Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

I read that we did. Must be close? Doesn't change my point though. We spent a relative fortune.

I’m sure we’ve spent around £10m whereas the Tarriers bought Eduaord for £8m and then got a freebie and loans.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Really? Its been happening to us all season.

Naismith out for six weeks, Berra, Souttar and Uche all out for five/six months. Their two first choice centre backs, striker and probably best player. Our injury luck is nowhere near the bad

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I thought you meant the fans. I don't disagree that going to the third division has damaged us but ultimately it wasn't the OUR decision.

So I understand by saying "I've said it countless times on here but the clamour to go to the third division has absolutely fucked us" are you blaming us? Even partly?

I do mean the fans.

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I doubt that they will. It's not the only point in rotation. It's about keeping them as close to their best as possible, stopping them from thinking their place is automatically guaranteed in the side and getting complacent, giving others a chance to play and improve and matching up with specific threats posed by the opposition and a host of other reasons.

I think it’s a lot of shite tbh

Strikers and wingers maybe, but not goalkeepers and ch 

If they get complacent or their form drops I think I said, then by all means, drop them and give somebody else a chance but that’s not how it’s been and everybody can see rotation isn’t working because when the players being rotated are coming back into the team the benefits arent obvious

personally I think we’d get more out our players giving them a start on merit and making them perform to their max or somebody is itching to get back in their place, just the way it’s always been really, can’t be too much to ask

Just now, The Dude said:

I do mean the fans.

You've misunderstood. I know you mean the fans. The rest of my post also suggests that. I repeat then do you think it is our fault we went to the third division even though we (the fans) had no direct say in the matter?

I've said it countless times on here but the clamour to go to the third division has absolutely fucked us

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Naismith out for six weeks, Berra, Souttar and Uche all out for five/six months. Their two first choice centre backs, striker and probably best player. Our injury luck is nowhere near the bad

Dorrans, Murphy, Rossiter, Arfield, Barisic etc.. We have had very bad luch as well.. Dorrans/Murphy might not have been world beaters last season, but I do think they have a role to play in this team.

7 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Well... factually we were near to getting it right. We had a genuine goal chopped off - that puts us at 4-4. The could have scored, but didnt - we also had chances... but we actually scored a goal that was wrongfully chopped off. So... we WERE near to getting it right.

We were near to getting a result but we didn’t look anywhere near comfortable in the game. 

Surely away in Europe you set up to nick a goal then see it out? We had 3 chances at it and fucked it. We didn’t look like we could hold out under sustained pressure. Away in Europe that’s unacceptable 

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

I think it’s a lot of shite tbh

Strikers and wingers maybe, but not goalkeepers and ch 

If they get complacent or their form drops I think I said, then by all mean drop them and give somebody else a chance but that’s not how it’s been and everybody can see rotation isn’t working because when the players being rotated are coming back into the team the benefits arent obvious

personally I think we’d get more out our players giving them a start on merit and making them perform to their max or somebody is itching to get back in their place, just the way it’s always been really, can’t be too much to ask

Just because it isnt physically taxing doesnt mean that it isnt taxing... I work in music, and have done at the highest level for a long time, and know first hand what mental fatigue can do to you. It can be just as destructive as physical fatigue - that is just a fact. Time off at the right time can really maintain your performance long term.

2 minutes ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

We were near to getting a result but we didn’t look anywhere near comfortable in the game. 

Surely away in Europe you set up to nick a goal then see it out? We had 3 chances at it and fucked it. We didn’t look like we could hold out under sustained pressure. Away in Europe that’s unacceptable 

Man Utd didnt look comfortable and they dont give a fuck... fact is we were very unlucky today. Also....there is no "surely" in football. Sometimes you win and sometimes you dont.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

You've misunderstood. I know you mean the fans. The rest of my post also suggests that. I repeat then do you think it is our fault we went to the third division even though we (the fans) had no direct say in the matter? 

I do think it's partly fans fault. There was no reason for Chuckles to put up any fight against the plans to put is in the third division because it was what the fans wanted. He danced to the tune the fans played so he could try bleed as much cash from us as possible. While other clubs were threatening to withhold their cash, we had the ridiculous idea it would force them to the wall. The only people it damaged was ourselves.

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Just because it isnt physically taxing doesnt mean that it isnt taxing... I work in music, and have done at the highest level for a long time, and know first hand what mental fatigue can do to you. It can be just as destructive as physical fatigue - that is just a fact. Time off at the right time can really maintain your performance long term.

Cmon mate ffs it’s footballers they are hame before lunch time, grafting 7 days a week in the building game is taxing but such is life fuxake 

they are professional athletes, the quicker they realise that the better

3 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Cmon mate ffs it’s footballers they are hame before lunch time, grafting 7 days a week in the building game is taxing but such is life fuxake 

People say that to me about musicians as well.. they dont know that it requires extreme concentration and performance at that level.. those things really take it out of you mentally and can feel a helluva lot worse than a hard day of labour (which I have done plenty of).

