1955 and Now

Callum_Doon

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Naivety in those early days 

Now nepotism and corruption 

PS - Rangers and where they are today are the ultimate example of where the apologists and appeasers have fucked up !

1 hour ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Still the same naive cunts going about in fact worse, even at Ibrox by the way, and they've played the long game to fruition and we've stood back took it. Wait till the muzzies programme is in full flow, sorry how naive of me it already is.

The baffling one .Can you imagine a bluenose working in their ticket office

Yet we have some of the beggars working in ours ?Just plain stupid imo 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

The baffling one .Can you imagine a bluenose working in their ticket office

Yet we have some of the beggars working in ours ?Just plain stupid imo 

That's a result of the "he's awright" policy. Obviously still alive and well. 

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

“They were thinking while we were drinking”. 

In other words we got complacent and they seized their chance.

They will tell you .They were oppressed for years .Now it's payback time 

Well that's the words of a beggar I know that works high up in pension dept 

She is not embarrassed to tell me there is only token bears in the whole building 

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Fuck it then. Wur doomed

Far from it 

We still have the numbers .It will take very brave and strong people to ever reverse the scandalous nepotism that goes on 

Lord Nimmo Smith will one day get his karma for his landmark decision in 1996 that stopped the  possible change in the  laws 

And proving the Central Councils are indeed rhancid with absolute nepotism 

3 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Unsurprisingly quite a bit has changed in 63 years.... 

This is the most relevant answer of the thread. 

1955 is basically 3 generations ago. The world has moved on.

Everything moves faster now than in 1955, no one has time for the things they used to  like orange order or the Masonic lodge 

Communities are dying. Neighbours barely know each other now. Folk don’t look out for each other the same as they used to. 

Lots of things have changed and many not for the better. But that’s progress. We can’t cling on to the past we have to move with the times and influence the present rather than cling on to something that’s already gone. 

I just worry that the youth have already been conditioned by a decade of SNP government to believe in things like repulicanism and independence. I think it’s looking ever likely that there will be a break up of the UK in my lifetime  and I would never have believed that 10 years ago  

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

This Country and certainly Glasgow belonged to our people 

The immigrants slowly and cleverly using political manoeuvring originally  .They stood up for all the injustices they perceived as one and slowly  gained control  of all the decision making institutions .Especially Centrally where they practically impregnable now  in our lifetimes 

Many of them in my younger days studied law and you see the fruits of that nowadays.

I reckon there must be 9/10 lawyers are beggars 

They placed their favourable people in positions of power, wherever that mattered

The media latterly is now full of the scumbags with agenda for their beloved ones  and against the Rangers 

The police used to be 80/% us in my younger days .

Now I reckon it can't be far off 50/50 with storm troopers with high positions probably 75/25 shifting towards their own  .

You're absolutely correct re the legal system. You only have to look at the Lord Advocate and the extremely shady David Goodwillie ruling...

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Everything moves faster now than in 1955, no one has time for the things they used to  like orange order or the Masonic lodge 

Communities are dying. Neighbours barely know each other now. Folk don’t look out for each other the same as they used to. 

Lots of things have changed and many not for the better. But that’s progress. We can’t cling on to the past we have to move with the times and influence the present rather than cling on to something that’s already gone. 

I just worry that the youth have already been conditioned by a decade of SNP government to believe in things like repulicanism and independence. I think it’s looking ever likely that there will be a break up of the UK in my lifetime  and I would never have believed that 10 years ago  

Their communities are not dying in fact they've ensconced themselves so strongly in the Glasgow area that they still run the lot. Ours make do with crumbs off their table and appear to be grateful for it. The snp are just copying the brown envelope habits of the cellic Glesga cooncil, in fact a few of them are kafflic ex lhabour councillors who've just jumped the dyke to keep their snouts in the trough and educate their rhepublican collaborators on how to fuck the system and us. Nae chance the UK ever breaking up these scumbags are too fond of the giro which there's no chance of them getting from this sad wee shithole if it went solo. 

1 hour ago, gsa said:

You're absolutely correct re the legal system. You only have to look at the Lord Advocate and the extremely shady David Goodwillie ruling...

What happened with that again mate 

Remind me .I was only half interested in that at the time 

3 hours ago, Bakbear said:

You are not wrong in much of that  but I don't think the OP was under the impression the world hadn't moved on .He was asking specifically why the political landscape had changed if I'm correct .To say no one really likes OL and Masonic lodges would only because the MSN would have you believe that .Absolutely thousands love the fact it's still part of their lives .Almost tradition handed down from family generations 

Each to their own on this one I say 

They are not the enemies that is certain 

Your positives are good for the future although the apathy within our kind is so large .I cannot imagine what it's going to take to change this .Especially in the younger ones who have to listen to all the haters in the MSM and influencing them 

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You are not wrong in much of that  but I don't think the OP was under the impression the world hadn't moved on .He was asking specifically why the political landscape had changed if I'm correct .To say no one really likes OL and Masonic lodges would only because the MSN would have you believe that .Absolutely thousands love the fact it's still part of their lives .Almost tradition handed down from family generations 

Each to their own on this one I say 

They are not the enemies that is certain 

Your positives are good for the future although the apathy within our kind is so large .I cannot imagine what it's going to take to change this .Especially in the younger ones who have to listen to all the haters in the MSM and influencing them 

The move away from religion for many plays a big part in it. People don't care about religious fraternities when they don't practice any religious beliefs. The last Census had more people identify as non religious than belonging to any sect of Christianity. The kirk dropped 10% in a decade alone.

The answer is as old as 1955; never vote for a tim. We were told to shut up in the name of tolerance and anyone who did speak out was ridiculed. The mantra of toleration was pushed down everyone's neck  but the tims have done everything to politically attack the Scottish culture and replace it with quasi Irish republican Scottish pro catholic culture. Ulster was stitched up by a Fenian labor party and Scotland will be as well if you vote for the tims.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The move away from religion for many plays a big part in it. People don't care about religious fraternities when they don't practice any religious beliefs. The last Census had more people identify as non religious than belonging to any sect of Christianity. The kirk dropped 10% in a decade alone.

That is a fair point Dude . When I seen your reply . Here comes Dude to wind us all up .

Pleasant surprise . And I would say you are pretty much spot on there

In fact . In 1955 . I think we had many people, thousands  in this Country that would go and see a guy called Billy Graham speaking .

Now would you get this nowadays . Not a chance . Not with our kind sadly

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That is a fair point Dude . When I seen your reply . Here comes Dude to wind us all up .

Pleasant surprise . And I would say you are pretty much spot on there

In fact . In 1955 . I think we had many people, thousands  in this Country that would go and see a guy called Billy Graham speaking .

Now would you get this nowadays . Not a chance . Not with our kind sadly

2.5million heard Billy Graham speak at various events across Scotland in 1955. As of 2011 that would account for every Kirk Protestant and RC in the country.