Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

Just now, gogzy said:

Maybe more consistent, but not better.

They are also in that position because us and the tarriers are playing in Europe most midweeks.  If you refuse to take that into consideration then you're a fool.

Fuck up ya spastic, you know nothing about football and everyone on here knows that.

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

We built a new defence,  that's not working out so great 

It was working... it isnt now.. either "it" was playing out its skin or "its" going through a rough patch. Defences are reliant on whats in front of them.. if you have four midfielders defending in front of the defence, do you think that makes a difference? And... would you want us to set up that way? 

2 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Was until Gerrard started fucking about with it 

Thats fine, but we are playing a serious amount of games.. if we dont rotate then we get a very tired team... we have already seen a tired team and when we do???? "We need to play the best 11". He cannot win.

12 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

He signed 7 of the players who started tonight and gave another his debut. It's his team.

Its his team for sure and they are nowhere near good enough to win the league. They can come 2nd and I reckon they will, to win the league though he will need to add quality and we aint got the money to add enough of it in one go. Its gonna have to be gradual im afraid and might even take another couple of transfer widows, maybe more. Not what we want but that's they it is.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

It was working... it isnt now.. either "it" was playing out its skin or "its" going through a rough patch. Defences are reliant on whats in front of them.. if you have four midfielders defending in front of the defence, do you think that makes a difference? And... would you want us to set up that way? 

I just assumed building a defence was easy as u said it was cheaper and easier too build a team too stop teams playing football

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Well who's fault is that? How much did Hibs and Hearts squads cost compared to ours?

Hibernian actually won the Scottish cup not long ago, we can't even win the league cup. We haven't won anything meaningful since 2011! The attitude of some on here with managers is ridiculous as if the manager is going to be able to produce magic from his arse to be able to make the current players compete for the league when they will do well to finish 2nd this season.

2 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

No Surrender.

Seems, though, that people HAVE surrendered and have deemed the team "shite" and "not good enough" and that Gerrard "doesnt know what he is doing". I know... they arent above criticism, but some of the things that are being said are simply crazy. We are in the group stages of the fucking Europa League ( a SINGLE point from the leaders). People seem to forget very quicky where we were... More experienced managers with a helluva lot more resources have faired a lot worse that we are just now.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

tonight was a race to see who could defend the worst, result says all.

Wouldn’t set to much stall on it for the rest of the season, SG is fully aware of the consequences for mediocrity.

What are they? Be hero worshipped and called a legend? Because that's what happened to him off the back of years of mediocrity with Liverpool and England. And yes I know he won the champions league once, before someone brings it up. He has the same amount of champions league medals as Paul Lambert. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Thats fine, but we are playing a serious amount of games.. if we dont rotate then we get a very tired team... we have already seen a tired team and when we do???? "We need to play the best 11". He cannot win.

Think we've played 26 games already this season and it's a few days after bonfire night. Last season we played our 26th game of the season two days after Xmas. Rotation is absolutely necessary.

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I just assumed building a defence was easy as u said it was cheaper and easier too build a team too stop teams playing football

Its not what I said, though, was it? I said its a lot easier to build a team that is set up to defend and purely stop the other team (by not being ambitious at all) than it is to build a team that needs to break down teams that defend with all players around their box. It isnt the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Nor would I but player for player we are far, far stronger than them. 

More depth maybe and better individuals but you know Hibs players would leave everything they had out there and give the best of themselves. For the 3rd season in a row I'm still not certain our players do themselves justice. And that's the ones who can actually play, we're still carrying guys who offer nothing. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Think we've played 26 games already this season and it's a few days after bonfire night. Last season we played our 26th game of the season two days after Xmas. Rotation is absolutely necessary.

Of course it is... and rotation starts from the beginning.....not when the players are fucked.

18 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Are the Rangers players miles better than the Hearts players or Hibernian players? I say no. Otherwise we would be beating them more consistently than we do and wouldn't get such results as we see consistently in the domestic cup games against these sides. 

:lol: 

12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Maybe more consistent, but not better.

They are also in that position because us and the tarriers are playing in Europe most midweeks.  If you refuse to take that into consideration then you're a fool.

Tarriers romped the league two years in a row while in Europe.