Jump to content
BridgeIsBlue

Big Jock Knew

Recommended Posts


I remember when we were on top the taigs used to say our day will come.I certainly fucking hope so it's time those horrible pedo bastards paid for harbouring child molesters for many a year. And the poor kids who were the victim of the child abuse should be paid millions of pounds in compensation. Last but not least this horrible club should be sent to the doldrums of the scottish leagues if not shut down. But to be honest I won't hold my breath.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, doc holliday said:

Never  seen so many Scottish  journalists running away from a such a hot investigative  topic unlike the financial fiasco involving us which they were all over and running page 1 stories and media updates on a daily basis with agenda driven bloggers spilling poison at every opportunity.That tells you all you need to know about media  and political bias ,influence  and selective indifference in Scotland.

all the basic bases of the narrative of this story has been changed by Nonce FC to distance themselves from the whole affair and potential damage to the Nonce FC brand

Eg Barrowfield sports centre...which to anyone of a particular age is in fact Barrowfield..the former training ground of Nonce FC ..OWNED AND OPERATED BY NONCE FC 

Seperatev entity... I read an interview a while back from Andy Ritchie(older bears will remember his days at Morton) who was a former CBC and  brought in by Tommy Burns to run the youth

he spoke of "a dark cancer within CBC" and ..... this is the crucial bit..

"cutting the apron strings"

I believe they were affiliated and the cutting of the apron strings was the birth of the "seperate entity" lie 

the story has now strangely disappeared from the net which makes me even more suspicious so sorry no link guys 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

all the basic bases of the narrative of this story has been changed by Nonce FC to distance themselves from the whole affair and potential damage to the Nonce FC brand

Eg Barrowfield sports centre...which to anyone of a particular age is in fact Barrowfield..the former training ground of Nonce FC ..OWNED AND OPERATED BY NONCE FC 

Seperatev entity... I read an interview a while back from Andy Ritchie(older bears will remember his days at Morton) who was a former CBC and  brought in by Tommy Burns to run the youth

he spoke of "a dark cancer within CBC" and ..... this is the crucial bit..

"cutting the apron strings"

I believe they were affiliated and the cutting of the apron strings was the birth of the "seperate entity" lie 

the story has now strangely disappeared from the net which makes me even more suspicious so sorry no link guys 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20161126/283162903198443&ved=2ahUKEwi1trHJ-7bgAhXrQxUIHXpmA2UQFjALegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1RXVl09vDximPKNt9jDik7

👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

‘Some­thing had to be done about de­spi­ca­ble ac­tiv­i­ties’ THE cur­rent scan­dal en­gulf­ing English foot­ball has echoes of what hap­pened at celtic Boys’ Club when coach Jim Tor­bett was jailed in 1998 for abuse of three young play­ers go­ing back 30 years. Here, for­mer celtic player Andy Ritchie, em­ployed by the ParkheScottish Daily Mail26 Nov 2016 WHEN the late Tommy Burns needed some­one he knew and trusted to come and tackle the mount­ing prob­lems in celtic Boys’ Club, he turned to me. He needed some­one who knew the back­ground and I was an ex-Boys’ club player. At the time, a storm was about to break con­cern­ing se­ri­ous sex­ual abuse of young play­ers. Peo­ple at the club were be­com­ing aware of cer­tain his­toric al­le­ga­tions and they wanted to cut the apron strings. He needed some­one who knew the back­ground and I was an ex-Boys’ club player. At the time, a storm was about to break con­cern­ing se­ri­ous sex­ual abuse of young play­ers. Peo­ple at the club were be­com­ing aware of cer­tain his­toric al­le­ga­tions and they wanted to cut the apron strings. My name was sug­gested to Tommy as the man to turn the Boys’ club out, start our own Un­der-16s team and look af­ter it. The idea, not to put too fine a point on it, was to re­move what Thomas de­scribed as a ‘web of evil’ at celtic Boys’ Club. Jim Tor­bett, coach of the boys’ club and the owner of the Tro­phy Cen­tre, would be con­victed in 1998 of mo­lest­ing for­mer play­ers, in­clud­ing Scot­land in­ter­na­tional Alan Brazil, over a seven-year pe­riod. He was jailed for two-and-a-half years. An­other of the accused, Frank Cair­ney — a close ally of Tommy and my for­mer Boys’ club men­tor — was also accused con­cern­ing in­ci­dents pre­ced­ing his res­ig­na­tion from the club in 1991, but was ac­quit­ted due to in­suf­fi­cient ev­i­dence. Iron­i­cally, it was Cair­ney who sug­gested me to Tommy as a youth coach at a brain-storm­ing ses­sion in his front room. That I was be­ing brought in then to break up the club he spent years nur­tur­ing was both awk­ward and ironic. The idea, not to put too fine a point on it, was to re­move what Thomas de­scribed as a ‘web of evil’ at celtic Boys’ Club. Jim Tor­bett, coach of the boys’ club and the owner of the Tro­phy Cen­tre, would be con­victed in 1998 of mo­lest­ing for­mer play­ers, in­clud­ing Scot­land in­ter­na­tional Alan Brazil, over a seven-year pe­riod. He was jailed for two-and-a-half years. An­other of the accused, Frank Cair­ney — a close ally of Tommy and my for­mer Boys’ club men­tor — was also accused con­cern­ing in­ci­dents pre­ced­ing his res­ig­na­tion from the club in 1991, but was ac­quit­ted due to in­suf­fi­cient ev­i­dence. Iron­i­cally, it was Cair­ney who sug­gested me to Tommy as a youth coach at a brain-storm­ing ses­sion in his front room. That I was be­ing brought in then to break up the club he spent years nur­tur­ing was both awk­ward and ironic. There were al­ways ru­mours re­gard­ing de­spi­ca­ble ac­tiv­i­ties at the Boys’ club, but the harsh fact is this; un­til these mat­ters ar­rive at your own door, un­til you ex­pe­ri­ence the sheer hor­ror of abuse in some shape or form, you can barely con­ceive of how it feels to be a vic­tim or the par­ent of a vic­tim. I had only sam­pled any­thing of this na­ture on odd oc­ca­sions as a young foot­baller when I’d re­ceive a run home from train­ing with some team-mates from one par­tic­u­lar coach. I had only sam­pled any­thing of this na­ture on odd oc­ca­sions as a young foot­baller when I’d re­ceive a run home from train­ing with some team-mates from one par­tic­u­lar coach. We would des­per­ately try to avoid be­ing the last out of the car. Who­ever left last risked feel­ing a claw­ing, clammy hand on the in­side of their thigh in the car as they went to leave. That hap­pened to me once or twice to­gether with what would be­come fa­mil­iar ad­vice. ‘Don’t you be w ****** be­fore the game this week­end,’ would be the crude, bizarre gist of it. I re­mem­ber think­ing that was strange at the time. Un­com­fort­able, in­deed. But, for some rea­son, it didn’t seem un­duly strange. I was a naive big boy. These days that would be re­garded as sex­ual abuse; in those days peo­ple were ig­no­rant of these things. They didn’t talk about it. I was phys­i­cally strong, but men­tally weak. You hear about things like that but the reality seems sur­real, the kind of thing that hap­pens to the kids Es­ther Rantzen takes un­der her wing. Not in the real world, not in the west of Scot­land. Nev­er­the­less, there were per­sis­tent ru­mours of wrong­do­ing at celtic Boys Club and some­thing had to be done. Tommy asked me to come back to celtic on a part-time ba­sis at a char­ity event in Cly­de­bank one Satur­day morn­ing. I would be in charge of run­ning the show at Un­der-16 level — a stage Tommy re­garded as very im­por­tant to the devel­op­ment of play­ers. He of­fered me £100 a week to do the job. My move was rub­ber­stamped and I was ap­pointed to my spe­cial mis­sion. When they dis­cov­ered pre­cisely what my role would be, it didn’t please the hi­er­ar­chy of the Boys’ club, who had built up an em­pire around them­selves. They held sig­nif­i­cant sway at celtic Park and now I was threat­en­ing this. He of­fered me £100 a week to do the job. My move was rub­ber­stamped and I was ap­pointed to my spe­cial mis­sion. When they dis­cov­ered pre­cisely what my role would be, it didn’t please the hi­er­ar­chy of the Boys’ club, who had built up an em­pire around them­selves. They held sig­nif­i­cant sway at celtic Park and now I was threat­en­ing this. VERY quickly af­ter that, the game was up for them any­way. The Daily Record news­pa­per pub­lished a se­ries of high­ly­dam­ag­ing al­le­ga­tions which ended in wit­nesses com­ing for­ward by the dozen. A high-pro­file and ex­tremely em­bar­rass­ing court case en­sued in Glasgow. But I still ask my­self to­day, what hap­pened to the brave Scot­tish victims who spoke up? Did they re­ceive the help and sup­port now be­ing of­fered to victims by the PFA in Eng­land now? Were they lis­tened to and granted coun­selling? Or were they let down yet again by the peo­ple who took years to be­lieve them? But I still ask my­self to­day, what hap­pened to the brave Scot­tish victims who spoke up? Did they re­ceive the help and sup­port now be­ing of­fered to victims by the PFA in Eng­land now? Were they lis­tened to and granted coun­selling? Or were they let down yet again by the peo­ple who took years to be­lieve them?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

