***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most annoying thing about the loss tonight is the head to head record with Spartak. A score draw would’ve been key to qualifying IMO.

Nevertheless, when all is done would’ve bit ur hand off for a group stage place at the start of the season. If we don’t make it, focussing on the league would be no bad thing.

1 minute ago, Ibroxric72 said:

He doesn’t seem able to change a game with a half time rant (that’s if he gave one). We were still a shambles in the first half but then even more so in the second ! 

This. It's a difficult call for a coach to change shape when things are going - almost - to plan.only an experienced manager takes that risk.

I'm a trout fisher. The best fishers change their flies when they're catching. Not an easy thing to do.

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Amazing how many low count posters with trying too hard usernames turn up in match threads to repeatedly tell us how shite we are before never being seen again until the next time we are playing isn’t it? :pipe:

It certainly is. :pipe: 

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Its fuckin soul destroying that 4th goal should've stood. Fwiw I don't think we played bad we did deserve a point.

Win v at Ibrox next time out and were in a fantastic position

We go in at half time 4-2 up it at least take's the pressure off our player's a bit.

We still may not have won though but there's a chance we may have grabbed another on the break.

1 minute ago, Yousayamato said:

This. It's a difficult call for a coach to change shape when things are going - almost - to plan.only an experienced manager takes that risk.

I'm a trout fisher. The best fishers change their flies when they're catching. Not an easy thing to do.

Well... thats just a gamble. They can go so many ways. If he does that, and it works then he is "a great manager".... if he does it, and it fails, then.... "why the fuck did he change when it was working...".

The Tarriers playing a much better side than spartak and more than holding there own tonight. 

We played a side in absolute turmoil with what must be the worst defensive show I have ever witnessed. We couldn’t put them to bed and in all seriousness they were by far the better team. Any cunt that thinks SG is stopping ten need their heads checked.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Well... thats just a gamble. They can go so many ways. If he does that, and it works then he is "a great manager".... if he does it, and it fails, then.... "why the fuck did he change when it was working...".

I guess that's my point. Up 3 times in Moscow is feckin great; losing 4-3 is disappointing. Neither bit defines Stevie G or the team.

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

The Tarriers playing a much better side than spartak and more than holding there own tonight. 

We played a side in absolute turmoil with what must be the worst defensive show I have ever witnessed. We couldn’t put them to bed and in all seriousness they were by far the better team. Any cunt that thinks SG is stopping ten need their heads checked.

How's the tarriers away record in Europe,are you on glue?

Im viewing these euro games as a wee bonus. Some nice cash in the coffers and experience for our young team and young manager, people need to remember Gerrard is still a novice.

In saying that we really should have won that tonight. 

Too many poor performances but Flannagan and ejaria were just honking. Flannagan shown up to be the cart horse he is and ejaria was far too casual and doesnt look fit.

Anyway lets keep our heads up and look forward to the weekend

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

Disappointing but it's not the first time a Rangers team has thrown it away in Europe. Walter's, advocaat's did it too, as did souness. The group was there for the taking and we've chucked it. But all is not lost, it just hangs in the balance.

Absolutely and I will be in Vienna cheering them on 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Would you have took being a point off top spot with 2 games to go in July?

I'm talking about the bigger picture though, you didn't answer my questions so I will try again,

do you think our squad is good enough for Europe and domestic league ?

do you think Tav is the best choice of captain ?

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

Disappointing but it's not the first time a Rangers team has thrown it away in Europe. Walter's, advocaat's did it too, as did souness. The group was there for the taking and we've chucked it. But all is not lost, it just hangs in the balance.

I doubt we'll go through now to be honest but I think we've surpassed ourselves in Europe already.

4 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Haha shut the fuck up ya retard. Bought into the media narrative that somehow previous Russian champions sitting 3rd IIRC are in turmoil. 

They cunts have two energy drink workmans clubs in their group whilst we play the best of the rest in Spain and the most successful club in Austria

4 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

I'm talking about the bigger picture though, you didn't answer my questions so I will try again,

do you think our squad is good enough for Europe and domestic league ?

do you think Tav is the best choice of captain ?

If anyone thinks Tav is Captain material then I'd seriously question what 4 years of lower league football has done to their expetency levels.

If Tav as a player (not captain) played as inconsistently as he has for a Rangers team from pre-admin, he would have been warming the bench to the likes of Broadfoot and Whittaker.  That is the sad reality of it.  He has no concentration and not ability to lead. 

Just now, bluedylan said:

Absolutely and I will be in Vienna cheering them on 

High as kites or suicidal with no in between are the internet fanboys, a supporter will support through thick and thin, after the shit since 2012 we should know that more than most, I don't think we are in a bad place.

Watched the goals again, fk me the first candiuas goes to sleep, the second fuck me goldson, the third we had two chances to clear and ejaria an Flanagan fuck it right up and the fourth they basically score from out kick off, if we can't do the basics we have no chance of getting through or winning fuck all else for the foreseeable. It's unbelievable how many times we make a cunt of the basics. 

Archived