Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

If you're a big club who wants to be successful Europe is going to be a factor, it's not an excuse for me.

The manager point is valid to an extent and your last line is a fair comment. Might be overreacting because I'm still fuming about that tonight but I don't have much confidence in this team/manager still being in a title race come January.

I understand the frustrations tonight, but the fact we are even in a position to be fuming at losing 4-3 away to a team worth over 90 million quid away from home in Russia should give you confidence that we are moving in the right direction.

Under pedro, with our previous team could you even have imagined being in this position?

We have came on leaps and bounds, we are a MUCH better team than we were.  We have hit a bad run of form but that was out first loss in European football this year and it's November. Rangers managers with much better experience have struggled to come anywhere close to that form.

Yes our league form is struggling because of it, but I wouldn't swap being 5 points higher up the table in November for the European journey we have had so far.

Just now, keithgersbear said:

Why? 2nd or 3rd is just about right for this squad. We aren't a brilliant team. We are an OK hard working side but that's about it. That's why teams like Aberdeen or Hearts can beat us in big domestic cup games, never mind taking a hiding off the scum every single time we play them. We don't even compete against them when we play them. It's so bad against them we practically start the season 12 points behind them.

Are you on drugs?

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I thought we spent 9m and he cost 7m. Anyway if I've got that wrong whatever, as I said in relative terms we still spent a fortune.

You're happy Rangers are 5 points behind Hearts and you're saying that to me ?

Yes fair point but you need to take our wages into the equation when talking about the 5 point gap with us and Hearts

Are the Rangers players miles better than the Hearts players or Hibernian players? I say no. Otherwise we would be beating them more consistently than we do and wouldn't get such results as we see consistently in the domestic cup games against these sides. 

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

Why? 2nd or 3rd is just about right for this squad. We aren't a brilliant team. We are an OK hard working side but that's about it. That's why teams like Aberdeen or Hearts can beat us in big domestic cup games, never mind taking a hiding off the scum every single time we play them. We don't even compete against them when we play them. It's so bad against them we practically start the season 12 points behind them.

Aye fair do's actually. I just can't help being positive every year and believing we can do it. It's better than not believing.

51 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Gerrard didn't make goldson try to clear with the wrong foot.

Gerrard didn't flag for a dubious offside.

Gerrard didn't deflect the ball into the net.

Gerrard didn't make Candeias go to sleep for the first goal.

He is guilty of not subbing Flanagan at half time for me, and that's close to it.  He could have made a couple of subs a bit earlier when the game started to swing.

It was a close game that could have swung either way, our shambolic defending tonight was to blame and little else.

Shows how weak the bench was that you were even an option, Gogzy.

2 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

I'm not saying there's no positive's with Gerard so far, but he's cost us the match tonight. I can't understand why he brings subs on so late, limiting any impact they could have, he keeps doing this and doesn't appear to be learning! He needs to stop chopping and changing CH's as well as its destroying any understanding between them. Gutted tonight as they were clearly there for the taking....

Piss off just piss off,is it his fault Morelos goal offside?his fault Goldson kicks ball in his goal?

what would you of done different?

morelos goal gets allowed then it’s game over tbh.

I expected a strong challenge but ultimately no.

im hoping we can hang on to their coattails until jan, then add a few players,  tbh i didnt really expect to win tonight but the way we lost, was fucking shocking. the defending was really really poor, we should've at least took a point away from tonights game.  im more raging we threw them points away.  spartak might be in a bad place atm but they cunts have a budget we can dream off and they where still a very solid attacking threat altho we gifted them 3 goals with schoolboy defending. imo is out of SG control. im positive SG will git it right in time and have us challenging  .

Are you on drugs?

The part you put in bold is spot on.

The tarriers have a more expensive, more settled squad.

Hearts are in this position ( along with Killie etc) because they are only having to play one game a week, I fully expect Killie and Hearts to fall away and us to be in 2nd spot ( first if a miracle happens) come the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I understand the frustrations tonight, but the fact we are even in a position to be fuming at losing 4-3 away to a team worth over 90 million quid away from home in Russia should give you confidence that we are moving in the right direction.

Under pedro, with our previous team could you even have imagined being in this position?

We have came on leaps and bounds, we are a MUCH better team than we were.  We have hit a bad run of form but that was out first loss in European football this year and it's November. Rangers managers with much better experience have struggled to come anywhere close to that form.

Yes our league form is struggling because of it, but I wouldn't swap being 5 points higher up the table in November for the European journey we have had so far.

3rd in the table? Yeah probably. 

Are the Rangers players miles better than the Hearts players or Hibernian players? I say no. Otherwise we would be beating them more consistently than we do and wouldn't get such results as we see consistently in the domestic cup games against these sides. 

If we have spent close to 10m on the squad and aren't better than Hibs and Hearts we need to sack every single person who has any say in recruitment.

Are you on drugs?

I'm a realist. I want Rangers to win the league. I want Rangers to be competitive, I want us to win trophies. But face the reality, we haven't won a pot since returning to the highest level in Scottish football. So why should I be expecting a big title push or think 2nd is nailed on. Am I confident we will finish 2nd this season ahead of say Hibernian or Hearts? No. 

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Did anyone even expect us to be in the Europa league?

some people need brought back down to earth

Just now, gogzy said:

The part you put in bold is spot on.

The tarriers have a more expensive, more settled squad.

Hearts are in this position ( along with Killie etc) because they are only having to play one game a week, I fully expect Killie and Hearts to fall away and us to be in 2nd spot ( first if a miracle happens) come the end of the season.

Excuses mate. hearts are in that position because they have been better than us. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

I'm a realist. I want Rangers to win the league. I want Rangers to be competitive, I want us to win trophies. But face the reality, we haven't won a pot since returning to the highest level in Scottish football. So why should I be expecting a big title push or think 2nd is nailed on. Am I confident we will finish 2nd this season ahead of say Hibernian or Hearts? No. 

Fuck sake.

3rd in the table? Yeah probably. 

If we have spent close to 10m on the squad and aren't better than Hibs and Hearts we need to sack every single person who has any say in recruitment.

They might be better but are they miles better? The scum's players are miles better than any other team in the country, certainly in terms of squad depth. I can not say we are miles better than Hearts or Hibernian. I haven't seen the evidence displayed on the pitch which shows me that. 

Excuses mate. hearts are in that position because they have been better than us. Simple as that.

Maybe more consistent, but not better.

They are also in that position because us and the tarriers are playing in Europe most midweeks.  If you refuse to take that into consideration then you're a fool.

They might be better but are they miles better? The scum's players are miles better than any other team in the country, certainly in terms of squad depth. I can not say we are miles better than Hearts or Hibernian. I haven't seen the evidence displayed on the pitch which shows me that. 

Well who's fault is that? How much did Hibs and Hearts squads cost compared to ours?