Paul Gascoigne

Bruno's Manbun

18 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Its fuck all to do with Rangers tho, how should the Club distance itself from him? IIRC he hasn't been to Ibrox in years and I don't know of any official club events hes been to,so what's the Club meant to do? Release a statement condemning him?

He's an ex player the Club aren't responsible for his behaviour, there's also a huge bias against him in the media

I wish him all the best hes obviously not a well man and will always be a Rangers Legend imo and he's not been found guilty of anything yet 

He's a seperate entity 

9 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Innocent until proven guilty especially by barrack room lawyers on social mheejah, or do you have information that others don't, are you in the mheejah?

I never said he was guilty. Just know it’s not a set up by anti Rangers media!

15 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Bump into a wee entitled cow these days and it's sexual assault

#FUCKYERMETOOCROWD

Oh and fuck these bastards trying to eradicate Due Process like in the Kavanaugh hearing.

Try taking a break from YouTube sometimes.

On the basis of Gazza's version of events, he has done nothing wrong IMO. He has actually gone to assist the woman.

We'll see what unfolds but I can't see a case for sexual assault based on the information we know so far.  He's hardly likely to be genuinely sexually assaulting someone in front of his nephew or niece or whoever he was with ffs.

If it is over a kiss on a cheek, then Hogmanay down south must be a riot!

Under s3(b) it would have to be 'sexual' and I'm sure it's arguable that the context was consoling.  It's a key hurdle because any touch between people whatsoever is covered by s3(a).

(I believe in Scotland the same test is "intentionally or recklessly touches B sexually")

It's all based on a few tweets though, presumably there's another side to the story we've yet to hear.  If for example you were on a train trying to chat someone up, telling them they're lovely, and then kissed them on the cheek, the context is very different. 

It sounds like the very lowest end of the spectrum, but we'll see. 

23 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The former Rangers player......that’s how it was reported on BBC Scotland.

Always thought he played for other clubs as well, I must be wrong.

What’s your point?

There is probably a Lazio fan in Rome bemoaning the fact their national news failed to mention he played for Newcastle, Tottenham and Rangers.

Seems fairly obvious to me why BBC Scotland mentioned the Scottish football team he played for.

16 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Whenever I see or hear his name now, it’s never good news.

He really should distance himself from drama, but it seems he always wants to get involved.

For example, the Raoul Moat carry on a while back.

Don’t think he really chose to get involved in the Raoul moat incident. Clearly not a well bloke at the time. 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I cannot see why it was on Reporting Scotland last night for any other reason than an attempt to even up the Torbett story on immediately before it. Paranoid protestant I may be, but I believe I am right. :angrywillie:  

Spot on Bud, shower of shitpot appeasing rhats the lot of them !

On 19/11/2018 at 17:53, RFC Eagle said:

Its the CPS and they have a track record of prosecutions with little, or even contradictory evidence. 

Its not good for him because the press will be all over it and judgements made before the full facts are apparent.

Is that not the same though in any of these cases (hence why we need anonymity) let's be frank those that already dislike Gazza and our club will automatically tar him with the Jury verdict. In the same way, many on here would automatically condemn Salmond in regards to his situation.

To me situations like this only emphasize the need for anonymity especially for those with a history of mental health, I can't imagine this whole ordeal is helping his state in any way either.

Innocent until proven guilty must prevail

On 19 November 2018 at 14:06, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The former Rangers player......that’s how it was reported on BBC Scotland.

Always thought he played for other clubs as well, I must be wrong.

To be honest though the bbc or indeed anybody cellic minded commenting on this is like gerry and kate mccann doing a presentation on parenting skills!

image.thumb.jpeg.0ab0793c24dac2a48ba6d77291df746e.jpeg

1 hour ago, RJMcGregor said:

Is that not the same though in any of these cases (hence why we need anonymity) let's be frank those that already dislike Gazza and our club will automatically tar him with the Jury verdict. In the same way, many on here would automatically condemn Salmond in regards to his situation.

To me situations like this only emphasize the need for anonymity especially for those with a history of mental health, I can't imagine this whole ordeal is helping his state in any way either.

Its a problem with all sexual assault/rape cases. I believe that anonymity should be for both victim and accused. There are a number of cases where names are bandied about (the Rachel Nickell murder being a case that springs to mind) where innocent men (its usually men) have their reputations destroyed. Even when they are proven innocent the stigma remains.

I also believe that women who are proven to have falsely accused someone, for malicious reasons, should be given lengthy sentences. 

1 hour ago, RJMcGregor said:

Salmond is NOT a gentleman.  Again,  I have met this man and know who he truly is.  I worked in hospitality and many functions where he was present.  His story is far from innocent and WILL be proven guilty despite the media hype portraying him as a good man.  He's anything but.  

I will condemn him till his days of freedom are numbered and will carry on thereon after.  He is despicable.  Gazza was and still is a gent in my eyes because I was lucky enough to know him.  

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Salmond is NOT a gentleman.  Again,  I have met this man and know who he truly is.  I worked in hospitality and many functions where he was present.  His story is far from innocent and WILL be proven guilty despite the media hype portraying him as a good man.  He's anything but.  

I will condemn him till his days of freedom are numbered and will carry on thereon after.  He is despicable.  Gazza was and still is a gent in my eyes because I was lucky enough to know him.  

I thought innocent until proven guilty no? Did you see Salmond sexually harass or abuse somebody? And if so why aren’t you going to the police about it? Why didn’t you report his behaviour at the time to the police if not at least the media?

It’s an obvious double standard that you have, and meeting somebody at an event you work at isn’t the same as knowing them. One of the guys I worked with in Deutsche Bank was lovely, married with kids, a complete gentleman, that was until police found images of children on his computer, genuinely the least suspecting guy. So I don’t think your experiences with Gazza are necessarily reflective of who he is as a person, and that’s without bringing up the obvious issues with mental health and addiction which will likely have been a factor if this charge is true

Also nowhere did I state Salmond was a gentleman, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy with people when they automatically believe one party is innocent because they are on their side. Why not wait until the evidence proves definitively one way or the other.