Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

wake the fuck up you lot! not all gerrard's fault but he's at fault for some shit! keeping Flanagan on was criminal, same goes for Ejaria! Halliday and Jack should've replaced them 2 at half time! why the fuck he doesn't want to make subs at a decent time that can help change a game is fuckin beyond me and does my tits in big time!

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's nonsense. Ronaldinho is arguably one of the most famous recent examples. He was definitely a professional athlete and then pissed it away.

I don’t get yer point, let’s stick to Rangers players, don’t start talking about a guy who was at a point, one of the best players the world had ever seen

If we have players who can’t maintain being an athlete at the very least, (at a breeze as you put it) then they shouldn’t be playing professional football especially for us

4 hours ago, ben51 said:

You cannot account for how shite individual players are/were. 

The defence and midfield were absolutely chronic. 

Again, you could critique his lack of urgency when it came to substitutions. But the players badly let him down. 

He should be accounting for it because they've been shite for weeks, the midfield especially has been a real concern this season.

16 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Personally I think we really need to sack this Gerrard character, and get some managerial great like Billy Davies in the door, or Jim Duffy, or what about big Eck?

Honestly, some of yez need a left scissors kick tae the baws.

How many ppl have said sack him ? Don't be hysterical , but is he beyond criticism? Is it not ok too be concerned at repeated mistakes ?

The manager has made mistakes in a lot of the games so far but and I know he does not seem to learn from them game to game but I am sure given time he will. But our biggest problem is we have no leader on the park and the whole squad throughout is littered with mediocre football players and the fact so many of them don't have the bottle for the big games as proved so far this season is definitely beginning to worry me. It's Motherwell this weekend and if the lot of them don't roll their sleeves up and show a bit of bottle against those dirty bastards they will do their usual and bully us like they always do.

7 hours ago, WATPWATP said:

wake the fuck up you lot! not all gerrard's fault but he's at fault for some shit! keeping Flanagan on was criminal, same goes for Ejaria! Halliday and Jack should've replaced them 2 at half time! why the fuck he doesn't want to make subs at a decent time that can help change a game is fuckin beyond me and does my tits in big time!

Everything you've mentioned was gerrard's fault so what exactly wasn't his fault? 

7 hours ago, WATPWATP said:

Going by his post-match, he seemed reluctant to change things in defence seemingly because he wanted to protect them (“they’re human after all”)

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Going by his post-match, he seemed reluctant to change things in defence seemingly because he wanted to protect them (“they’re human after all”)

the "they're human after all" comment... was it not down to them making mistakes? 

We’ve made improvements but desperately need at least two quality midfielders. It’s not the only part of the squad needing additions but as it stands its the most important. Whether it’s Jack or Coullibaly one of them should be sitting just in front of the back 4 breaking play up and giving it to someone who can actually do some damage further up the pitch. Ejaria continually slows it up and makes 4 or 5 turns before passing it sideways or back and Arfield is posted missing most games. 

A stronger midfield would take pressure off the defence and even with the lack of strikers at the club if we could get some real drive and creativity in there it would spread confidence all over the pitch. 

I’m pretty sure Gerrard and Macallister are fully aware of this - really need this addressed in January 

8 hours ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

I wouldn’t say we were very unlucky. On another day they bury another few of their countless chances and it’s even worse. 

Even if Morelos goal counts(which it should have, what a fucking goal)  I honestly think they would have scored 5.

But you’re right we get a result and I’m singing our praises. But we didn’t so sadly we have to face up to reality 

We had a shot cleared off the line and a few other close ones too, we could have easily scored 5 or 6 yesterday.

They were shite in defence too.  

8 hours ago, WATPWATP said:

THey were not having a good game, you're right.  However that team was winning 3-2 away from home in Europe  If he had changed it and we had still lost, he would be getting the blame for breaking up the flow of a team that was winning.

Football managers are fighting a losing battle.

12 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

Anyone could see the match had turned and again he did nothing to influence it, its no coincidence that when we did make subs, we started to create some chances again.

‘He did nothing to influence it’ followed By ‘we did make subs and started to create chances again’ 

so basically SG did what you wanted but still your angry! Go figure! 

Hes doing the thing that Benitez and houllier done at Liverpool and changing starting 11s for changing sake. The spine of the team should remain consistent. 

He through katic in last night who imo showed why worral should be ahead of him. The keeper and cbs should never be changed unless a horrible loss of form or injuries/suspensions kick in. It's what made imo Walter Smith successful. Weir and boughie, weir and cuellar and then obviously back to the 9iar era we built on top of.a solid base.

You then have haliday who isn't a world beater but was one of our best players the previous couple of games then dropped for Flanagan who hadn't played. 

We then drop Jack and put lassa in his place but again Jack had done nothing wrong to.be dropped and on form lassa had been our weakest midfielder in recent weeks.

We can't keep chopping and changing. We need a settled 11 with the occasional 1 or two coming into the team.

All the top teams 1st 11s pick themselves. Rotation barely works and especially at the levels we change it sometimes 5 or 6 changes. 

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Hes doing the thing that Benitez and houllier done at Liverpool and changing starting 11s for changing sake. The spine of the team should remain consistent. 

He through katic in last night who imo showed why worral should be ahead of him. The keeper and cbs should never be changed unless a horrible loss of form or injuries/suspensions kick in. It's what made imo Walter Smith successful. Weir and boughie, weir and cuellar and then obviously back to the 9iar era we built on top of.a solid base.

You then have haliday who isn't a world beater but was one of our best players the previous couple of games then dropped for Flanagan who hadn't played. 

We then drop Jack and put lassa in his place but again Jack had done nothing wrong to.be dropped and on form lassa had been our weakest midfielder in recent weeks.

We can't keep chopping and changing. We need a settled 11 with the occasional 1 or two coming into the team.

All the top teams 1st 11s pick themselves. Rotation barely works and especially at the levels we change it sometimes 5 or 6 changes. 

Said this yesterday, apart from Mcgregor, Tav & Morleos, I really don't think I could guess with any certainty the other 8 players that will start on Sunday.

We still have no clue what our best 11 & still have no clue who our strongest CB pairing is.