

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

There’s no point in looking for excuses, we were winning at HT, their boss had a word and changed things, don’t know what our boss did, he must have expected them to have a real go and didn’t seem to change things.

He doesn’t seem able to change a game with a half time rant (that’s if he gave one). We were still a shambles in the first half but then even more so in the second ! 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Villarreal would be 4 clear of us and Spartak would be 3 clear with a better head to head if they beat Rapid.

Ahhh, forgot about the head to head part.

Thought it was on goal difference.

7 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Poor defensively but they'd rip most SPL teams. Don't but into the narrative that they're a poor team. They're not. 

Whether they rip the SPFL a new hole isn't of concern though.  They are a poor team we should have put to bed not once but twice.  Rangers teams from 2000 - 2010 would have won both of those games and that is the standard we need to get back to before we even consider winning the league.

Said it before and I will continue to because it's infuriating me.... we need a real captain because Tavernier is not.

5 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Because chopping and changing the manager and the whole team every season doesn't work. Players take time to settle. How long did it take for Man City to come together to be good enough to start winning things after their take over? It wasn't right away. 

Clearly our defence needs work but I'm not going to take a game in Europe at a level we've not been at for years as an example of how pish we are. League form is better but we've scored the 2nd most goals and only 2 teams have conceded less goals. We're no where near as bad as some would think.

That defence will win us nothing and no amount of time will change that. 

1 minute ago, james_85 said:

We had to get something from tonight. If its down to us and rapid to go through based on tonights performance and from what I seen from rapid we won't beat them

If you base things on tonights performance then yeah,  Based on our earlier performances though, we could easily beat them.

Flanagan was horseshit tonight.

Earlier in the season he was rightly seen as a no nonsense defender that could defend well on either flank while offering nothing going forward. Which was fine, for those types of games in Europe we played.

Now he's still playing like a defender that offers nothing going forward but he's also absolutely abysmal defensively. 

Needs a spell out the team, even if it's Halliday that replaces him at LB rather than Barasic, imo.

2 minutes ago, Rangers#1 said:

Played pish, managed to score 3 goals (should have been 4) and nearly got a draw, should have beaten them at Ibrox.

For me that puts things into perspective, we were pish but we've got to have confidence that Gerrard and McAllister can see our deficiencies, especially in midfield, and start to sort it in the next two transfer windows. I'm thinking our European results have given us too much expectation.

Just now, gogzy said:

If you base things on tonights performance then yeah,  Based on our earlier performances though, we could easily beat them.

I thought they were a good side at Ibrox we had home advantage which gave us that edge. From tonight and the first half in Spain they will pick us off if we give them the chance 

Archived