Kent injured

Moobs

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

Not a big miss for me, think he’s been poor for weeks. Would rather we started with one of our own like Grezda or Middleton rather than a loanee anyway. Only reason he plays every week is he’s a favourite of Gerrard

Also in his contract.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

You're right mate ... last few games he has been faced with a human wall of players intent on stopping any creativity from him or any of our forwards ... though the same cannot to be said in our Euro campaign due to a more open playing field. 

I do think he will be missed tomorrow ... but like you say the opportunity has arisen for someone else to make their mark on the night .... still hoping for the best though and feel we can get a result in Moscow.

:UK:

Teams quickly realised they could put 2/3 guys on him and not have to worry about getting punished from other areas on the park, especially as you said, when they have 8 other men behind the ball!

Do think he will be a miss tomorrow but hoping the few games out gives Middleton/Gredza some continuous game time without getting chopped and changed constantly, let them find a bit of form. Still expect Lafferty to start tomorrow though as an out ball if we're penned in for a lot of the game like Villareal.

Feel we can get a result but would bite your hand off for a point right now, always hate playing the Russian mobs, especially over there!

55 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Plus let's develop our own players and not Liverpool's 

Thats not going to work considering thats exactly what we are doing with the manager. Not that i am complaining.

If we can develop other teams young players and that then leads to better relations with better funded teams and as a result allows better quality players come to us then why not,? Yes it would be great to see a team full of academy graduates but that's never going to happen. I think going forward, every year we will bolster out numbers with at least 3 loanees, the better quality the better for us.

48 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Been 1 of our best players this season so far so a big blow losing him. On the flip side, teams seem to have found out how to mark him out of games these last few weeks so might be good him getting an enforced break.

Hopefully Middleton/Lafferty (expect Laff) will do the job in his absence

Please to fuck don't let Lafferty play for us in that position again. He was horrendous when playing there first time round and doesn't appear to have gotten any better. So I'd rather we went with Middleton until we can get a left back that will go beyond our left winger when they have to cut in on to their strong foot back in the team. 

5 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Please to fuck don't let Lafferty play for us in that position again. He was horrendous when playing there first time round and doesn't appear to have gotten any better. So I'd rather we went with Middleton until we can get a left back that will go beyond our left winger when they have to cut in on to their strong foot back in the team. 

Agreed, I'd rather not see Lafferty shoehorned out there again but away in Europe, especially tomorrow, I can see him getting a start.

Would like to see Middleton get a good few games in Kent's absence, think he needs it rather than 20 minutes here or there. Even Gredza on the left & Candeias on the right would be better

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Middleton has done nothing whenever he has started and looks a one trick pony, and Grezda is way off the pace. 

So I would say this is a huge blow. 

Middleton has only started 1 game which was against Ayr in the cup........I'm sure he scored 2 and set 1 up though.

I do agree losing Kent is a blow. 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Middleton has only started 1 game which was against Ayr in the cup........I'm sure he scored 2 and set 1 up though.

I do agree losing Kent is a blow. 

He’s nowhere near ready for a starting position, loads of talent though. 

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Agreed, I'd rather not see Lafferty shoehorned out there again but away in Europe, especially tomorrow, I can see him getting a start.

Would like to see Middleton get a good few games in Kent's absence, think he needs it rather than 20 minutes here or there. Even Gredza on the left & Candeias on the right would be better

That's a fair statement. Lafferty is probably the best option to start Tomorrow due to experience, but I'd definitely be more happy seeing Middleton coming on later on in the game when players are tired than having to rely on Lafferty to do that. 

Getting a lot of unwarranted criticism on here.

He’s done well for us and let’s be honest he’s on every posters starting XI in the match threads so don’t understand this aww aye he’s a shite loan player attitude.

Will be a miss if he’s out for a while.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He’s nowhere near ready for a starting position, loads of talent though. 

Maybe but he has a massive opportunity now to show us. 

I do have a feeling lafferty will be shoehorned into Kents position for a more defensive style and maybe to be a threat from set pieces.

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Maybe but he has a massive opportunity now to show us. 

I do have a feeling lafferty will be shoehorned into Kents position for a more defensive style and maybe to be a threat from set pieces.

Honestly thought Middleton had started a couple of times. Last 15/20 mins when the other team are  tired he can run them ragged but any more and I think he’s just not ready

Lafferty wide left is so wrong it’s hard to fathom how anyone that’s watched football never mind played it to any decent level thinks it’s a good idea. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly thought Middleton had started a couple of times. Last 15/20 mins when the other team are  tired he can run them ragged but any more and I think he’s just not ready

Lafferty wide left is so wrong it’s hard to fathom how anyone that’s watched football never mind played it to any decent level thinks it’s a good idea. 

I agree and we seen how effective he was against the tims when playing there, but for some reason I have this feeling he's going to be played there if fit. 

It's the opportunity Grezda and Middleton have been waiting on and they need to take their opportunity.