Jump to content
RDB14

Gerrard post Spartak reaction

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Wit story does that tell? It’s like somecunts just used microsoft paint and scribbled over a green background.

My 10 year-old great-grandson got it straight away, and they are desperate stats, especially down the right hand side 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s not about respect as a manager, he deserves their respect for what he has achieved in the game. You don’t lose that because he has moved into management, that would be ridiculous. 

It’s about who is the Boss, Stevie is the Boss end of, you don’t like what he has to say to you or about you after a horror show then you can leave it’s that simple. They want to stay then grow a thicker skin and get their finger oot their arse and play better.

I think it’s great that he tells it exactly how us the fans see it, it shows that even though he’s the manager he’s also a football fan first and foremost and he wants to see the game played properly. 

The days of players dictating to a manager at Rangers are over or they better be because if they aren’t we are fucked as a club. 

He still deserves respect for what he did in the game of course, he was world class. It just seems like what he did in the game has meant that he's got this aura around him where you're an arsehole if you criticise Gerrard, that goes for the fans more than the players but can only imagine it goes both ways.

I agree the players should never be dictating to a manager, 100%, the manager has the final say and deserves a certain level of respect, far more than Warburton/Murty/Pedro got anyway. What I don't agree with is the public shaming of players which has been going on for weeks now, as a 1 off or for something like a horrible tackle or for getting into a fight, aye it makes sense to do it but not for somebody having a bad game, Goldson is the perfect example last night.

Say what you want behind closed doors, I fucking hope he tore them apart last night for that showing but what does the part about u12s learn to clear the ball do to help anything? Everybody knew he fucked up with that mistake, he knew he'd fucked up with it but it's been his first properly bad game I'd say in a Rangers shirt.

EDIT - As a follow on from this, just seen his presser from today and he seems to have calmed down alot & completley agree with everything he's said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Aged so much in the short time he's been here.

Very hunched as well obviously a weight on his shoulders now 

Strange game really we went into it thin on the ground up front and yet ended up with 3 goals. I'm beginning to wish we didn't have 2 midfield players in Gerrard and McAllister in the dug out perhaps a former defender would have a better chance of sorting them out at the back because that really is where our problems lie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, backup said:

My 10 year-old great-grandson got it straight away, and they are desperate stats, especially down the right hand side 👍

Sounds as big a throbber as his great Granda.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Very hunched as well obviously a weight on his shoulders now 

Strange game really we went into it thin on the ground up front and yet ended up with 3 goals. I'm beginning to wish we didn't have 2 midfield players in Gerrard and McAllister in the dug out perhaps a former defender would have a better chance of sorting them out at the back because that really is where our problems lie 

We scored 4 bona fide goals in the first half from our play and still made ourselves a laughing stock and the manager has to take the blame, misjudgement of the overall lineup and subs have been Gerrards failings all season, you could forgive that at the start of the season, but now this squad has been together for almost 5 months now and yet he keeps making weird selections with players who aren't good enough or on form, taking the shine from all the good work he has done and creating doubt going into the next game.

Dropping Worrel for Katic last night and pairing him with Flanagan was a disaster waiting to happen and it did, both players are slow and cumbersome with Katic being inexperienced too and on the other flank we had the ever present sight of players this season cueing up to score with Tav nowhere to be seen.

Gerrard hasn't got much options but he has to use them better to get a settled side, we may see McAuly coming in and talk of Davis coming back in January is a sure sign that Gerrard knows he needs experience at a price we can afford, I believe Gerrard is going in the right direction but I also think he needs to have a good look at himself before slamming players he alone has picked.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Sounds as big a throbber as his great Granda.

As you obviously never had a big throbber, how could you, you being a castrato.. your attempt is as laughable....almost..🤐 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

We scored 4 bona fide goals in the first half from our play and still made ourselves a laughing stock and the manager has to take the blame, misjudgement of the overall lineup and subs have been Gerrards failings all season, you could forgive that at the start of the season, but now this squad has been together for almost 5 months now and yet he keeps making weird selections with players who aren't good enough or on form, taking the shine from all the good work he has done and creating doubt going into the next game.

