The League

Realistically we will be fighting for second and very lucky to get a cup, hate too think about OF games.

Europe was a flattering distraction, now that looks over.

We are not a team with any cohesion, no understanding between players, not enough magic, our ability to actually control a game is zilch, we still haven’t learned how to get in behind a stubborn defence and I doubt we have the players to do it.

Our boss is still wet behind the ears as a manager 

I would love too think the boss can get things right but I honestly can’t see it happening this season.

We will most certainly drop more points before Christmas.

We don't have any stand out players apart from Morelos and McGregor. The rest are bang average. We need to strengthen at New Year and next Summer to have any chance of doing anything in the league next year.

8 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Realistically we will be fighting for second and very lucky to get a cup, hate too think about OF games.

We are not a team with any cohesion, no understanding between players, not enough magic, our ability to actually control a game is zilch, we still haven’t learned how to get in behind a stubborn defence and I doubt we have the players to do it.

I would love too think the boss can get things right but I honestly can’t see it happening this season.

If experience tells us anything it’s that you can’t buy quality in January on the cheap. I’d like to think we’ll be a lot better position come the summer after 3 windows. Was never gonna happen after 1 window

10 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

always said this,  even if it wasnt SG in, we aint getting instant success, we dont have the money for it, 

19 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Honestly he needs at least another 3 transfer windows and money to go along with them. 

One formation and tactic will be his downfall. Three times in the first half we were leading but the game was played at a pace dictated by the Russians. As soon as they took the lead they closed the space and it was game over. At half time he had an opportunity to shore up the midfield by bring one of the front three off and try and control the pace. But no we came out like a bunch of amateurs throwing bodies forward like we are chasing the game.

Get this thread to fuck we have done well so far and only had one window to build a team. Give me one manager who has got a whole new team in one window without ridiculous money to spend and got instant success. Everything takes time.

Just now, MrMckee said:

Get this thread to fuck we have done well so far and only had one window to build a team. Give me one manager who has got a whole new team in one window without ridiculous money to spend and got instant success. Everything takes time.

Mark Warburton, there.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

December will be tough

Season defining. Before that anything other than 6 points at home to Motherwell and Livi is an absolute must.

I guess the way I'm trying to look at December is, generally speaking we find it hard to break down stubborn, defensive minded teams. However most teams we will face in December will come at us so it should help us going forward. Whether our defence can hold up though will be another matter. We have to eradicate stupid, sloppy, unnecessary defensive errors to have any chance.

If we can beat Motherwell and then Livi followed by an away win at Hearts it would set us up very nicely. Certainly going to be tough though..........

7 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

4 points behind the nappy rippers and 1 point behind in Europa League, Scottish cup doesn't start till after new year, woe is me.

Aye, the table shows it tight but we are not consistent enough for the long run, especially on our present form.

Just now, CoopsLaud said:

Neither europe or the league are done yet so staying positive.

Europe was a bonus that hardly anybody expected in June. But no getting away from the fact that we should have got at least a draw tonight and Could still qualify. But the league is more important and i.m sad to say i just dont see it happening this season. But it is still possible so i still cling to some Hope. But some improvement is urgently required. Or any remote chance will be gone.