Context - previous position at this stage...

graeme_4

19 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It just shows you how important davie weir and Bougherra was for us and possibly even Walter in organising his teams to defend. 

Yeah.

I think Walter was immense in setting up a team. 

The other thing is mentality. It makes up a lot of you don’t have ability. Walter’s teams had guys like Whittaker, Broadfoot, Cleland, Papac, and he played players like Craig Moore in midfield at times in his first spell. All of them had a winning mentality that you can’t coach and it’s even harder to scout but Walter, like SAF, seemed to have an eye for it in a player.

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Don't really care about stuff like this tbh mate

I judge each manager on their own results and signings. Can't really make comparisons between Gerrard and other managers that had different squads and various funds available

December is huge 

Agree, there are just too many variables to be able to properly compare. OK for context but doesn't really tell us anything. 

As you say performances by the team and Gerrard over the next 6 weeks is what will count. Time for the team to show real bottle. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Agree, there are just too many variables to be able to properly compare. OK for context but doesn't really tell us anything. 

As you say performances by the team and Gerrard over the next 6 weeks is what will count. Time for us to step up and be counted. 

Now is indeed the time. Would love to go in to the new year absolutely flying. It's not outwith our capabilities whatsoever. 

The second season of the three titles under Smith did we not start quite poorly? Sure I can remember celtic having the chance to open a seven point gap or something if they won the first old firm game at ibrox? Miller scored two in the first ten minutes and we won. Then the fantastic experience that was Tony Mowbray took off. 

14 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

The second season of the three titles under Smith did we not start quite poorly? Sure I can remember celtic having the chance to open a seven point gap or something if they won the first old firm game at ibrox? Miller scored two in the first ten minutes and we won. Then the fantastic experience that was Tony Mowbray took off. 

Yup.  Drew 3 on the bounce then too.  Sheep game aside it's been a positive start to our season although that one sticks in the throat considering how pish they actually are.  Factoring in that we played 8 qualifiers and have in effect played a game on average once every 4 days since i'd say we are looking strong but one good result against Motherwell won't change my opinion on mentality.  We need winners in the team in all areas and not just goalkeeper.

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

2018-19: GF: 32, GA: 11, GD: 21, Points: 24

2017-18: GF: 27, GA: 12 , GD: 15, Points: 24

2016-17: GF: 16, GA: 13, GD: 3, Points: 20

2011-12: GF: 25,  GA: 4, GD: 21, Points: 32

2010-11: GF: 29, GA: 13, GD: 16, Points: 31

2009-10: GF: 20, GA: 8, GD: 12, Points: 25

2008-09: GF: 30, GA: 10, GD: 20, Points: 29

2007-08: GF: 30, GA 11, GD: 19, Points: 25

2006-07: GF: 19, GA: 14, GD: 5, Points: 19

2005-06: GF: 19, GA: 12, GD: 7, Points: 21

When you take building a new squad, a draining European run and the fact that he’s a ‘rookie’ manager I’m pretty pleased with what he’s achieved to date. 

The next 6 weeks will be the biggest test we’ll face this season in terms of tough games with the last 2 Europa league fixtures, mixed in with Livi, Hearts away, Aberdeen, Hivs twice, St Johnston away and then culminating with the filth on the 29th. If we’re in touching distance with them prior to it what a game we have on our hands. 

Think Stevie deserves more credit that he’s been getting outwith the club. 

Absolutely.