 

Hope to fuck this starts the storm needed to bring justice to all the victims of these scummy bastards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

‘Some­thing had to be done about de­spi­ca­ble ac­tiv­i­ties’ THE cur­rent scan­dal en­gulf­ing English foot­ball has echoes of what hap­pened at celtic Boys’ Club when coach Jim Tor­bett was jailed in 1998 for abuse of three young play­ers go­ing back 30 years. Here, for­mer celtic player Andy Ritchie, em­ployed by the ParkheScottish Daily Mail26 Nov 2016 WHEN the late Tommy Burns needed some­one he knew and trusted to come and tackle the mount­ing prob­lems in celtic Boys’ Club, he turned to me. He needed some­one who knew the back­ground and I was an ex-Boys’ club player. At the time, a storm was about to break con­cern­ing se­ri­ous sex­ual abuse of young play­ers. Peo­ple at the club were be­com­ing aware of cer­tain his­toric al­le­ga­tions and they wanted to cut the apron strings. He needed some­one who knew the back­ground and I was an ex-Boys’ club player. At the time, a storm was about to break con­cern­ing se­ri­ous sex­ual abuse of young play­ers. Peo­ple at the club were be­com­ing aware of cer­tain his­toric al­le­ga­tions and they wanted to cut the apron strings. My name was sug­gested to Tommy as the man to turn the Boys’ club out, start our own Un­der-16s team and look af­ter it. The idea, not to put too fine a point on it, was to re­move what Thomas de­scribed as a ‘web of evil’ at celtic Boys’ Club. Jim Tor­bett, coach of the boys’ club and the owner of the Tro­phy Cen­tre, would be con­victed in 1998 of mo­lest­ing for­mer play­ers, in­clud­ing Scot­land in­ter­na­tional Alan Brazil, over a seven-year pe­riod. He was jailed for two-and-a-half years. An­other of the accused, Frank Cair­ney — a close ally of Tommy and my for­mer Boys’ club men­tor — was also accused con­cern­ing in­ci­dents pre­ced­ing his res­ig­na­tion from the club in 1991, but was ac­quit­ted due to in­suf­fi­cient ev­i­dence. Iron­i­cally, it was Cair­ney who sug­gested me to Tommy as a youth coach at a brain-storm­ing ses­sion in his front room. That I was be­ing brought in then to break up the club he spent years nur­tur­ing was both awk­ward and ironic. The idea, not to put too fine a point on it, was to re­move what Thomas de­scribed as a ‘web of evil’ at celtic Boys’ Club. Jim Tor­bett, coach of the boys’ club and the owner of the Tro­phy Cen­tre, would be con­victed in 1998 of mo­lest­ing for­mer play­ers, in­clud­ing Scot­land in­ter­na­tional Alan Brazil, over a seven-year pe­riod. He was jailed for two-and-a-half years. An­other of the accused, Frank Cair­ney — a close ally of Tommy and my for­mer Boys’ club men­tor — was also accused con­cern­ing in­ci­dents pre­ced­ing his res­ig­na­tion from the club in 1991, but was ac­quit­ted due to in­suf­fi­cient ev­i­dence. Iron­i­cally, it was Cair­ney who sug­gested me to Tommy as a youth coach at a brain-storm­ing ses­sion in his front room. That I was be­ing brought in then to break up the club he spent years nur­tur­ing was both awk­ward and ironic. There were al­ways ru­mours re­gard­ing de­spi­ca­ble ac­tiv­i­ties at the Boys’ club, but the harsh fact is this; un­til these mat­ters ar­rive at your own door, un­til you ex­pe­ri­ence the sheer hor­ror of abuse in some shape or form, you can barely