New pitch

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3453321/Rangers-spend-15m-hybrid-surface-ibrox/

FEVER PITCH 

Rangers ready to spend as much as £1.5million on a new hybrid playing surface at Ibrox

Rangers are set to splash the cash to improve the Ibrox playing surface.

Gers could be ready to hand over as much as £1.5million in order to install a new hybrid surface for the start of next season.

The Ibrox board have already shelled out to improve the club's Hummel Training Centre and they now look set to turn their attention to the stadium

The Ibrox board have already shelled out to upgrade the interior of the Hummel Training ground, as well as renovating three pitches there.

A statement in Gers’ Annual Report stated: “Three pitches have been fully renovated, with one having a hybrid surface installed.

“The intention is to also upgrade the Ibrox surface to hybrid in the next close-season.”

celtic installed a £1m hybrid surface last season.

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

What difference is there? Genuine question 

I'm sure I seen this before, think it's made in Holland, but this was a few years back, it's meant to be better for maintenance and it's stronger and doesn't get ruined as easily.

It's real grass mixed with synthetic material and it knits together, easier to maintain and doesn't churn up.

11 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

I'm sure I seen this before, think it's made in Holland, but this was a few years back, it's meant to be better for maintenance and it's stronger and doesn't get ruined as easily.

It's real grass mixed with synthetic material and it knits together, easier to maintain and doesn't churn up.

Did Hearts not lay one for this season?? 

19 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Hybrid grass or reinforced natural grass is a product created by combining natural grass with synthetic reinforcing fibres. It is used for stadium pitches and training pitches, used for association football, rugby, American football, golf and baseball. Reinforced natural grass can also be used for events and concerts.

21 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

The pitch was pish at the start of the season tbh, it was cutting up badly.

I always thought we used turf when replacing the pitch, but it was grass seed this season, I'm sure. That takes longer to knit together obviously. 

Been grass seed for years mate, we have a kind of hybrid pitch at the moment. 

The new hybrid pitches have moved on leaps and bounds. 

8 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

It’s a combination of grass and plastic that gives a more consistent ‘grass’ feel of a traditional pitch but it’s easier to maintain and you can play more games on it - it doesn’t suffer the wear and tear of a traditional grass pitch especially through long hot or long wet spells. I’ve been on the pitch at Murryfield and it’s a fantastic surface.