Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

20 minutes ago, ben51 said:

You cannot account for how shite individual players are/were. 

The defence and midfield were absolutely chronic. 

Again, you could critique his lack of urgency when it came to substitutions. But the players badly let him down. 

You can when they’ve been shite for weeks but he continually picks them.

He’s also getting no reaction from them.

We’ve won one game in 5..

I saw no reason to change the centre backs. Worral played ok on saturday, Jack was ok on Saturday and certainly better than coulibaly who looks like he can only be rested if he can’t walk.

the only thing Gerrard is responsible for is chopping and changing too much.  The subs issue tonight especially was like replacing shite with shite in all honesty.  We need atleast 2 good midfielders as what we’ve got in there are just not good enough by any stretch of the imagination.

Where has the combative coullibaly gone? Ejaria failed to pass to middleton 3 times in 1st half when he was away on the left wing, where has the passing ability gone? As for arfield, he is yet to produce that big game mentality I thought hed be bringing. Spends his game pointing to players he wants others to mark, while he stands idle. 

That as a midfield was abysmal tonight. Left the defence wide open and loaded with pressure. Had it not been for mcgregor it could have been worse!

we can't legislate for incapable officials, but team selection is within our grasp. I feel that Ejaria is SG's Windass, afraid to drop him, but definitely needs rested in certain games.

I would have Ryan Jack on in away games, where he is DM to breakup oppositions forward play. Ejaria contributed heehaw tonight.

I had the feeling the instruction at half time was to try to hold what we had and at worst draw.

sadly I don’t think our personnel are intelligent enough to play that way and in turn we lose two quickly and the ship is sunk with panic plan Bs getting thrown into the mix. 

I actually think that tonight he got tactics spot on. We exploited them like fuck in the first half. He can’t compensate for a full back 4 playing absolutely fuckin woeful. Maybe an arguement Flanagan shouldn’t have started and should’ve been hooked but his players let him down tonight. It was them who threw the lead away. 

7 minutes ago, bazza010 said:

WE NEED BETTER PLAYERS ALL OVER THE PARK..THAT IS  THE PROBLEM.

There is also nobody in the squad to control the team in crunch games, Gerrard was a rock in midfield and in attack, just look at his midfield weak as water.

I thought he played the right tactics tonight but the same old players who he picks, let us down and his failure to bin Flanagan and Katic at half time or shortly after led to our downfall.

15 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Im sick of hearing excuses tbh, its like Warbuton all over again.

It's not an excuse mate, it's facts. I'm pissed off aswell but we were all happy just to make it to the group's. Think it's time to focus on the league, these games are just a bonus and I'm worried if we get through this group it might be a hindrance.

17 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So if we’re using that logic then we should’ve won 4-3. 

That doesn’t even make any sense. Plus I didn’t say what the score should’ve been, you introduced that weird logic. Facts remain he was at fault for three goals and manager chose to play him.

Gerrard picks the team but he has to recognise that constantly changing the back four is damaging and effecting results. Flanagan should not be anywhere near the left back position, I not sure how many times he has to prove this in order for Gerrard to get the message. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

That doesn’t even make any sense. Plus I didn’t say what the score should’ve been, you introduced that weird logic. Facts remain he was at fault for three goals and manager chose to play him.

It’s hindsight, exactly what you’re using. 

I agree it's Gerrard's fault. Just not for the reasons you've mentioned.

It's his fault for not changing the game plan and trying to defend the lead instead of continuing to press them.

Blowing a lead 3 times is unforgivable and just shows tactical naivety on his part.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's his fault for not changing the game plan and trying to defend the lead instead of continuing to press them.

Blowing a lead 3 times is unforgivable and just shows tactical naivety on his part.

Change it when it's working perfectly?

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I thought we did try to defend the lead start of second half.  Then we panicked after the quick fire goals and nobody knew what to do next.

I’m not sure sitting in and trying to defend suits us at all. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What the fuck are you talking about :lol:

I think you should just give up here mate you’ve made an arse of it.

You said Flanagan cost us 3 goals- correct. 

How do you know Halliday, Wallace or Barisic wouldn’t have also cost us 3 goals? 

So you’re using hindsight, like me because we should’ve had 4 goals bar an assistants error. 

49 minutes ago, Badger said:

An OG, huge deflection, and 2 moments of comical defending are not Gerrards fault.

A disallowed goal 2yrds onside is not Gerrards fault.

Players let him down.

A combination of bad luck, a bad decision although travelling so far is not easy. Gers have one home and  away game to come they must be strong, organised, competent.

57 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

I'm not saying there's no positive's with Gerard so far, but he's cost us the match tonight. I can't understand why he brings subs on so late, limiting any impact they could have, he keeps doing this and doesn't appear to be learning! He needs to stop chopping and changing CH's as well as its destroying any understanding between them. Gutted tonight as they were clearly there for the taking....

I’d say it was more the linesman fault , go in 4v2 up games over