G.E.C.

***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If we don't qualify those 2 games will haunt us.

Losing after leading 3 times is completely unacceptable. McGregor and the front 3 get pass marks. But the midfield and defence was shocking. 

To only take 1 point from 6 against them is criminal. They were shocking 

2 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

I have no idea how much they spent but I reckon it’s a lot less than we have tbh

Dont be fucking stupid. They have spent a fuck load more than we have... Have you seen their wage bill? Yea.... that counts as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kanjo said:

If anyone thinks Tav is Captain material then I'd seriously question what 4 years of lower league football has done to their expetency levels.

If Tav as a player (not captain) played as inconsistently as he has for a Rangers team from pre-admin, he would have been warming the bench to the likes of Broadfoot and Whittaker.  That is the sad reality of it.  He has no concentration and not ability to lead. 

Should be nowhere near the captain of this club.  We have zero leadership on the pitch 

• Like 3

Just now, KingKirk said:

Your original post was about us going nowhere with this squad that is pish and you know it. Every single person on here would snap your hand off to go into the final match with a chance of going through that is still possible.

We should of had 4 goals tonight that would of gave us a point it never happened but we are well in this 8 points could get us through

Jeez, you still can't answer the questions, I will try another, will we win the league with this squad ?

24 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Can't be.  There's only two points bewteen 1st and last in the group and we still have two games to play.

Was thinking because of head to heads

Just need to win the next one or we probably don't deserve to go through

• Like 2

1 minute ago, james_85 said:

We were too, to be fair

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Stop it... absolute pish!

Going forward they could have had 8!ffs

7 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

how long that celtic team been together? how much have they spent?  its down to the board if we stop 10.......we need to buy quality, we have been together a few months ffs.  we can only dream of having a transfer budget like spartak, the defence was shocking, we shulda took something from the game, luck wasnt on our side either.  the 4th goal, their deflection and Goldson ffs, and hitting the post in the 90th. how can you blame SG for that, he's playing with what hes got ATM. He will need time and get it, were not getting instant success, we dont have the money. SG wil get it right. the board need to back him. 

This! 

Said it the other day, can’t see us winning another point in Europe and Suspect we’re going to toil in Scotland.

Tiredness, loss of form, injuries and lack of x factor player in Midfield is going to be our downfall.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Haha shut the fuck up ya retard. Bought into the media narrative that somehow previous Russian champions sitting 3rd IIRC are in turmoil. 

They cunts have two energy drink workmans clubs in their group whilst we play the best of the rest in Spain and the most successful club in Austria

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Yup. As were we.

Scoring 3 goals in Moscow is an achievement but it means nothing if you don't get a result

Shocking we didn't take anything from that game

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Next 3 games are at Ibrox. Motherwell, Livi then Villareal. All 3 are massive and just as big as each other. 

In terms of Europe we always play better at Ibrox. I have no doubts we'll do well. Hopefully it's enough. It won't be easy but we have a real chance. We are one big performance against Villareal of giving ourselves a great chance of progressing.

For now though, fuck Europe. Motherwell is massive.

Next three games are massive , how many times have we heard that this year already , and we always fuck it up........

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Should be nowhere near the captain of this club.  We have zero leadership on the pitch 

First big mistake Gerrard made. Never a captain. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

You clearly dont.

Aye you’re right. We were quality tonight. Thee taigs are pish and we are going to romp home to 55

5 minutes ago, Swagger said:

I'm glad I am not he only one who thinks so to be honest.  It's really starting to cost us.  We have a team there but we don't have that spark of a Ferguson or Weir.  We won't be moving any further forward until that is addressed I feel.

If we had lost 4-3 to a decent team then I'd be more likely to say fair enough it's Europe bla bla bla... but the truth is they were garbage over two games we have dropped 5 points.  I want to be confident of turning Villareal over at Ibrox but the evidence of the past 3 weeks does not give me hope.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

The biggest worry for me was that we just simply stopped believing after half time.

Need big Marv to come in and do the HT team talk. 

This is my first post since our third goal went in. We were unlucky with the offside (linesman to blame) but they could have had a couple of penalties if the ref had not been very fair IMO. Scoring three goals away from home and still losing I think backs up your point, we stopped believing and made some hellish errors that gave them the two goals they needed. We still do not have a winning mentality IMO when it counts. The semi-final was a perfect example.

I have said a few times over the last few weeks we should be looking at employing a sports psychologist because we have too many players who are losers in our team and unless they can be made to believe they will not get us 55. Tav as captain has been a loser since he came apart from getting promotion and I still think making him captain was a mistake.

We can obviously still go through, but to be honest I am far more concerned about what we do on Sunday, we need three points, nothing else will do, or our season will be going in the wrong direction.    

I think Stevie needs to look at himself with his reluctance to making subs, it is starting to concern me and hope he sorts that out and soon.

• Like 4

Just now, BlueboyG said:

Jeez, you still can't answer the questions, I will try another, will we win the league with this squad ?

I dont see how that question is relevant to your we are going nowhere with this squad pish. Will we win the league. Tough ask however I didn't think we could make the knockout rounds of the EL and we still can.

Defensively shambolic but that midfield is fucking abysmal too. 

That’s the weakest part of the side even with the shortage up front 

1 minute ago, james_85 said:

Agree up to a point,defensively they were terrible but they had a lot of good players going forward tonight and in flashes at Ibrox.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Said it the other day, can’t see us winning another point in Europe and Suspect we’re going to toil in Scotland.

Tiredness, loss of form, injuries and lack of x factor player in Midfield is going to be our downfall.

I’m the same. Europe was a bonus tbh and free money that no one expected. 

Domestically we will toil but I live in hope that we can stay on the coat tails of the taigs, and get a few good players in on January and hopefully make a challenge of it until the end of the season

1 minute ago, Laudo said:

We’ve Hibs’ed it! 

Woeful patter that should have been put to bed when we fucked up the final

2 minutes ago, Laudo said:

We’ve Hibs’ed it! 

Stealing a Protestant's wi-fi ya fucking tramp.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Grudgingly agree but that's the truth there.