Qualification From the Group Stage

Inigo

The achievement of qualifying for the Europa league group stages and then the first two games in the group stage has raised expectations to a level I think in reality was always going to be difficult to maintain however the last two games were winnable and we blew it so we've still exceeded expectations in Europe IMO but I suspect we've blown a chance to progress even further.

7 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Christ even that chance from Arfield right at the death away to Villarreal could bite us in the arse as well. You just know it’s not going our way in the next two games.

That's a load of pish, it's like the "should have passed to Dodoo" patter.

If my auntie had bollocks she would my uncle

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

The achievement of qualifying for the Europa league group stages and then the first two games in the group stage has raised expectations to a level I think in reality was always going to be difficult to maintain however the last two games were winnable and we blew it so we've still exceeded expectations in Europe IMO but I suspect we've blown a chance to progress even further.

I agree, but i’m a fuck up for saying it a bit less eloquently apparently. ?

For  our first return to Europe proper then I think we have overachieved we could still go through but I think tonight's result has taken the wind out our sails, we have defended poorly tonight Goldson has had his worst performance in a Rangers shirt but we still scored 3 away from home should have been 4.

Middleton getting his goal was positive but defending and ejaria in the middle of the park were the low points tonight.

How Gerrard approaches the last 2 games is anyone's guess, we have to go for it against Villarreal if we can take our chances and defend better then who knows what's achievable.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

That's a load of pish, it's like the "should have passed to Dodoo" patter.

If my auntie had bollocks she would my uncle

What if she just identified as your uncle though?

See, life's so much more complicated now.

We’re a team that’s just been put together in the last few months. We’re still in the hunt but it will be tough. I never thought we’d be in this position at start of SG’s tenure. Optimistic and realistic at the same time. Can only be good ahead for us after this. Huge learning curve for the young lads on the team. Must admit it’s brought major excitement back after the shite we’ve gone through but at first time of asking we have done well. 

Spartak were there for the taking twice and we could/should be qualified already. Even if we took 4 points from them they would effectively be out and we'd be 4 clear of Rapid with 2 games to play.

Instead we took a single point from 2 games against Spartak that were, in hindsight, very winnable games so I think we've fucked it.

13 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Villareal £176.5M

Spartak Moscow £94M

Rangers £ 34.9M

Rapid wien £30.6M

Group positions tie up with squad value. We are competing well if that is taken into consideration. Just a stat for anyone interested.

Well that seems to be the way things work in modern football right enough. The thing is though if we could have defended properly tonight we could have made all that irrelevant.

15 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Villareal £176.5M

Spartak Moscow £94M

Rangers £ 34.9M

Rapid wien £30.6M

Group positions tie up with squad value. We are competing well if that is taken into consideration. Just a stat for anyone interested.

What the fark? Our team cost £35m?