Pena

MrMckee

Spunked millions on the transfer and now spunk millions in a pay off, great business. Should be told he’ll sit in the stands every Saturday and train with the youths until him or his agent find a new club. Shorts incident was last straw so doesn’t deserve any chance. 

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If he applies himself in training correctly then I don’t see why not.

He has some good abilities while others are lacking.

I don’t think he has the fitness levels to play the gegenpress style that Gerrard has us playing unless he’s packed in the booze and is doing lots of work on his fitness levels.

Its wishful thinking that we have a ready made playmaker solution and it will all click but the odds are stacked against him, just depends on how much he wants it and like others who burn out and lose interest in football I don’t think he’ll be able to recapture the passion for football and the desire to achieve things other than get an over-inflated wage packet.

I agree with all that, but the facts are he is under contract. We just have to hope we can get him firing on all cylinders as we’re paying him 20k/w until 2020. Sad times but if anyone can change Halliday, i have hope. 

He has one of the worst first touches I have ever seen in a professional footballer. He’s also got an uncanny ability to jog about the pitch whilst never getting near any opponent. He’s shown no signs he could ever be part of a team that’s setup to press the opposing team as he fucking ambles about. 

And he disrespected the badge. 

Should never play for us again. 

6 minutes ago, kanjo said:

I agree with all that, but the facts are he is under contract. We just have to hope we can get him firing on all cylinders as we’re paying him 20k/w until 2020. Sad times but if anyone can change Halliday, i have hope. 

Halliday is not a better footballer since Gerrard has arrived but the instructions he is given on the pitch are obviously very simple and credit to Halliday he’s sticking to it which is why he is a trusted squad member.

Halliday is playing for his boyhood team so it’s added motivation that I don’t see Pena having anything like that.

34 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

If they can’t sack this cunt for breaching his contract then they’re not as smart as they should be. Surely our HR Dept can haul him over the coals for every indiscretion he commits until the situation becomes untenable and the contract is torn up...

If Nile Ranger can be sacked for being late, then it's definitely do-able. 

Far trickier if it's his presumed alcohol addiction. At that point support needs to be provided, if they're willing to accept it. Along with numerous chances given to them. 

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Halliday is not a better footballer since Gerrard has arrived but the instructions he is given on the pitch are obviously very simple and credit to Halliday he’s sticking to it which is why he is a trusted squad member.

Halliday is playing for his boyhood team so it’s added motivation that I don’t see Pena having anything like that.

Again, totally agree... but if SG can get that reaction from Halliday then who is to say Pena can't?  Make no mistake if I had the choice I'd say terminate the contract if the option of not needing to pay him off was there... but hes contracted to us and earning a helluva lot so we need to make do and really hope we can get something there.

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Sean Goss or Steven Gerrard? I'd have to question the relevance of either though to be honest. 

He does actually have a better goals per minute ratio than Gerrard, i looked into it ages ago.

Im not saying he's Gerrard class obviously, but what s undeniable is that he's a goalscoring midfielder, something he currently lack

I'm not contesting the notion that he's a piss poor footballer with the ball at his feet  but to score as many as one of the best attacking midfielders of his generation (regardless of opposition as you can only score against those you play) suggests he posses a much greater goal threat than any of our midfielders.

42 minutes ago, beararse said:

He does actually have a better goals per minute ratio than Gerrard, i looked into it ages ago.

Im not saying he's Gerrard class obviously, but what s undeniable is that he's a goalscoring midfielder, something he currently lack

I'm not contesting the notion that he's a piss poor footballer with the ball at his feet  but to score as many as one of the best attacking midfielders of his generation (regardless of opposition as you can only score against those you play) suggests he posses a much greater goal threat than any of our midfielders.

Jesus you’re serious. Ok. I’m out. 

On 04/11/2018 at 17:41, MrMckee said:

Honestly was looking at the game yesterday whilst we was trying to get the breakthrough and the thought went through my head about Pena. Obviously has/had his problems but what I do remember from him was his ability to get into good positions in the box and lose markers. Wonder if Gerrard has ever thought about him or spoke with him. Who knows he might be able to get him performing and we have been lacking that unpredictable option to catch teams out.

He has raw talent that maybe Gerrard could work with, but for me he needs to get his act together if he wants to play in the first team.