con­ceive of how it feels to be a vic­tim or the par­ent of a vic­tim. I had only sam­pled any­thing of this na­ture on odd oc­ca­sions as a young foot­baller when I’d re­ceive a run home from train­ing with some team-mates from one par­tic­u­lar coach. I had only sam­pled any­thing of this na­ture on odd oc­ca­sions as a young foot­baller when I’d re­ceive a run home from train­ing with some team-mates from one par­tic­u­lar coach. We would des­per­ately try to avoid be­ing the last out of the car. Who­ever left last risked feel­ing a claw­ing, clammy hand on the in­side of their thigh in the car as they went to leave. That hap­pened to me once or twice to­gether with what would be­come fa­mil­iar ad­vice. ‘Don’t you be w ****** be­fore the game this week­end,’ would be the crude, bizarre gist of it. I re­mem­ber think­ing that was strange at the time. Un­com­fort­able, in­deed. But, for some rea­son, it didn’t seem un­duly strange. I was a naive big boy. These days that would be re­garded as sex­ual abuse; in those days peo­ple were ig­no­rant of these things. They didn’t talk about it. I was phys­i­cally strong, but men­tally weak. You hear about things like that but the reality seems sur­real, the kind of thing that hap­pens to the kids Es­ther Rantzen takes un­der her wing. Not in the real world, not in the west of Scot­land. Nev­er­the­less, there were per­sis­tent ru­mours of wrong­do­ing at celtic Boys Club and some­thing had to be done. Tommy asked me to come back to celtic on a part-time ba­sis at a char­ity event in Cly­de­bank one Satur­day morn­ing. I would be in charge of run­ning the show at Un­der-16 level — a stage Tommy re­garded as very im­por­tant to the devel­op­ment of play­ers. He of­fered me £100 a week to do the job. My move was rub­ber­stamped and I was ap­pointed to my spe­cial mis­sion. When they dis­cov­ered pre­cisely what my role would be, it didn’t please the hi­er­ar­chy of the Boys’ club, who had built up an em­pire around them­selves. They held sig­nif­i­cant sway at celtic Park and now I was threat­en­ing this. He of­fered me £100 a week to do the job. My move was rub­ber­stamped and I was ap­pointed to my spe­cial mis­sion. When they dis­cov­ered pre­cisely what my role would be, it didn’t please the hi­er­ar­chy of the Boys’ club, who had built up an em­pire around them­selves. They held sig­nif­i­cant sway at celtic Park and now I was threat­en­ing this. VERY quickly af­ter that, the game was up for them any­way. The Daily Record news­pa­per pub­lished a se­ries of high­ly­dam­ag­ing al­le­ga­tions which ended in wit­nesses com­ing for­ward by the dozen. A high-pro­file and ex­tremely em­bar­rass­ing court case en­sued in Glasgow. But I still ask my­self to­day, what hap­pened to the brave Scot­tish victims who spoke up? Did they re­ceive the help and sup­port now be­ing of­fered to victims by the PFA in Eng­land now? Were they lis­tened to and granted coun­selling? Or were they let down yet again by the peo­ple who took years to be­lieve them? But I still ask my­self to­day, what hap­pened to the brave Scot­tish victims who spoke up? Did they re­ceive the help and sup­port now be­ing of­fered to victims by the PFA in Eng­land now? Were they lis­tened to and granted coun­selling? Or were they let down yet again by the peo­ple who took years to be­lieve them?  

