McAuley Starting For Northern Ireland Tonight

Bronzy

2 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The problem doesn't lie with players coming back, its with Rangers FC, bringing them back in desperation because of lack of money. Lets move on from six years ago FFS, its more like back to the future while the scum are moving forward.

At the moment we are talking up a 39 year old CB because flapper Goldson and static Katic and Worrel are just too inexperienced, crumble under pressure and have no presence in their own box and are suspect in the air. I can see why Davis could be asked back as we have no experienced players in midfield and with him costing nothing, well there's the reality.

1 - celtic literally resigned Izaguirre this summer :lol:

2 - The pish you spouted that's in bold shows you clearly have no clue about football.

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

All they had to do was wait a few weeks then leave if they wanted. 

The club would've made money which was obviously badly needed at the time. 

If it had happened that way then I don't think people would've bothered imo, but it didn't. 

Couldn’t agree more I thought it was a disgrace the way they denied Charles green more cash.  By the way why are people posting photos of hamsters on this topic?? 

I am perfectly comfortable holding both the view that we should never have brought any of the class of 2012 back as well as the view that McGregor is the best goalkeeping option available to us. He has done very well since coming back

I always thought lafferty was a clown shoe and wouldn’t have signed him back and he hasn’t really done anything yet to change that view  

I don’t want Davis back. Partially because of the way he left before and partially because he is too old and I am tired of Ibrox being a retirement home. 

I definitely don’t want Naismith back. Because of the interview and his knees. 

In summary, I didnt and don’t want any of them to return but if the club sign them and they play well and help us to 55 then I will be delighted

5 hours ago, Bronzy said:

1 - celtic literally resigned Izaguirre this summer :lol:

2 - The pish you spouted that's in bold shows you clearly have no clue about football.

Nothing to do with clues about football , the three CBs aren't good enough and it shows backed by the managers comments, or doesn't he have a clue about football either.

As for Izaguirre, he is backup for Tierney and the younger player at left back position, third choice with a wealth of experience of Scottish football at 32, your a right font of knowledge with that pathetic example.

2 hours ago, danger ranger said:

Nothing to do with clues about football , the three CBs aren't good enough and it shows backed by the managers comments, or doesn't he have a clue about football either.

As for Izaguirre, he is backup for Tierney and the younger player at left back position, third choice with a wealth of experience of Scottish football at 32, your a right font of knowledge with that pathetic example.

Aye I'm sure Gerrard thinks the three CBs he signed are shite :lol:

Also, literally 2 out of the 15 players we've signed this season are former players, one of which is a backup with a wealth of experience of Scottish football.

I think you're just a miserable cunt tbh.

Curious.  From reading this last page,  I can't work out what it has to do with the actual topic of McAuley starting for Northern Ireland?  

I'm presuming I have entered a Subliminal page.... Or the Bermuda Triangle section again.  

Hate it when that happens.  

Completely understand people holding grudges against Davis, McGregor  and Lafferty but is it not more important to prioritise us getting back to where we belong?? 

I doubt we’d have reached the group stages of the Europa league is we had Wes rather than shagger in goal. 

If Davis can come in and improve our midfield for relatively low cost I’m all for it. 

1 minute ago, Teddybear123 said:

I’ve no doubt that we couldn’t match his current wages, but I expect he’d take a pay cut to come to us. 

I admire your confidence , sadly I'd have to say I'm no so sure I'm quite so confident he would be prepared to drop that much unless nobody in the premier or championship would be willing to sign him then Southampton might do a deal involving paying a large proportion of the wages 

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

I admire your confidence , sadly I'd have to say I'm no so sure I'm quite so confident he would be prepared to drop that much unless nobody in the premier or championship would be willing to sign him then Southampton might do a deal involving paying a large proportion of the wages 

You may be right. He just strikes me as the type of player that prioritises what he does in football ahead of money. Perhaps I’m being over optimistic to think he’d be dying to come back to his boyhood club. 

Lafferty shouldn't have been brought back because he's fucking shite.

Mcgregor being brought back was Gerrard's best decision as manager.

Would prefer us to be looking at finding the next Davis (or better) rather than bringing Davis back in at his age, but as a short term measure until the end of the season we could do a lot worse.

No point in closing the stable door now.