Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Manager lives and dies by results , played 26 won 13 draw 9 and loss 4. He needs to stop bullshitting in these press conferences and kick some arse , the players he bought are not performing .

Probably why there are rumours of him wanting 4 players in January. 

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Gerrard didn't make goldson try to clear with the wrong foot.

Gerrard didn't flag for a dubious offside.

Gerrard didn't deflect the ball into the net.

Gerrard didn't make Candeias go to sleep for the first goal.

He is guilty of not subbing Flanagan at half time for me, and that's close to it.  He could have made a couple of subs a bit earlier when the game started to swing.

It was a close game that could have swung either way, our shambolic defending tonight was to blame and little else.

He has watched for weeks whilst we slow down and take ten passes instead of 1.

4 times tonight we had three midfileders/wingers running round one of their players who simply passed to another who was in 15 yards of space. 4 times we actually looked like an under 9 team all running to the ball.

you even saw this v hearts..... tempo fucked them second half ponderous.... play like that against Aberdeen, Livingston Motherwell and Lillie too.... he watches it doesn’t try to change it

what the fuck he is playing at rotating centrehalfs is beyond me

playing Flanagan at left back is actually a fucking fineable offense after his last showing

so for every positive there is a nagative which means we literally go into every game with the potential to win 4 nil or get beat one nil

its bizarre and frustrating to watch

1 hour ago, KyleBJK said:

I actually think that tonight he got tactics spot on. We exploited them like fuck in the first half. He can’t compensate for a full back 4 playing absolutely fuckin woeful. Maybe an arguement Flanagan shouldn’t have started and should’ve been hooked but his players let him down tonight. It was them who threw the lead away. 

Wasn't him who threw the lead away sure, but he waited until it was too late to try and change that, again. 

12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Gerrard didn't make goldson try to clear with the wrong foot.

Gerrard didn't flag for a dubious offside.

Gerrard didn't deflect the ball into the net.

Gerrard didn't make Candeias go to sleep for the first goal.

He is guilty of not subbing Flanagan at half time for me, and that's close to it.  He could have made a couple of subs a bit earlier when the game started to swing.

It was a close game that could have swung either way, our shambolic defending tonight was to blame and little else.

A woeful bench, starting Flanagan, Coulibaly as well, Arfield playing 90, subs way to late, he’s to blame for them

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

all four should be able to walk into the first team, or there's no point.

Im sure he knows that.. our budget will obviously dictate what we can bring in, but Im very confident that he knows very well that we need quality. A team can fight all it wants, and get results to an extent, but in the long run it takes a bit of quality to decide games... we dont have enough of it. You need about 4 players who can change the game. All 4 are rarely on form but at least one will, more often than not, step up. We need another 3-4 quality players....they cost money, unless our scouting department have a few gems up their sleeve. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If they’re loans from Liverpool or Mibbe even Arsenal then they can fuck off.

Im sure he knows what is required...now, but what he will be able to bring in is a different matter. Lets hope there are some unknown gems lined up. Fuck... id take Solanke as a wide attacker.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

A woeful bench, starting Flanagan, Coulibaly as well, Arfield playing 90, subs way to late, he’s to blame for them

We have a lot of injuries, flanagan is the only real option right now ( although I'd happily see Hallidy take over for a few games until Barasic is fit again)

We only have so many options in midfield mate, lot of injuries as previously stated.

The subs argument I'll give you, he often leaves subs frustratingly late.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Nor should it,  we are nowhere near that point yet.

5 points from top of league ( with game in hnd over leaders)

Still in a decent position to qualify from the group stages, and still in the Scottish cup.

All talk of him being sacked is lunacy.

He nee 2 more needs time and at least 2 more windows to build a real challenging team.

100 percent mate, said it from the very start, what have we spent? we had a few injuries tonight, spartak have spent 95 million, yes their defence was bad, ours was woeful but their attackers were very good also, SG needs time, a few windows, 4 windows imo to get us where we want to be, as i said before, were not getting instant success, we dont have the money. 

what is SG ins and outs anyway? 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We have a lot of injuries, flanagan is the only real option right now ( although I'd happily see Hallidy take over for a few games until Barasic is fit again)

We only have so many options in midfield mate, lot of injuries as previously stated.

The subs argument I'll give you, he often leaves subs frustratingly late.

Halliday and Jack