3 hours ago, RDB14 said:

It's not Gerrard's fault.  He didn't call our 4th goal offside, ask Goldson to kick it in our own net, Flanagan to pass to them for their third, deflect it  into our top corner or hit post in the last minute.  His tactics worked fine so fuck up.

Nobody’s tactics ever work ‘fine’ when you get beaten.

4 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

they are professional athletes, the quicker they realise that the better

Whilst becoming a professional athlete - and maintaining that - is a breeze. I might do it if I get bored of this writing lark.

8 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Man Utd didnt look comfortable and they dont give a fuck... fact is we were very unlucky today. Also....there is no "surely" in football. Sometimes you win and sometimes you dont.

I wouldn’t say we were very unlucky. On another day they bury another few of their countless chances and it’s even worse. 

Even if Morelos goal counts(which it should have, what a fucking goal)  I honestly think they would have scored 5.

But you’re right we get a result and I’m singing our praises. But we didn’t so sadly we have to face up to reality 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I do think it's partly fans fault. There was no reason for Chuckles to put up any fight against the plans to put is in the third division because it was what the fans wanted. He danced to the tune the fans played so he could try bleed as much cash from us as possible. While other clubs were threatening to withhold their cash, we had the ridiculous idea it would force them to the wall. The only people it damaged was ourselves.

Nonsense. Like it or not we (the fans) had absolutely no say in which division we ended up in 2012. Other clubs voted and that was that. Green couldn't fight that.

The decision to send us down to division 3 DID damage the rest of Scottish football. No-one has quite went "to the wall" yet however each and every one of them has had to cut their cloth accordingly which IMO has lowered the standard of player on the field significantly since 2012. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Nonsense. Like it or not we (the fans) had absolutely no say in the division we ended up in 2012. Other clubs voted and that was that. Green couldn't fight that.

The decision to sent us down to division 3 DID damage the rest of Scottish football. No-one has quite went "to the wall" yet however each and every one of them has had to cut their cloth accordingly which IMO has lowered the standard of player on the field significantly since 2012. 

Green could fight it by lobbying other clubs. He chose not to as it would have gone against what the fans, largely, wanted. Not one club was contacted by anyone from Rangers prior to votes being taken over what their position would be.

The standard has been consistently declining since the turn of the century.

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I can't help thinking Dorrans and Murphy were players Gerrard would have looked to use in that role (or at least allowed others like Kent to move in centrally and play Murphy wide left) but injuries have thrown a spanner in the works there.

I think so. I know he wasn’t the most popular player on here but I think we miss the option Murphy gave us. Having the option of him playing on the left with Kent as a “10” would have made a real difference to our options and patterns of play within games.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I think so. I know he wasn’t the most popular player on here but I think we miss the option Murphy gave us. Having the option of him playing on the left with Kent as a “10” would have made a real difference to our options and patterns of play within games. 

Definitely. I'm a fan of Murphy's and think he's much better than given credit for by some and he's someone we've really missed. I've noticed a we seem to move Kent inside quite a bit at times if there's another attacking player brought on in games too - which makes me think that was probably part of the plan.

5 minutes ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

I wouldn’t say we were very unlucky. On another day they bury another few of their countless chances and it’s even worse. 

Even if Morelos goal counts(which it should have, what a fucking goal)  I honestly think they would have scored 5.

But you’re right we get a result and I’m singing our praises. But we didn’t so sadly we have to face up to reality 

We scored a good goal and they didnt take their chances (just like we didnt) which is speculation....

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Whilst becoming a professional athlete - and maintaining that - is a breeze. I might do it if I get bored of this writing lark.

If you can’t maintain Being a professional athlete then you can’t call yourself 1

It’s the same in all walks of life stop making excuses for the cunts it’s bad enough seeing how poor some of our players are at times

Just now, Tomatasauce said:

If you can’t maintain Being a professional athlete then you can’t call yourself 1

It’s the same in all walks of life stop making excuses for the cunts it’s bad enough seeing how poor some of our players are at times

That's nonsense. Ronaldinho is arguably one of the most famous recent examples. He was definitely a professional athlete and then pissed it away.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Green could fight it by lobbying other clubs. He chose not to as it would have gone against what the fans, largely, wanted. Not one club was contacted by anyone from Rangers prior to votes being taken over what their position would be.

The standard has been consistently declining since the turn of the century.

Ultimately it was still the decision of 25 out of 30 member SFL clubs though. Not the fans. We are not to blame here. FWIW I don't think Green's decision not to lobby other clubs was down to fan opinion and neither do I think lobbying other clubs (due to the MSM view we were guilty until proven innocent) would have been particularly successful.

Despite 2 European finals from 2 Scottish teams since the turn of the century I am inclined to agree with your second part although not consistently. Since 2012 it has declined beyond where it should be right now and that is attributable to the blue pound being removed from the top flight. We have by far sustained the greatest amount of damage as a club but certainly the rest of Scottish football has been affected.