Perspective

BlueMe

Just now, Jeffrey said:

3 years later we're still behind Hearts in the league, what's your point?

Exactly this isn’t exactly like we are flying domestically. We have been piss poor and chucked out a cup by a woeful aberdeen side. Our European results were the only real saving grace but now even those are beginning to crack.

If we are going to keep saying “oh look where we once were” for much longer then that smacks of a small club mentality to me. We should be challenging for trophies right now and we quite clearly don’t look capable of doing that. 

Here's perspective.

Our last 5 games have went Draw, Loss, Draw, Win, Loss.

The only win coming against a very poor ST Mirren team.

We're on a very poor run of form and there are glaring weaknesses all over the team. So glaring that us the fans can see them but the manager can't.

Worrying times right now and hopefully it improves but that's perspective.

The reality is we can be sublime or rank rotten. We're inconsistent. We struggle to have only one or two off the pace, its normally none or 8/9.

Our manager gives little chance of consistency for to chop change team selection. He also fails to gave enough positive impact on game before it's too late, or quickly enough after it's turned too late.

We've no leaders. Our squad is not strong enough though on our day our starting 11, if all fit, would give any team in scotland or the EL a game.

Well definitely not win the league, I doubt we'll go through EL

That's reality and perspective.

It’s like watching Prime Minsters Questions, yes we are shit but look at the mess the last lot made of it. 

So shut the fuck up and be grateful we are just slightly better. 

And that’s after 5 years of trying to get it right. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Are we going to get a “perspective” thread every time we lose a game or have a bad result? 

In terms of the bigger picture I think we are going in the right direction but there still comes a point where we stop using where we have been as a justification for a poor performance.

I'm not using where we've been as justification at all, only reminding people that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Some of our fans want instant success, that's not how it works.