Qualification From the Group Stage

Inigo

Don’t see why we can get 4 points.  We e dominated our home games and we’ve normally been very hard to break down away from home.

vienna will be decent at home and I’d like to say we’re more than capable of drawing. With our ibrox crowd the players can get a massive push and beat Villarreal.

most of this forum had us out before the last qualifier and they’ve gone beyond expectations so far.  I think we’ll sneak out the group which all things considered would be a massive achievement 

I think we’ll win both remaining games.

Our Ibrox form has been good and we outplayed Spartak but just couldn’t score. Villarreal will be more expansive and if we get back to Jack protecting the back four we can beat them. The Vienna game will be very tense but I can’t help thinking about the away game to Villarreal. Anything close to that and we’ll win.

The key is Morelos. He’s a lion in Europe and we need him, preferably with Kent back, for both matches.

I’d settle for four points but I actually fancy us for six.

:UK:

34 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We have already way over achieved in Europe this season, and made a few extra quid which wasn't budgeted for.

Europe has been a huge success.

It's only my opinion, but I now think the European exertions have caught up with us in our domestic campaign.

We have played double the amount of games most teams in the league have this season, and it's now taking it's toll.

If we qualify from the group, then great.

If we don't, well... meh.

Getting 3 points on Sunday v Motherwell is way more important.

Yeah , as much as it has been disappointing , after such a positive opening two games , we've done better than anyone expected at the start of the season , and even if we don't make it , we should be happy we've more than held our ground against some CL teams . 

Also agree that it's no coincidence our domestic form has dropped recently and that should be our main target this season . 

46 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We have already way over achieved in Europe this season, and made a few extra quid which wasn't budgeted for.

It's only my opinion, but I now think the European exertions have caught up with us in our domestic campaign.

We have played double the amount of games most teams in the league have this season, and it's now taking it's toll.

How many games have the peados played this season, doesn’t seem to be taking its toll on them.

Hear this said a lot but I dont buy it, we’re just not good enough, yet.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We play 3 of the 5 big league games at home, where we haven’t lost yet...

No idea where cunts are getting the it’ll be done by Christmas line

This forum is utterly bipolar, a couple of decent results and we're winning the league, a couple of poor results and all of a sudden the league is over by Christmas :lol:

Fucking ridiculous

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Good post.

I think Sunday will be a struggle for three points.

Hope I'm wrong.

17 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

So so frustrating we've ended up with one point out of that double header vs spartak. Deserved much more. 

It is frustrating but don't really agree that we deserved any more. In the first game we hardly made a chance and in the second a defensive display of that ineptitude will always be punished by a half decent team. And half decent is all they were. Really hope im wrong but can see us getting one point from the next two games. I have no confidence in us not conceding against anyone now.

Lots of doom and gloom in this thread, which is natural following a defeat, but I will ask the question of were we going to win the Europa League?

The answer is no, we were bound to get knocked out sometime.

Who amongst us would have said we would be here, way back in July, after last season's debacle.?  We have come further in this competition than the the most ardent optimist could have predicted.

One defeat in 12 games with 2 games still to play, in my mind, is an achievement.  Indeed, whatever happens in those 2 games, we have exceeded all expectations.

Plus, we have made a lot of money out of it.

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

Lots of doom and gloom in this thread, which is natural following a defeat, but I will ask the question of were we going to win the Europa League?

The answer is no, we were bound to get knocked out sometime.

Who amongst us would have said we would be here, way back in July, after last season's debacle.?  We have come further in this competition than the the most ardent optimist could have predicted.

One defeat in 12 games with 2 games still to play, in my mind, is an achievement.  Indeed, whatever happens in those 2 games, we have exceeded all expectations.

Plus, we have made a lot of money out of it.

No one is expecting us to win the thing but to only get a point out of six against a Spartak team in near crisis mode is criminal.