Jump to content
berkshirebear

Gerarrds Fault

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Inexperienced manager in making mistakes shocker.

That's to be expected. Making the same mistake time and time again is worrying though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Spent about 8 million in the summer IIRC.  There will be loan fees and signing bonuses to add to that though.

how much was brought in? is that counting the money brought in too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Agreed.

Is this Mcauley guy any good?

Lots of experience. Spent several seasons in the premiership and international for northern Ireland.

Might bring the bit of leadership we've been missing on the park. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sausagetrunks said:

how much was brought in? is that counting the money brought in too

Not sure tbh,  just guessing lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the goals you saw had nothing to do with the manager. Goldson own goal was an absolute joke. You just don't do that at this level. Gerrard knows he needs 3 or 4 more players over some of this lot who aren't up to it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying sack him or anything remotely close to it before anyone jumps on this post but I'm starting to have doubts about him to be honest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, keithgersbear said:

Some of the goals you saw had nothing to do with the manager. Goldson own goal was an absolute joke. You just don't do that at this level. Gerrard knows he needs 3 or 4 more players over some of this lot who aren't up to it. 

100 percent, he's new to the spfl,  his first managers job, he will sort it if backed.  was never happening in the first 5 months. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Not saying sack him or anything remotely close to it before anyone jumps on this post but I'm starting to have doubts about him to be honest.

He needs time, he will need 3 4 windows to get what he wants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sausagetrunks said:

He needs time, he will need 3 4 windows to get what he wants. 

I agree we need to give him time. But for me he is poor tactically and is struggling to get a reaction out of a struggling team. Not a good combination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Not saying sack him or anything remotely close to it before anyone jumps on this post but I'm starting to have doubts about him to be honest.

I'm the opposite actually. I think with what he is working with and to have us 5 points behind the league leaders and in the Europa league, never mind standing a chance of making the knock out stages with these players is very good. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mcauley could be the answer to steady the ship a bit. He is 35 but fit as fuck. We need a bit of experience in that team. I can see Gerrard ready to unleash him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, keithgersbear said:

I'm the opposite actually. I think with what he is working with and to have us 5 points behind the league leaders and in the Europa league, never mind standing a chance of making the knock out stages with these players is very good. 

You think being 5 points behind Hearts come November is 'very good'? That's mental to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

I'm the opposite actually. I think with what he is working with and to have us 5 points behind the league leaders and in the Europa league, never mind standing a chance of making the knock out stages with these players is very good. 

this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluenoz said:

I think Mcauley could be the answer to steady the ship a bit. He is 35 but fit as fuck. We need a bit of experience in that team. I can see Gerrard ready to unleash him.

He's 39 next month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jeffrey said:

You think being 5 points behind Hearts come November is 'very good'? That's mental to me.

In a vacuum that statement is fair.

It doesn't take any variables into consideration at all though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

I agree we need to give him time. But for me he is poor tactically and is struggling to get a reaction out of a struggling team. Not a good combination.

Been thinking this too and you are probably right. Time though, these things will come good for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Not saying sack him or anything remotely close to it before anyone jumps on this post but I'm starting to have doubts about him to be honest.

There's warning signs there and it's daft , or blind optimism too ignore them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

He's 39 next month.

Ouch !! Still fit as fuck. Ha!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gogzy said:

In a vacuum that statement is fair.

It doesn't take any variables into consideration at all though.

What variables?

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Near enough every cunt wanted Katic back in the team - started him.

Loads of cunts calling for Jack to be dropped, and Middleton to get a start in games. Done.

He can't win. Genuinely amazes me there is anyone calling for him to be sacked.

Name one person who wants him sacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

I agree we need to give him time. But for me he is poor tactically and is struggling to get a reaction out of a struggling team. Not a good combination.

the amount of errors in that backline tonight was fuck all to do with him,  we dont have enough quality, we dont have the money, i think he knows what he wants and will get their. he needs to be backed to buy some quality, he knows what the spl is like now. tonight the defence fucked him over, the 4th goal counts, its a different game.  weve spent about 8 million, the rest loans and free, its not going to come on that budget overnight, it will take a bit of time and imo he will get it right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Near enough every cunt wanted Katic back in the team - started him.

Loads of cunts calling for Jack to be dropped, and Middleton to get a start in games. Done.

He can't win. Genuinely amazes me there is anyone calling for him to be sacked.

Who is actually saying that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jeffrey said:

You think being 5 points behind Hearts come November is 'very good'? That's mental to me.

Yes, who honestly thought these players would be good enough to compete for the league? I can't believe he has us this far in the Europa league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sausagetrunks said:

the amount of errors in that backline tonight was fuck all to do with him,  we dont have enough quality, we dont have the money, i think he knows what he wants and will get their. he needs to be backed to buy some quality, he knows what the spl is like now. tonight the defence fucked him over, the 4th goal counts, its a different game.  weve spent about 8 million, the rest loans and free, its not going to come on that budget overnight, it will take a bit of time and imo he will get it right. 

We outspent ever team in the country put together in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, keithgersbear said:

Yes, who honestly thought these players would be good enough to compete for the league? I can't believe he has us this far in the Europa league. 

Genuinely stunned and very embarrassed that any Rangers fan would say being 5 points behind Hearts and in 3rd place in November is very good.

That's ridiculous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×