***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

The manager and the squad just aren't good enough, we have players who can't control, pass or mark men in midfield and a fucking shambles of a defence, all three CB's who have featured this season need shipped along with Flanagan and the midfield needs a clear out also, their overall play in midfield is just lacking any real quality going forward and especially tonight against a poor side in defence.

There is no way this side is winning the league, they don't do enough to deserve to win the league, the manager was adamant in a presser that it was a warning to the players to perform, over to you Gerrard.

We won't win it as we have guys like Tavernier who our manager thinks is a captain.  Over rated and badly exposed every week and no amount of coaching and experience is going to change that sad to say. The bad habbits our club has grown since 2015 still exists and it's worrying that we've had four coachesi n that time who have not been able to source and eradicate it.

Make no mistake that Moscow team were utter shite.  We will not learn from that tonight and it will be the same story all the way (at least) until February. 

1 minute ago, whatnobeer said:

It's not working that well right now, sure, and Flannigan was getting turned inside out (which is happening too often at the moment) but he did play the pass to Candeias for our 2nd. 

I'd say I'm pretty balanced. Too many folk talking of sacking the manager or completely ripping the team on a consistent basis. It's way over the top. Especially considering a) rookie manager b) first season most of these players are together c) first time all of them playing at this level d)where we've been over the last few seasons. 

What has happened the last few seasons has got nothing to do with this team. I really wish folk would give that a rest, when does aye but look where we were a few seasons ago not be an excuse anymore. 

The defence looks like conceding every time anyone attacks us, even the Hearts game if McGregor doesnt pull off his  customary heroics that game is looking a lot different. 

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Amazing how many low count posters with trying too hard usernames turn up in match threads to repeatedly tell us how shite we are before never being seen again until the next time we are playing isn’t it? :pipe:

Every time.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They should've had a couple of players sent off for persistent fouling as well. 

Maybe, Bochetti for kicking the ball away as well

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Katic one looked a stonewall penalty to me.

Goldson one could well have been given as well.

Yes

No

9 minutes ago, its_an_extender said:

That could’ve went either way tonight and thankfully the other 2 teams we’ve to play are just as poor as us. 

So I don’t think we need a ‘massive amount of improving’ to get anything from those games 

Too much 'bad luck' following us this season. We need to sort things out and make our own luck.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

If we lose next game . We are out . Is this right 

If Moscow win their next game and we get beat fae Villarreal then it’s done as Moscow would be guaranteed to finish about us because of head to head record

that game at ibrox against them has probably cost us progression. 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He made a mistake.  Every single player makes them.

Goldson is not a liability, I don't believe I'm actually even arguing this.

He gambled and it backfired. It happens.

Their defender had a similar one that could have easily ended up beating his keeper at the near post and it went narrowly wide instead. It's the chance you take and I wouldn't slate him for that alone.

Overall that's been one of his worst games for us though.

10 minutes ago, scott12003 said:

We have a manager who was one of the best midfielders in the world

His assistant was one of the best midfielders this country has produced

How the fuck can they not see our midfield has no shape no discipline can't tackle and can't pick out a killer pass and change it!

Baffling performance from the top down

I know that bewilders me, 2 great midfielders as manager and assistant and we are so crap in that position. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What has happened the last few seasons has got nothing to do with this team. I really wish folk would give that a rest, when does aye but look where we were a few seasons ago not be an excuse anymore. 

Because chopping and changing the manager and the whole team every season doesn't work. Players take time to settle. How long did it take for Man City to come together to be good enough to start winning things after their take over? It wasn't right away. 

Clearly our defence needs work but I'm not going to take a game in Europe at a level we've not been at for years as an example of how pish we are. League form is better but we've scored the 2nd most goals and only 2 teams have conceded less goals. We're no where near as bad as some would think.

1 minute ago, whatnobeer said:

Poor defensively but they'd rip most SPL teams. Don't but into the narrative that they're a poor team. They're not. 

Agreed. They are in a bit of turmoil atm but that doesn't mean they are shite. A good few of their players are top class. Sometimes a wee bit of quality makes all the difference.

Archived