Pena

MrMckee

Honestly was looking at the game yesterday whilst we was trying to get the breakthrough and the thought went through my head about Pena. Obviously has/had his problems but what I do remember from him was his ability to get into good positions in the box and lose markers. Wonder if Gerrard has ever thought about him or spoke with him. Who knows he might be able to get him performing and we have been lacking that unpredictable option to catch teams out.

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Lets not be mental.

Our problem hasn't been our finishing in games. It's been getting into positions and breaking down the opposition. 

The cunt blows out his arse going from one box to another. 

I agree he was unorthodox, but his goal per minutes played ratio was impressive. Maybe he has got his act together in Mexico

Gerrard spoke about a new loan manager who will keep an eye on all the guys who are currently playing for other clubs.  looks like Docherty has performed well and will be brought back in January.  I’ve no idea what Pena is doing now but if he’s sorted himself out and is performing again then I’d hope Gerrard would take another look at him.  Halliday was shite for years but looks improved under Gerrard it could happen again.

Strongly doubt that he’ll be back, we won’t want him back - and I doubt he’d come back.  He’s being paid a good wage (from our contract) to play in his home country.  I reckon the conquering Europe dream for Pena is over.