Rotating your centre backs

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a player (Katic) go from looking like an awesome signing that would make us a shedload of money when he left for a top team somewhere in Europe, to a player that would look out of place in a pub team because he is that shit. 

Goldson & Worral aren’t  much better. 

It's been since Katic was out injured. 

It's not like JWs came in and gave Gerrard a headache, Worralls been pretty shite.

Goldson is an accident waiting to happen. Solid for 90% of most games but just goes too shit too often, starting to give me the fear.

Katic needs to get back to the player he was at the start of the season.

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agree.

Goldsons OG was a complete embarrassment.

To call it a schoolboy error would be offensive to Schoolboys.

Thing that bugged me about it was the attacker behind him was offside

all stemmed from poor defending before that

put pressure on him which made him panic

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

If it's easy to do why do you not see any other club do it? It's the most important partnership on the field and we are dicking around with it.

CBs are in and out all the time for various clubs for various reasons. You need to be able to handle not playing for a few games for whatever reason. Good players can.

It's no excuse for the shite Katic served up today and against Hamilton either. 

Just now, Inigo said:

CBs are in and out all the time for various clubs for various reasons. You need to be able to handle not playing for a few games for whatever reason. Good players can.

It's no excuse for the shite Katic served up today and against Hamilton either. 

They're not though. It's extremely rare.

No it's not an excuse but it's clearly dented his confidence.

1 minute ago, RobertN said:

Thing that bugged me about it was the attacker behind him was offside

all stemmed from poor defending before that

put pressure on him which made him panic

A 3 milliom pound player who can’t kick with his left foot.

That is absolutely embarrassing from any player.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

They're not though. It's extremely rare.

No it's not an excuse but it's clearly dented his confidence.

No doubt, he was a solid figure through the qualifying marathon in Europe from early July yet found himself almost immediately dropped for a loan player who came in at the last minute in the transfer window 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Well he's weak then. If you can't react well to a few games out it doesn't bode well.

He's a young boy who was playing very well after making a massive move in his career but was then dropped for no reason. Might be a bit soft but I can understand being frustrated/having your confidence knocked by it.

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

He's a young boy who was playing very well after making a massive move in his career but was then dropped for no reason. Might be a bit soft but I can understand being frustrated/having your confidence knocked by it.

He's 22. Cunt needs to man up.

48 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

There's a reason you don't see managers doing this. We've went from having a rock solid partnership in Goldson and Katic to not having a single capable defender between the 3 who are all getting game time. Pick 2 and stick with it.

Absolutely ridiculous management.

Spot on 

Goldson has had two poor games for us ffs no idea why he’s getting some amount of stick in this thrra.  

Katic has to be mentally stronger when coming back into the fold. 

Worrall isn’t good enough. 

But I agree with the whole point. Pick 2 and use the other 2 for cup games, injuries and suspensions. You can’t keep changing it every 4-5 games. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Goldson has had two poor games for us ffs no idea why he’s getting some amount of stick in this thrra.  

Katic has to be mentally stronger when coming back into the fold. 

Worrall isn’t good enough. 

But I agree with the whole point. Pick 2 and use the other 2 for cup games, injuries and suspensions. You can’t keep changing it every 4-5 games. 

Goldson was shite in this game, that's why I'm giving him stick.

Been good most of the season, and not as bad recently as made out. 100% deserves the stocks tonight though.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Goldson was shite in this game, that's why I'm giving him stick.

Been good most of the season, and not as bad recently as made out. 100% deserves the stocks tonight though.

Aye the two games I mentioned was meaning tonight and Motherwell away. Other than that he’s been literally faultless. The stick he gets is unreal at times. 

Just now, superallysbears said:

Katic was absolutely shite tonight and iv got a feeling he's run his race for us now, worrel is better but only slightly, so much for sorting out the defense, hopefully mcauley can step in and do us a turn. 

It was sorted though before we started chopping and changing it.

I’d honestly consider leaving Katic & Worrall out for McAuley for a bit.

They are both a bit up and down form wise and Goldson, despite being brought in to be to the leader at the back, is also looking a bit ropey too. He’s never been the same since that stinker he had at Motherwell and I think part of that is partly why Katic & Worrall have been poor too.

Bringing the experience of McAuley into the team for a few weeks to act as the calming influence on Goldson and help him settle down a bit and get some confidence back wouldn’t be the worst move in the world IMO.

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye the two games I mentioned was meaning tonight and Motherwell away. Other than that he’s been literally faultless. The stick he gets is unreal at times. 

Tonight was his worst game and he will get slated for that performance. But he's still our best CB and that type of performance had been rare from him. 

Katic is now the big worry for me now. He looked a star at the start of the season but since being dropped he's lost all confidence. Nervous and all over the place.