Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

Tarriers romped the league two years in a row while in Europe.

To be honest... a lot of the teams have improved their squads significantly compared to years gone by. It is more even, and a higher standard, than it has been for years.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

Tarriers romped the league two years in a row while in Europe.

Oh it can be done, but it doesn't often happen.  Especially with a team put together a few months ago mate.

They aren't exactly romping it this year, and I blame Europe for that, at least in part.

1 minute ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Neither would I but we will still easily finish above them. 

I hope so but will we finish ahead of Hearts? Again I hope so but the win at the weekend was a grind, the last two away wins have been grinding wins which are coming pretty late enough in the games and we aren't playing that well. So it's a slog. The team we getting ripped to pieces on this forum before we scored at the weekend. 

6 minutes ago, gsa said:

What are they? Be hero worshipped and called a legend? Because that's what happened to him off the back of years of mediocrity with Liverpool and England. And yes I know he won the champions league once, before someone brings it up. He has the same amount of champions league medals as Paul Lambert. 

“Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” 

Just now, johanhentze said:

To be honest... a lot of the teams have improved their squads significantly compared to years gone by. It is more even, and a higher standard, than it has been for years.

I often wonder if the other teams have improved significantly or have both us and them dropped in standard so much?

Just now, gogzy said:

Oh it can be done, but it doesn't often happen.  Especially with a team put together a few months ago mate.

They aren't exactly romping it this year, and I blame Europe for that, at least in part.

It's more to do with them taking the eye off the ball. If we had the required standards in our squad ie a squad strong enough and enough quality we probably would be able to catch them. But we don't so alas. 

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Thats fine, but we are playing a serious amount of games.. if we dont rotate then we get a very tired team... we have already seen a tired team and when we do???? "We need to play the best 11". He cannot win.

don't think centre of defence has been rotated Katic got bombed out and since then the defence has gone all to fuck - on the couple of time he has played his confidence has looked shattered 

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

I hope so but will we finish ahead of Hearts? Again I hope so but the win at the weekend was a grind, the last two away wins have been grinding wins which are coming pretty late enough in the games and we aren't playing that well. So it's a slog. The team we getting ripped to pieces on this forum before we scored at the weekend. 

Sometimes it doesnt take very much.

Just now, gogzy said:

I often wonder if the other teams have improved significantly or have both us and them dropped in standard so much?

Bit of both. Neither of us are anywhere near as good as we once were and some of the others aren't as bad (relatively) as they used to be.

I've said it countless times on here but the clamour to go to the third division has absolutely fucked us.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Shite start, in a final and skelping teams the now

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I definitely think that some of the teams have improved a lot in terms of management and players. It just means that when we used to rely on fitness to get us the win, it doesnt anymore. 

2 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

I can't believe you have doubts we wont finish above Hearts. Do you watch football?

4 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

don't think centre of defence has been rotated Katic got bombed out and since then the defence has gone all to fuck - on the couple of time he has played his confidence has looked shattered 

You can blame it on confidence or just... skill? Goldson has played every game and I think he hasnt been great lately. Is that confidence as well?

Just now, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I can't believe you have doubts we wont finish above Hearts. Do you watch football?

We have no consistency, it's been like that all season so far. Hearts find themselves top, which won't last long but it's much better than us. Every game in the league is a slog, we aren't blowing teams away week in week out and we are conceding a lot of goals, silly goal at that. So I'd need to be reminded why I should be confident of it?

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Shite start, in a final and skelping teams the now

Ate, they've hit a run of form for sure.

They, and us have still be hampered by playing a ton of midweek games compared to everyone else near us in the league.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bit of both. Neither of us are anywhere near as good as we once were and some of the others aren't as bad (relatively) as they used to be.

I've said it countless times on here but the clamour to go to the third division has absolutely fucked us.

What clamour?

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Ate, they've hit a run of form for sure.

They, and us have still be hampered by playing a ton of midweek games compared to everyone else near us in the league.

Its one thing playing midweek games... but going to the places we have makes it a helluva lot worse.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Think we've played 26 games already this season and it's a few days after bonfire night. Last season we played our 26th game of the season two days after Xmas. Rotation is absolutely necessary.

That’s just making excuses, Davie weir played 60 games in a season for us at 39 or something 

we have a young team, there is no chance they are physically knackered, mentally they are weak and that’s a problem, you don’t make it at Rangers if your mentally weak.

they should be kicking gerrards office door off the hinges demanding not to be rotated, but be dropped if their performances drop, not many of our players were regulars at their clubs when we signed them maybe there’s a reason for that