Pena

MrMckee

Wouldnt take Pena back and due to his work rate and attitude, unless a massive turnaround, dont think Gerrard would ever play him.

We do need an attacking midfielder when is going to be on the penalty spot for cut backs or 2nd balls, Arfield does it just now, as the midfield 3 are usually outside the box or sitting too deep and costs us a few opportunities

The record making that seem like more of a big deal than it actually is. There's only 2 games left during his loan spell anyway.

If he's coming back here and there's no way to get rid of him without it costing us a fortune then I'd see what Gerrard can do with him. Granted it's nowhere near being on the same scale but Halliday looked finished at us and he's been like a different player since Gerrard took over.

27 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The record making that seem like more of a big deal than it actually is. There's only 2 games left during his loan spell anyway.

If he's coming back here and there's no way to get rid of him without it costing us a fortune then I'd see what Gerrard can do with him. Granted it's nowhere near being on the same scale but Halliday looked finished at us and he's been like a different player since Gerrard took over.

?

Either way it's going to cost us ... unless as you say SG can turn him round.

Sensible posts like yours will never catch on mate .... stop now or you will become hated forever .... :p:

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

I'd rather he sat in the stand than was a hindrance on the pitch.

nobody wants that, but i would give him a chance to contribute at least - not just push him into the first 11. Gerrard wouldnt do that anyway - just look at the way he has moaned about sadiq.

On 04/11/2018 at 17:41, MrMckee said:

Honestly was looking at the game yesterday whilst we was trying to get the breakthrough and the thought went through my head about Pena. Obviously has/had his problems but what I do remember from him was his ability to get into good positions in the box and lose markers. Wonder if Gerrard has ever thought about him or spoke with him. Who knows he might be able to get him performing and we have been lacking that unpredictable option to catch teams out.

Think a lot on here are missing the point of your post. He might be a shit footballer with the ball at his feet but he had the knack of being in the right place at the right time, something our currently midfield sadly lack.

He was also capable of a little bit of occasional magic outside the box (a wee one touch then dinked lob half volley pass springs to mind).

Forgetting everything else about him, he had a fantastic goals per minute game, better than SG if you look at the stats, and that was when we has clearly struggling with life.

IMHO the guy deserves a chance. He might prosper under SG, just as Halliday seems to have done.

If he flunks second time round then by all means get him tae fuck, but don't judge him on the fact he couldnt trap a bag of sand, judge him on his goals return whilst fighting alcoholism.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

nobody wants that, but i would give him a chance to contribute at least - not just push him into the first 11. Gerrard wouldnt do that anyway - just look at the way he has moaned about sadiq.

no

Pena had a good goals return for us.  He had that knack of ghosting in to the box and getting on the end of chances.  If he actually applies himself there could be a player in there but he seems to have a lot of off the field issues.  

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The guy is obviously a bit of a waster but he was hardly a hindrance on the pitch. He's still got more goals for us than any of our current midfielders.

Gerrard obviously wants to play with a pressing style, he would be a hindrance to that.