Context - previous position at this stage...

graeme_4

It’s no surprise really. 

The past month the media have fawned over cellic because they’ve hit a bit of form, yet that form in league terms is still worse than ours in terms of goals scored and points accumulated.

Obviously a big month coming up. 

I think we have to be within 2 of them come the OF. We’re playing all these teams at home, whilst they play all of them away. It’s imperative we’re within touching distance because the round of fixtures again turn and we’ll play them all away before the split. I’m interested in sporting integrity if that’s the case because if Hibs and the sheep finish in the top 6 then we should technically play them all at home after the split...

All of that won’t matter if we fuck it. We need some big performances across the board and finally find a bit of consistency that’s been missing for years now

It's better than given credit for, the inconsistency is no surprise, we shouldn't have unacceptably dropped some of the stupid points we have, whilst our EL results have been credit worthy they've led to many assuming or expecting a league title will follow.

Some good, some bad, lots of room for improvement.

Don't really care about stuff like this tbh mate

I judge each manager on their own results and signings. Can't really make comparisons between Gerrard and other managers that had different squads and various funds available

December is huge 

I think we tend to overlook the challenge of playing Thursday/Sunday for a relatively newly formed squad of young players who haven’t played a lot of top flight football. 

This is why, as frustrated as I get with some of Gerrards decisions and subs, I fully believe he is going to lead us to the promised land. 

He has spent very little net spend. He has pulled together guys who weren’t first choice at their respective clubs, some loanees and he has got better performances out of players we had consigned to the scrap heap and got them all to within 2 points of the league leaders and within touching distance of qualification in Europe. 

Its nothing short of remarkable really. 

43 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

I expect there not to be a lot in it come the third Old Firm game, very similar to last year.

December is a huge and difficult month but the tims have the tougher of the fixtures IMO.

We've definitely got a tougher December, mate.

We play Hearts away to start the month, Aberdeen, Hibs twice and are away in Europe halfway through the month.

St Johnstone won't exactly be a formality with how we have been away from home either.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

2018-19: GF: 32, GA: 11, GD: 21, Points: 24

2017-18: GF: 27, GA: 12 , GD: 15, Points: 24

2016-17: GF: 16, GA: 13, GD: 3, Points: 20

2011-12: GF: 25,  GA: 4, GD: 21, Points: 32

2010-11: GF: 29, GA: 13, GD: 16, Points: 31

2009-10: GF: 20, GA: 8, GD: 12, Points: 25

2008-09: GF: 30, GA: 10, GD: 20, Points: 29

2007-08: GF: 30, GA 11, GD: 19, Points: 25

2006-07: GF: 19, GA: 14, GD: 5, Points: 19

2005-06: GF: 19, GA: 12, GD: 7, Points: 21

When you take building a new squad, a draining European run and the fact that he’s a ‘rookie’ manager I’m pretty pleased with what he’s achieved to date. 

The next 6 weeks will be the biggest test we’ll face this season in terms of tough games with the last 2 Europa league fixtures, mixed in with Livi, Hearts away, Aberdeen, Hivs twice, St Johnston away and then culminating with the filth on the 29th. If we’re in touching distance with them prior to it what a game we have on our hands. 

Think Stevie deserves more credit that he’s been getting outwith the club. 

That's a good post 

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Don't really care about stuff like this tbh mate

I judge each manager on their own results and signings. Can't really make comparisons between Gerrard and other managers that had different squads and various funds available

December is huge 

Aye, different opposition too. People act like we're the only team that changes each season. 

If you were to say we would be practically one win in the league away from being top and one win in the Europa league away from being top I would have been delighted. The major disappointment is obviously losing the semi final, all the moreso because the sheep are and were awful. It was a tough one to take. In addition to that there have been some bumps along the way.

That said, taking all things into consideration we're doing not too bad. Next 6/7 weeks are season defining. Let's make them count.

Agree with @.Williamson.

None of this really means anything in the context of season against season - it all depends on the context of the season we are in at the time.

If it did, we could point out that each of the title winning sides in that list had more than 24 points at this point of the season.

Just now, GOAT said:

One thing I’ve noticed, look at goals for and against.  We’re scoring more our defence is costing us.  But we already knew that anyway. 

Yeah. Same as last season. 

Most frustrating thing is since we have come back up we have improved the quality of player year on year but similar issues persist.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah. Same as last season. 

Most frustrating thing is since we have come back up we have improved the quality of player year on year but similar issues persist.

It just shows you how important davie weir and Bougherra was for us and possibly even Walter in organising his teams to defend.