Jump to content
BlueKnight87

4 January Signings Wanted

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not sure, just don’t see it happening though

I’d say we had no chance if he wasn’t in the last year of his deal as Wigan rate him very highly, but I could see us attracting him to sign on a Bosman as we are surely much more attractive than playing championship/league 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Teddybear123 said:

I’d say we had no chance if he wasn’t in the last year of his deal as Wigan rate him very highly, but I could see us attracting him to sign on a Bosman as we are surely much more attractive than playing championship/league 1

He’s never put in a shift for any club not named Wigan since his youth days.

He has talent but if he applied himself, he’d be a premier league regular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marky. said:

He’s never put in a shift for any club not named Wigan since his youth days.

He has talent but if he applied himself, he’d be a premier league regular.

Agree that Wigan is he only place he’s done well but he signed for them when he was 22 so could have just been a case of maturing so think he’d do a job for us. Yeah think he has applied himself just been unlucky with injuries and if he hadn’t he’d be playing at a far higher level. Although looks like his injuries are behind him so think he’d be a really good signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My kingdom for a fucking midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Begby said:

Bradley Dack please

Cost close to 5 million quid. No chance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Begby said:

Bradley Dack please

Wee spice boy fud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Cost close to 5 million quid. No chance 

These days prices mate a think ye would be at 10 minimum

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steven Davis would be our best midfielder by a mile. I'd take him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Magic but

Another Windass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Fri Nov 09 2018 at 10:38, Begby said:

Bradley Dack please

He'll be in the jail by the time the transfer window opens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2018 at 15:30, Teddybear123 said:

Agree that Wigan is he only place he’s done well but he signed for them when he was 22 so could have just been a case of maturing so think he’d do a job for us. Yeah think he has applied himself just been unlucky with injuries and if he hadn’t he’d be playing at a far higher level. Although looks like his injuries are behind him so think he’d be a really good signing.

He was ditched by Man United mainly because of his attitude and total lack of application. Injuries had no bearing on his stinking approach. He had a chance and wasted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 23:47, LegendofCoop said:

Murray Davidson scored yesterday I see 😄 

I believe Ally would still be here if he managed to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the scum pushing the boat out in Jan if we remain this close.

I only want to see 2 players brought in tho and both of a real high standard a number 10 and a forward. Cant think of anyone but if that takes 4-5 million each then so be it its badly needed.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I see the scum pushing the boat out in Jan if we remain this close.

I only want to see 2 players brought in tho and both of a real high standard a number 10 and a forward. Cant think of anyone but if that takes 4-5 million each then so be it its badly needed.

 

Prices are inflated in January. 

Anyone that comes in will be on loan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rum Ham said:

Prices are inflated in January. 

Anyone that comes in will be on loan 

In terms of a striker I would agree and it would probably be most sensible. The additional difficulty we have is that Morelos will always be first choice. Therefore unless we change our shape I can't see us spending huge sums in the over inflated January market, effectively on a secondary striker. We absolutely need reinforcement though.

There will be a number of players who haven't played as much so far this season looking to go out on loan. No doubt we'll be linked to the likes of Solanke, Defoe etc again. Whilst it's not ideal and there will always be risks bringing in loans, it's still a good market to use if utilised well.

Obviously if we can get someone permanent at a fair price, then great but certainly to add to the front line, loans could be the best option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I see the scum pushing the boat out in Jan if we remain this close.

I only want to see 2 players brought in tho and both of a real high standard a number 10 and a forward. Cant think of anyone but if that takes 4-5 million each then so be it its badly needed.

 

We don’t have the luxury of being able to go and spend £4-5m on a striker to sit on the bench while Morelos plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

We don’t have the luxury of being able to go and spend £4-5m on a striker to sit on the bench while Morelos plays.

Then make it a loan until the summer. 

Priority this window is genuine number 10 of quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, don't need too many players. I'd say 3 max of real real quality. I want a playmaker and a goal scoring mid would would walk right into that team and another lethal striker after Sadiq leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some have strong feelings against loans, but I wouldn't mind if a few of the Jan signings were loans of quality till the end of the season where we can attract Bosmans and get value for the money we spend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Quality players required. A bad cunt for midfield and a real #10.  Strengthen that midfield and it helps the back line, then it lets the other midfielders do the job to get the ball up to the strikers to do damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id take a look at Will Keane from Hull. contracts up in the summer, hull willing to let him go in january - we could do with another attacker and he'd be cheap / next to nothing. Fleck would be a good buy too imo, davis short term would give us a bit more creativity i think. hopefully Coulibaly ups his game and i think we wont be lacking in defensive midfielders / enforcers with him and jack (and rossiter if he keeps fit) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×