Lack of winners?

Amac9

18 minutes ago, ben51 said:

For me, our glaring issue is our lack of quality in the midfield. 

A decent midfield takes the sting out the game for 10-15 minutes after we take the lead. Instead it's just constant bombardment until eventually they score.

1 hour ago, Amac9 said:

It's clear we suffer from a serious lack of genuine quality but I think the lack of winners in the squad plays a part.

Out with Allan McGregor and Kyle Lafferty (comes with his own baggage) we don't have anyone who has been there and done it. 

Our squad is made up of young loan players and journeymen who drift from club to club.

Spot on about the squad , apart from at the start of the season Katic who I thought would leave for at least 8 million , Greegs, kinda laff and yet to see grezda ,every other player is here for a negative reason , mainly can’t get a game for the clubs they’ve came from 

34 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Kent

Ejaria

Coulibaly

Sadiq

Worral

Thats 5 and they all started v Aberdeen. Shouldn’t have that many loan players in the squad let alone a starting XI if you want to build a team.

I missed out Coulibaly. Even with 5 of them starting, the other 6 aren't journeymen.

57 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Mate it’s fucking hilarious 

a premiership club put money into a player and send him out on loan for development, doesn’t make the grade at said club and moves on and he’s a fucking journeyman 

cunts are fucking brain dead

Not with Worrall they didn't. Forest aren't in the Premier League and they didn't spend any money on him.

12 minutes ago, kanjo said:

We have a decent team which lacks a genuine and credible leader.  Tavernier is inconsistent and not a captain. 

Disagree, we are a bog standard middle of the table spl team with journeymen and loan players

hence the defeats by shite like Aberdeen, Livingston and shipping 3 goals to a pathetic Motherwell side, failing to beat a spartak

side who had 7 men missing from the ibrox game, can't buy a win at home and score 4 against us

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Not with Worrall they didn't. Forest aren't in the Premier League and they didn't spend any money on him.

He’s fucking 21 years old

last year captained his country and won the toulon tournament and was voted 2nd best player at the tournament 

played 52 times for forest and has had 2 spells on loan

youre a fcking mongo mate

6 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

He’s fucking 21 years old

last year captained his country and won the toulon tournament and was voted 2nd best player at the tournament 

played 52 times for forest and has had 2 spells on loan

youre a fcking mongo mate

You don't know what my point is. I'm the one who replied to you and brought up the fact that Worrall being called a journeyman is stupid.

You then said a "premiership club" had "spent money him". I replied to say that isn't the case with Worrall, and now you're bringing up irrelevant points and calling me a mongo.

Calm down and learn to read.

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

You don't know what my point is. I'm the one who replied to you and brought up the fact that Worrall being called a journeyman is stupid.

You then said a "premiership club" had "spent money him". I replied to say that isn't the case with Worrall, and now you're bringing up irrelevant points and calling me a mongo.

Calm down and learn to read.

Mate if you think playing 31 times last season and signing a 3 1/2 year extension isn’t an investment of forests behalf then you are a mongo

We are definitely lacking a proper leader on the pitch despite Gerrard thinking he was signing some. There is no one on the pitch getting a grip of the players when it gets tough, no one bollocking players doing stupid things in their own half. Fed up watching this team take the lead and then just retreat into its shell. I've never seen a team that is so uncomfortable being a goal up that it loses any hint of composure unless it gets the second goal. 

12 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Sarcasm? Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Falkirk where he was average to Huddersfield in League 1 and Championship where he was average, Burnley where he was decent for a season and then back to SPL to us. No Scotland call up so opted to play for Canada.

Shrewsbury where he played over one HUNDRED games,  Cheltenham on loan, Brighton where he played less than FORTY times in 3 years, then up to SPL to play for us. No international recognition at any age group. 

On what planet are they anything other than the careers of journeymen? 

More delusion from our fans. Our results are up and down, mostly down lately, because we don't have very good players. 

Fans wildly overrate very average players and then can't understand why they can't consistently get results. 

Just now, bluenose_n1 said:

We are the 4th club Arfield has played for, he spent 5 years at a premiership club playing 177 times

we are Goldson 3rd club 

fuck off

Hahahaha!! How may of those games were in the Premier League? He's an average journeyman. Deal with it. 

And Goldsons 3 previous clubs were Shrewsbury, Cheltenham and Brighton were he played 2/3 of a seasons games across 3 years. Average.

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

Falkirk where he was average to Huddersfield in League 1 and Championship where he was average, Burnley where he was decent for a season and then back to SPL to us. No Scotland call up so opted to play for Canada.

Shrewsbury where he played over one HUNDRED games,  Cheltenham on loan, Brighton where he played less than FORTY times in 3 years, then up to SPL to play for us. No international recognition at any age group. 

On what planet are they anything other than the careers of journeymen? 

More delusion from our fans. Our results are up and down, mostly down lately, because we don't have very good players. 

Fans wildly overrate very average players and then can't understand why they can't consistently get results. 

Don’t think you’re quite understanding what a journeyman is the 

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No. It isn't.

Our squad isn't made up of journeymen and loan players.

We have 3 loan players, 4 if you want to count Sadiq.

That would make the rest of our squad journeymen?

5 loan players 4 of whom are probable starters 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

So the terms solely pertains to the number of clubs? 

In American English a journeyman usually refers to a sportsman who is technically competent but unable to excel, whereas in British English it usually just refers to someone who has played for several different teams.