Lack of winners?

Amac9

Fed up with the whole thing. We were utter shite against St Mirren and that's the problem. All this 2 or 3 transfer windows is also pish given the fact that we have loan players. We need to beat the scum and win the league. It's that simple. It isn't some huge process and has to happen in one season with us getting a similar start to Hearts this year and battling to the flag. There is no other way. 

1 hour ago, ronniemca said:

We really must stop bringing in young inexperienced loan players to give them game time and develop them for another club.Any loans coming in must have experience and be able to command a first team spot.The pressure playing for Rangers is just too much for them.

When the loan players were first coming in we were told we were getting the cream of the crop it does not look like that now.

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

To be fair septic had a loss of form but that now looks to be over ... perhaps it came at least in part from rogers problems upstairs? 

Yeah you're right, but we need to be the team in that position and we can do it without any long term 3 transfer window outlook. Beat the scum and drill the players into total determination that we CAN win the league THIS YEAR. No other approach is viable. 

3 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

Yeah you're right, but we need to be the team in that position and we can do it without any long term 3 transfer window outlook. Beat the scum and drill the players into total determination that we CAN win the league THIS YEAR. No other approach is viable. 

I get the impression they don't actually believe that and as long as that's the case it certainly isn't going to happen 

8 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

To be fair septic had a loss of form but that now looks to be over ... perhaps it came at least in part from rogers problems upstairs? 

3 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

If we can stay in touch before the septic game? And at the moment it does not look likely. But if we do? and then can actually beat septic that would be a huge confidence boost and could give players belief that they are good enough to win the title. If we lose to them again then i think we have no chance of winning the league. But i still cling to some hope we can do it. Time will tell

Call it winners or players with the mental capacity to play under pressure that’s what we lack 

some people thrive on pressure and some go into a shell, I’ve worked wae other joiners who are decent but put them under pressure and you’d sack them instantly for poor attitude or workmanship 

walter Smith would judge a player on his mentality before ability when signing him, purely cos you’ve either got it or you’ve not. Your football ability can be improved, mentally comes from within.

ever wondered why teams whose players have less ability than ours, beat us? There’s your answer 90% of the time, too many of our starting 11 don’t have it imo

People are forgetting we don't have to beatt celtic in games against them to be top of the league. We need to consistently beat the 10 other diddy teams, the teams we absolutely dwarf in terms of support, wage bill, transfer fees, stadium size, commercial revenue, match day revenue, etc, etc. 

There's actually little excuse for not consistently, or at least more consistently, beating them and picking up points. A semi-competent manager and some sensible transfers in and out, is all it would take. Sick of listening to excuses for Gerrard and the utterly average players he's signed or loaned. Hamilton, Livingstone, St Mirren, Dundee, Kilmarnock ,etc are barely better than amateur sides. With the money we've spent we should be picking up 3 points far more regularly than we are. Incompetence throughout the club, from boardroom to dugout to pitch is the  reason we are not. 

7 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

Unfortunately when you're used to playing for small clubs where 1 good performance followed by 3/4 bad ones is accepted as the norm, it's a massive step up to a club where winning and success is an expectation. 

I'm sure the players appreciate the size of the club, but if the burden of expectation seems to be too much for them and has been for a long time now for any number of players and managers. 

In this situation you need a manager who can instill a winning mentality into the players, which you would hope Gerrard would have been able to do. But you still need the players to have the foundations to build on in the first place and I just don't see that mental toughness in a number of our key players. 

Otherwise we need to find a colossal amount of money to buy players who are used to playing at a high level, which isn't happening any time soon. 

Your spot on with this mate.

6 hours ago, Bronzy said:

For me a journeyman is a player that is usually over 30 and has played for a large number of clubs during his career.

Exactly :tu:

Nothing to do with young players . Jesus

Think we are now all looking for reasons to slag everyone off on here . I'm certain now . No one has been left out

4 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

If we can stay in touch before the septic game? And at the moment it does not look likely. But if we do? and then can actually beat septic that would be a huge confidence boost and could give players belief that they are good enough to win the title. If we lose to them again then i think we have no chance of winning the league. But i still cling to some hope we can do it. Time will tell

As you say if,but,hope,etc etc.We will drop quite a few points between now and the St Pats game.We  might get a result if there is no pressure on us right enough.

35 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

The thing is, genuine quality costs £150k a week plus. We will never have the quality we crave.

The players we are playing against in Scotland are lucky to be earning £3000/week, why would we need to spend £150k to get quality to beat them?.

We had the quality to score 4 legal goals in one half on Thursday night against a team who have been in Europe longer than us recently, I don't think the problem is all down to money, its a very young inexperienced side at the moment, perhaps a bit of experience in central defence and midfield would give us the balance we need.

We do take defeat pretty fucking badly. Nothing wrong with that.

The personal shit does go ottt though and I'm guilty as well.

I keep thinking we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last night. Bastards were there for the taking, but such is our lot.

Some of those with better ability do lack the mentality, whilst others with the mentaility just simply lack the ability. Like Flanagan. Has the mentality but utter pish.

Young manager learning the ropes, tries to do the balancing act and gets it wrong. Not entirely unexpected, because  even the best of them get it wrong regularly.

The players are what they are. They don't purposely go out to make a cunt of it, but that's where the mentality comes and some do the shrinking violet act.

It is obvious we are still short on the mentality and ability stakes. I'd say 3/4 quality players away and it will have the knock on to those with less ability and assist them in stepping up.

We have big expectations, as we have waited so long to get back to where we belong. Utterly frustrating and some results are just a kick in the bawz.

I still have confidence that we will get there sooner than later. We have seen this squad on song and what we can do with what is a pretty average bunch, but average just don't get us the consistency and every team in the land doubling down, doing their utmost to stifle us. A bit more guile and quality we will kill them all.

Patience is not a virtue amongst our support, but it's going to take that to avoid greater disappointment.

As bad as some players can be, they are all we have got for NOW. They want to win. Stevie wants us to win. It will come and we will all be fucking grinning like Cheshire cats and I can wet the pampers as the rest of Scottish football go on fucking suicide watch.

Keep the faith!

Reading all the comments on this topic is like a night at the comedy store.

A new team, a new manager trying to gel in the red hot atmosphere of Ibrox and European competition.

Yes some of the players are not up to the standard but we have not got the money to compete for the name players. The last time we did that got us into the shit we are in now.

First loss in a european campaign, the best we have done since 2008, yet its all doom and gloom. Sack the manager and get who?

Sack half the team and replace them with who? Money is the common factor and we don't have any. We may if we qualify for the knockout phase of the euro cup get the best cash injection we have had for 10 years.

We are third in the league with a game in hand  five points off the lead, four behind the scum not really that bad. Yes we have had some bad results and some players are not up to standard such as Sadiq and Flanagan but we are in better shape than we have been for years.