New pitch

10 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Not sure why we'd spend that amount on something that doesn't need fixing.

There was a survey done last season for SPFL clubs pitches. Every player was surveyed on each away pitch they had played on to determine the best and worst playing survey; Here is the result.

Premiership pitch ratings (average out of five) Season

Motherwell 4.26

Hibs 4.10

Dundee 3.94

celtic 3.75

Partick Thistle 3.52

Rangers 3.50

Ross County 3.26

St.Johnstone 3.08

Aberdeen 3.00

Hearts 2.96

Kilmarnock 1.70

Hamilton 1.18

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Good old Red Ash, still got bits embedded in my thighs, made us the men we are today. ??

Don’t forget the Mitre Mouldmaster as well. 

Anybody that played with that ball could never forget it. Taking one to the side of the face on a winter's day or just the sheer fucking bravery of anyone that decided to do nets when that ball appeared 

30 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

There was a survey done last season for SPFL clubs pitches. Every player was surveyed on each away pitch they had played on to determine the best and worst playing survey; Here is the result.

Motherwell 4.26

Hibs 4.10

Dundee 3.94

celtic 3.75

Partick Thistle 3.52

Rangers 3.50

Ross County 3.26

St.Johnstone 3.08

Aberdeen 3.00

Hearts 2.96

Kilmarnock 1.70

Hamilton 1.18

Partick thistle scoring more than Rangers? Surely not!!!

54 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Anybody that played with that ball could never forget it. Taking one to the side of the face on a winter's day or just the sheer fucking bravery of anyone that decided to do nets when that ball appeared 

Took a volley straight in the baws once, thought my dick had fell off. 

38 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Partick thistle scoring more than Rangers? Surely not!!!

That was my first reaction, Johan, but it got worse as I went through the results for all Scottish professional clubs. We ended up being classed 14th best pitch in Scotland, with

Stirling Albion’s Graeme Glen named groundsman of the year after the surface at Forthbank Stadium came out on top of the study.

Peterhead’s Balmoor Stadium and Queen’s Park’s Hampden Park came second and third in the overall rankings.

.The clubs who finished above us in order were: Stirling Albion, Peterhead, Queens Park, Motherwell, Dundee Utd., Hibs, Dundee, St. Mirren, Dunfermline, Alloa, Scum, Ayr Utd., Partick Thistle, Rangers....Hamilton Accies was voted the worst pitch in all of Scotland.

20 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Red ash was for pussies. Black every time.... together with some Iodine & a wire brush ?

Remember getting home from the fitba and straight into the Dettol Bath, lying there waiting for my Mum to come in with the scrubbing brush and the pain starting. 

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

That was my first reaction, Johan, but it got worse as I went through the results for all Scottish professional clubs. We ended up being classed 14th best pitch in Scotland, with

Stirling Albion’s Graeme Glen named groundsman of the year after the surface at Forthbank Stadium came out on top of the study.

Peterhead’s Balmoor Stadium and Queen’s Park’s Hampden Park came second and third in the overall rankings.

.The clubs who finished above us in order were: Stirling Albion, Peterhead, Queens Park, Motherwell, Dundee Utd., Hibs, Dundee, St. Mirren, Dunfermline, Alloa, Scum, Ayr Utd., Partick Thistle, Rangers....Hamilton Accies was voted the worst pitch in all of Scotland.

I refuse to believe that our pitch is worse than those listed above. We are meant to have some of the finest groundsmen, right?

Was it the players themselves that voted?

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

I refuse to believe that our pitch is worse than those listed above. We are meant to have some of the finest groundsmen, right?

Guaranteed our average will be being brought down by all the rabid taigs at other clubs scoring us 1 every time.

:craphead:

7 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Our pitch always looks immaculate, so I had to shake my head at those results; and yes, it was the players themselves that voted.

12 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Motherwell 4.26

Hibs 4.10

Dundee 3.94

celtic 3.75

Partick Thistle 3.52

Rangers 3.50

Ross County 3.26

St.Johnstone 3.08

Aberdeen 3.00

Hearts 2.96

Kilmarnock 1.70

Hamilton 1.18

Does Motherwells ground not always end up a mudbath during the winter months ? How did they come out on top :lol:

38 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Does Motherwells ground not always end up a mudbath during the winter months ? How did they come out on top :lol:

This was one thing that had me shaking my head about this survey, as their pitch as recently as 2012 was a cross between a mudbath and a  shifting sandpit, so unless they found money to invest in a new hybrid pitch, I'm fucked if I know what happened. For me, they are a shitty club with a shitty stadium (and I use the term, "stadium" very loosely) :megaanguish:

1280px-FirPark230408.jpeg