At the time, a storm wasabout to break con­cern­ing se­ri­ous sex­ual abuseof young play­ers. Peo­ple at the club werebe­com­ing aware of cer­tain his­toric al­le­ga­tionsand they wanted to cut the apron strings

 

This is the interesting part

"cut the apron strings"

Surely this proves CFC AND CBC at the time of the offences were indeed one and the same and celtic abandoned them when the allegations were coming to light  throwing Torbett to the wolves in a bid to keep their mhanky name clean?

 

good find btw👍

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope all this comes out asap just how deep does it go within the club. I hope the victims can get some closure

Then we get onto the punishment for the club. Long rumoured that the sfa are holding back on a recommendation until the legal processes are done.

We must see scum fc removed from Scottish football the crimes are bad enough but for running away from your responsibility is fuckin disgusting. 

Should've put your hands and admit guilty and how you've failed victims then took the consequences on the fuckin chin. 

That been and gone close them down they are a vulgar institution that give a fuck about no one but themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I doubt you'd know mate bur will the scums insurance cover any claims that's what's been suggested a few times on FF

Not a clue mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Highly doubt any insurance company is covering claims for beasting wains ffs 

This. It’s seems incredible that anyone would think it was possible 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

This. It’s seems incredible that anyone would think it was possible 

If I go out and stab somecunt ,I’m sure my insurance company will do the time for me 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I doubt you'd know mate bur will the scums insurance cover any claims that's what's been suggested a few times on FF

Insurance company won’t cover damages linked to criminal convictions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I doubt you'd know mate bur will the scums insurance cover any claims that's what's been suggested a few times on FF

Be surprised if an insurance company paid out for crimes committed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Insurance company won’t cover damages linked to criminal convictions. 

I didn't think so mate but reading it put a doubt in my mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend of my Mums boy played for them, he was released because of some allegation he made against the scum.

His Mum said it was about sectarian abuse he received, but anyway before he left they were called into Liewells office and made sign a non disclosure agreement. If anything ever leaked Liewell told them he would crucify her family. 

So the non disclosure treatment is still going strong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Friend of my Mums boy played for them, he was released because of some allegation he made against the scum.

His Mum said it was about sectarian abuse he received, but anyway before he left they were called into Liewells office and made sign a non disclosure agreement. If anything ever leaked Liewell told them he would crucify her family. 

So the non disclosure treatment is still going strong. 

NDA dont stand when criminality is involved mate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KingKirk said:

NDA dont stand when criminality is involved mate. 

It was more the intimidation factor of it in this case, she told my Mum she has never been as scared as she was when she was sitting in that lying cunts office. 

She claims she recorded the whole meeting on her phone just in case. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Friend of my Mums boy played for them, he was released because of some allegation he made against the scum.

His Mum said it was about sectarian abuse he received, but anyway before he left they were called into Liewells office and made sign a non disclosure agreement. If anything ever leaked Liewell told them he would crucify her family. 

So the non disclosure treatment is still going strong. 

NDAs are being challenged left right and centre - look at the Philip Green thing just now - he’s being crucified by the telegraph because of his abuse allegations 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Highly doubt any insurance company is covering claims for beasting wains ffs 

you wouldn't think so,i want they beasts to lose everything it's what they deserve for not only what the coaches done for them covering it up as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×