Dropping Worrel for Katic last night and pairing him with Flanagan was a disaster waiting to happen and it did, both players are slow and cumbersome with Katic being inexperienced too and on the other flank we had the ever present sight of players this season cueing up to score with Tav nowhere to be seen.

Gerrard hasn't got much options but he has to use them better to get a settled side, we may see McAuly coming in and talk of Davis coming back in January is a sure sign that Gerrard knows he needs experience at a price we can afford, I believe Gerrard is going in the right direction but I also think he needs to have a good look at himself before slamming players he alone has picked.

What is concerning is after an initial bounce which can perhaps be put down to the players being thrilled to share the dressing room with a legend the team now seems to be on the slide so it's probably stating the obvious that he has to learn quickly and cut out the glaring errors

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

What is concerning is after an initial bounce which can perhaps be put down to the players being thrilled to share the dressing room with a legend the team now seems to be on the slide so it's probably stating the obvious that he has to learn quickly and cut of the glaring errors

He has a young inexperienced pairing at both CB and midfield who have to play in Europe against really good experienced teams and also dropping in an inexperienced teenager last night, its a hard ask and taking those considerations its amazing what we have achieved and like you said, he badly needs to cut out his errors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

He wont need to compare them to 12-13 year olds if they actually do what they are supposed to and defend, a trait sorely missing from last night and the kind of performance you would expect from an unders team

I don't disagree with what he's said. I just think that sort of criticism is better kept behind closed doors.

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They're grown men ffs :lol:

Grown men or not, being thrown under the bus like that in a post match interview or press conference is more likely to have a negative effect than a positive one imo. He's slaughtered the players in public a couple of times now in the hope of getting a reaction and so far it's not working.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, backup said:

tells a story.

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 11.30.48.png

Never mind how much they've attacked our left hand side. Look how many of our passes are either sideways or backwards :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, backup said:

As you obviously never had a big throbber, how could you, you being a castrato.. your attempt is as laughable....almost..🤐 

Pervert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, backup said:

As you obviously never had a big throbber, how could you, you being a castrato.. your attempt is as laughable....almost..🤐 

Be quiet old man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This last few weeks the manager has publicly criticised the players. It might work but I highly doubt it,  Goldson had an absolute stinker of a game and you could see he knew it. That comment should’ve been kept in the changing room.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

He still deserves respect for what he did in the game of course, he was world class. It just seems like what he did in the game has meant that he's got this aura around him where you're an arsehole if you criticise Gerrard, that goes for the fans more than the players but can only imagine it goes both ways.

I agree the players should never be dictating to a manager, 100%, the manager has the final say and deserves a certain level of respect, far more than Warburton/Murty/Pedro got anyway. What I don't agree with is the public shaming of players which has been going on for weeks now, as a 1 off or for something like a horrible tackle or for getting into a fight, aye it makes sense to do it but not for somebody having a bad game, Goldson is the perfect example last night.

Say what you want behind closed doors, I fucking hope he tore them apart last night for that showing but what does the part about u12s learn to clear the ball do to help anything? Everybody knew he fucked up with that mistake, he knew he'd fucked up with it but it's been his first properly bad game I'd say in a Rangers shirt.

EDIT - As a follow on from this, just seen his presser from today and he seems to have calmed down alot & completley agree with everything he's said.

Majority of the greats protect the players. He hasn’t yet done that. He’s started to in an interview only to do a full 360 and blame them. Slowly but surely he will alienate some players. 

He needs to put what he done as a player to one side and prove he can cut as a gaffer. Get us back to where we should be.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Never mind how much they've attacked our left hand side. Look how many of our passes are either sideways or backwards :lol:

We’re too slow back to front, back four play it Square or back to keeper, Ejaria and Coulibaly take too long on the ball, we play best when we’re shifting the ball quickly down the wings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×