G.E.C.

***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

There’s no point in looking for excuses, we were winning at HT, their boss had a word and changed things, don’t know what our boss did, he must have expected them to have a real go and didn’t seem to change things.

He doesn’t seem able to change a game with a half time rant (that’s if he gave one). We were still a shambles in the first half but then even more so in the second ! 

3 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

Don't even bother Newcoing this time, I'm alway to support Shettleston Juniors.

Used to go and watch them years ago 😀

7 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Poor defensively but they'd rip most SPL teams. Don't but into the narrative that they're a poor team. They're not. 

Whether they rip the SPFL a new hole isn't of concern though.  They are a poor team we should have put to bed not once but twice.  Rangers teams from 2000 - 2010 would have won both of those games and that is the standard we need to get back to before we even consider winning the league.

Said it before and I will continue to because it's infuriating me.... we need a real captain because Tavernier is not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Because chopping and changing the manager and the whole team every season doesn't work. Players take time to settle. How long did it take for Man City to come together to be good enough to start winning things after their take over? It wasn't right away. 

Clearly our defence needs work but I'm not going to take a game in Europe at a level we've not been at for years as an example of how pish we are. League form is better but we've scored the 2nd most goals and only 2 teams have conceded less goals. We're no where near as bad as some would think.

That defence will win us nothing and no amount of time will change that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, james_85 said:

We had to get something from tonight. If its down to us and rapid to go through based on tonights performance and from what I seen from rapid we won't beat them

If you base things on tonights performance then yeah,  Based on our earlier performances though, we could easily beat them.

7 minutes ago, bgally said:

I know that bewilders me, 2 great midfielders as manager and assistant and we are so crap in that position. 

And arfield makes it look like a fkn medicine ball. 

• Like 2

Flanagan was horseshit tonight.

Earlier in the season he was rightly seen as a no nonsense defender that could defend well on either flank while offering nothing going forward. Which was fine, for those types of games in Europe we played.

Now he's still playing like a defender that offers nothing going forward but he's also absolutely abysmal defensively. 

Needs a spell out the team, even if it's Halliday that replaces him at LB rather than Barasic, imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rangers#1 said:

Played pish, managed to score 3 goals (should have been 4) and nearly got a draw, should have beaten them at Ibrox.

For me that puts things into perspective, we were pish but we've got to have confidence that Gerrard and McAllister can see our deficiencies, especially in midfield, and start to sort it in the next two transfer windows. I'm thinking our European results have given us too much expectation.

• Like 2

Just now, gogzy said:

If you base things on tonights performance then yeah,  Based on our earlier performances though, we could easily beat them.

I thought they were a good side at Ibrox we had home advantage which gave us that edge. From tonight and the first half in Spain they will pick us off if we give them the chance 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Your usual posting are we talking here ? It's normally utter pish, if you had your way we would have that cunt McInnes as our gaffer.

It is pish what you posted tho be honest 

The most annoying thing about the loss tonight is the head to head record with Spartak. A score draw would’ve been key to qualifying IMO.

Nevertheless, when all is done would’ve bit ur hand off for a group stage place at the start of the season. If we don’t make it, focussing on the league would be no bad thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ibroxric72 said:

He doesn’t seem able to change a game with a half time rant (that’s if he gave one). We were still a shambles in the first half but then even more so in the second ! 

This. It's a difficult call for a coach to change shape when things are going - almost - to plan.only an experienced manager takes that risk.

I'm a trout fisher. The best fishers change their flies when they're catching. Not an easy thing to do.

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Amazing how many low count posters with trying too hard usernames turn up in match threads to repeatedly tell us how shite we are before never being seen again until the next time we are playing isn’t it? :pipe:

It certainly is. :pipe: 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

It is pish what you posted tho be honest 

So you think our squad is good enough and that Tav is a good captain ? Yes or no is suffice

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Its fuckin soul destroying that 4th goal should've stood. Fwiw I don't think we played bad we did deserve a point.

Win v at Ibrox next time out and were in a fantastic position

We go in at half time 4-2 up it at least take's the pressure off our player's a bit.

We still may not have won though but there's a chance we may have grabbed another on the break.

1 minute ago, Yousayamato said:

This. It's a difficult call for a coach to change shape when things are going - almost - to plan.only an experienced manager takes that risk.

I'm a trout fisher. The best fishers change their flies when they're catching. Not an easy thing to do.

Well... thats just a gamble. They can go so many ways. If he does that, and it works then he is "a great manager".... if he does it, and it fails, then.... "why the fuck did he change when it was working...".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the old guard said:

And arfield makes it look like a fkn medicine ball. 

haha bang on,he is absolutely shite!

6 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

We will most likely need to win both our remaining games

4 points will be enough. We should already be through  tho 

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Used to go and watch them years ago 😀

Games against St Roch's I hear are good fun.

The Tarriers playing a much better side than spartak and more than holding there own tonight. 

We played a side in absolute turmoil with what must be the worst defensive show I have ever witnessed. We couldn’t put them to bed and in all seriousness they were by far the better team. Any cunt that thinks SG is stopping ten need their heads checked.

2 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

So you think our squad is good enough and that Tav is a good captain ? Yes or no is suffice

Would you have took being a point off top spot with 2 games to go in July?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Well... thats just a gamble. They can go so many ways. If he does that, and it works then he is "a great manager".... if he does it, and it fails, then.... "why the fuck did he change when it was working...".

I guess that's my point. Up 3 times in Moscow is feckin great; losing 4-3 is disappointing. Neither bit defines Stevie G or the team.

• Like 1

Disappointing but it's not the first time a Rangers team has thrown it away in Europe. Walter's, advocaat's did it too, as did souness. The group was there for the taking and we've chucked it. But all is not lost, it just hangs in the balance.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

The Tarriers playing a much better side than spartak and more than holding there own tonight. 

We played a side in absolute turmoil with what must be the worst defensive show I have ever witnessed. We couldn’t put them to bed and in all seriousness they were by far the better team. Any cunt that thinks SG is stopping ten need their heads checked.

How's the tarriers away record in Europe,are you on glue?

Im viewing these euro games as a wee bonus. Some nice cash in the coffers and experience for our young team and young manager, people need to remember Gerrard is still a novice.

In saying that we really should have won that tonight. 

Too many poor performances but Flannagan and ejaria were just honking. Flannagan shown up to be the cart horse he is and ejaria was far too casual and doesnt look fit.

Anyway lets keep our heads up and look forward to the weekend