Presser - Gerrard and Grezda

Virtuoso

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

He talks a lot of sense. I think last night was a particularly hard one for us all to deal with because it was in our hands, some freak goals. Flanagan was pure pish though and I hope he got his arse handed to him. 

I hope Flanagan got his arse booted right out the door.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He was right and I wouldn’t have apologised to them, but just listening to him it comes across as he thinks he was too harsh. 

Don't think he's apologised to them, think he's just providing some counterweight to that statement - all of which is true. We have come a long way in six months and Spartak are top quality opposition on their day. 

He’s an absolute master of the mind games when it comes to the players. 

Middle of a press conference and he just casually throws down the gauntlet to Grezda and Middleton to step up if they think they are hard enough. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Don't think he's apologised to them, think he's just providing some counterweight to that statement - all of which is true. We have come a long way in six months and Spartak are top quality opposition on their day. 

If he’s not apologised I think maybe Macca or one of the other coaches have had a quiet word in his ear. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he’s not apologised I think maybe Macca or one of the other coaches have had a quiet word in his ear. 

Yeah, I also think last night you saw his emotion and today you've seen his objectivity. Both perfectly fine approaches for me. 

Even if he's right in what he says, to publicly slate the players can't be c a regular occurrence or he'll lose the dressing room.I think he's reflected, is aware of that, and is now trying to provide a bit more balance to his message, ie, there were positives. Fair enough.

Re the refs part, he seemed to minimaliise that a but too much for me. I think he should have just referred to the statement and said everything they need to know is spelt out for them there. Particularly the last paragraph.