***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your just on the opposite end of the spectrum from the posters you’ve just slated. 

Our defence is fucking woeful and has been for weeks if not the season. Late goals conceded basic mistakes week after week. 

id rather play with a back 3 than use flanagan again. 

1 minute ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Sadly I'd have to agree though I think Middleton could turn out alright.

But yeh, basically Morelos and Shagger are the only two signings of any real class under SG. The rest are same quality as last seasons failures.  

No complaints with Middleton, he’s an 18 yr old. Tonights result is nothing to do with him at all.

he was let down by his peers.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

There were a couple moments like that.  I think we were really unlucky to walk away without a point, even considering how bad we were in defence.

A few different choices made in the game, along with that chalked off goal, and we walk away with three points.

There was not a lot in that game.

I agree. Defensively we made some fatal errors. We also seemed to be on the wrong end of some bad luck. An own goal, sloppy defending and a deflection. Yet despite that we still scored 3 away from home. Should have been 4-2 up but for a poor call from the linesman. Just before it went 3-3 we had another great chance to go 4-2 up too and we had a few decent breaks on as well and if we had just looked up we would have been in. We also hit the post in the last minute. And there were two or three of their players who committed bookable fouls whilst on a booking.

On the flipside McGregor has made some great stops. If you score 3 away from home you've got to take something though, that's what's tough to take. It's really disappointing to lose, especially when that game was there for the taking. 

Gutted with the outcome but we're still very much in this. Certainly not giving up.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your just on the opposite end of the spectrum from the posters you’ve just slated. 

It's not working that well right now, sure, and Flannigan was getting turned inside out (which is happening too often at the moment) but he did play the pass to Candeias for our 2nd. 

I'd say I'm pretty balanced. Too many folk talking of sacking the manager or completely ripping the team on a consistent basis. It's way over the top. Especially considering a) rookie manager b) first season most of these players are together c) first time all of them playing at this level d)where we've been over the last few seasons. 

7 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Gerrard got most of it right. 

I think he should have brought' on flanagan at half time.

I'd have started Grezda and kept Middleton for a sub, I think he is an impact player from the bench against tiring legs.

He does sometimes leave the subs with very little time to get up to the speed of the game and really make an impact.

1 minute ago, WATPWATP said:

for people blaming the players,just remember who picks them and them and then watches them during the match,has chance to right the wrongs but just stands there.

Yeah mate cos we have such a strong bench

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's hard to be angry when the result is ultimately what I expected before the game. The manner of the defeat is a hard one to swallow though.

You can't take the lead 3 times in a game and still go on to lose it. It's fucking criminal.

Thats where we are at the moment, if the manager has what it takes then he will change the squad come the next two windows, if not we are going nowhere.

3 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Sadly I'd have to agree though I think Middleton could turn out alright.

But yeh, basically Morelos and Shagger are the only two signings of any real class under SG. The rest are same quality as last seasons failures.  

Morelos wasn't signed by Gerrard

It's still an open group with the other result. We could qualify, we could not.

Tonight was a type of game that could have went either way. It was crazy.

Sunday's game v Motherwell is way more important for me, so I hope we haven't received any further injuries.

With regards to Europe, I ain't too fussed if we progress, we have already way over achieved, and earned a few quid that wasnt budgeted for. I really think that the European exertions have had a huge effect on our domestic campaign.

We have played double the amount of games most teams in our league have.

If we qualify, great but if we dont... meh  

6 minutes ago, scott12003 said:

We have a manager who was one of the best midfielders in the world

His assistant was one of the best midfielders this country has produced

How the fuck can they not see our midfield has no shape no discipline can't tackle and can't pick out a killer pass and change it!

Baffling performance from the top down

maybe because he has the funds only to go into the bargain basement 

10 minutes ago, sergi1980 said:

What defender would try to clear the ball coming across him with the outside of his foot

He made a mistake.  Every single player makes them.

Goldson is not a liability, I don't believe I'm actually even arguing this.

Archived