***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gogzy said:

There were a couple moments like that.  I think we were really unlucky to walk away without a point, even considering how bad we were in defence.

A few different choices made in the game, along with that chalked off goal, and we walk away with three points.

There was not a lot in that game.

our defending was bad, as soon as the 4th got ruled out, i fucking knew it would come back to bite us. flanagan was a new level of shite. the guy played a massive part in 3 of their goals. we were unlucky not to come away with something.  

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mcgregor and Morelos apart, the team are in a bad way..

Tav is in horrendous form.

The two centre halves were diabolical

Flanagan shouldn’t wear the shirt again.

Coulibaly - no idea

Arfield - passenger

Ejaria - Only playing because he’s a Liverpool player.

Candeias and Middleton - Meh.

Agree with everything apart from ejaria. The boy is clearly a CDM. Wins the ball a lot, positioning is clas and when he does the simple thing he’s an assist. SG is deluded about his attacking prowess.

Barisic is the next fuckin Rossiter..next week..next game..next week..next game..that aside puntin Katic out the team then suddenly starting him tonight...Goldson was all over the fuckin shop probably partly due to this

MacAuleys fit now,tell big mouth Joe to fuck off and go with the three for the rest of the season

Just now, gogzy said:

There were a couple moments like that.  I think we were really unlucky to walk away without a point, even considering how bad we were in defence.

A few different choices made in the game, along with that chalked off goal, and we walk away with three points.

There was not a lot in that game.

I agree with you but fuck me did our lads not look ropey again tonight. I feel far less confident in our general improvement than I did a fortnight ago.

1 minute ago, its_an_extender said:

I still think we’ll beat Rapid and get at least a point of Villarreal. 

Who’d have thought that would been a possibility 3 or 4 years ago?

We've got a massive amount of improving to do if we want to get any sort of result against anyone

2 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Fuck sake. Match threads are a fucking shambles when we lose. 

Shouldn't of lost that. Poor defending, yes, but the Goldson OG was a stupid individual mistake. The huge deflection to put them ahead. We had a great goal ruled out when it shouldn't have been too. 4-2 at the break and we win that. 

Main thing that cost us was Flannigan being generally shite, too many slack passes out from defence and not closing down quick enough on the edge of the box. Our counter attacking is great when those first couple of passes get off quickly and accurately but when the don't (which was way too often tonight) we leave ourselves in a lot of trouble. 

Yes, Moscow weren't great but they have some great players. Look at how easily the moved the ball around. Only some of that is our midfield not being up to it. They're no mugs. 

Fine margins and we fell on the wrong side today, not helped by the ref or by our defending. 

Gerrard got most of it right. 

Your just on the opposite end of the spectrum from the posters you’ve just slated. 

Our defence is fucking woeful and has been for weeks if not the season. Late goals conceded basic mistakes week after week. 

Just now, Hutton2008 said:

Agree with everything apart from ejaria. The boy is clearly a CDM. Wins the ball a lot, positioning is clas and when he does the simple thing he’s an assist. SG is deluded about his attacking prowess.

He’s not kicked a ball in weeks.

His performance tonight was as bad as at Parkhead.

lost the ball everytime and then jogs back.

We have a manager who was one of the best midfielders in the world

His assistant was one of the best midfielders this country has produced

How the fuck can they not see our midfield has no shape no discipline can't tackle and can't pick out a killer pass and change it!

Baffling performance from the top down

The manager and the squad just aren't good enough, we have players who can't control, pass or mark men in midfield and a fucking shambles of a defence, all three CB's who have featured this season need shipped along with Flanagan and the midfield needs a clear out also, their overall play in midfield is just lacking any real quality going forward and especially tonight against a poor side in defence.

There is no way this side is winning the league, they don't do enough to deserve to win the league, the manager was adamant in a presser that it was a warning to the players to perform, over to you Gerrard.

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

We've got a massive amount of improving to do if we want to get any sort of result against anyone

That could’ve went either way tonight and thankfully the other 2 teams we’ve to play are just as poor as us. 

So I don’t think we need a ‘massive amount of improving’ to get anything from those games 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mcgregor and Morelos apart, the team are in a bad way..

Tav is in horrendous form.

The two centre halves were diabolical

Flanagan shouldn’t wear the shirt again.

Coulibaly - no idea

Arfield - passenger

Ejaria - Only playing because he’s a Liverpool player.

Candeias and Middleton - Meh.

Sadly I'd have to agree though I think Middleton could turn out alright.

But yeh, basically Morelos and Shagger are the only two signings of any real class under SG. The rest are same quality as last seasons failures.  

2 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

The only guy in the midfield who can actually shoot and go past a player is clearly a CDM. ??

You’re aff your rocker. 

Archived