Sky win rights for SPFL football.

Virtuoso

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I bet it is still pennies compared to some of the TV deals other leagues have.

As for premier sports not a chance I'd pay money to them for the cup games. 

The EFL (Championship) has just announced a deal worth £595m.

Almost 6 x the SPFL one.

22 minutes ago, Marky. said:

If they decide to make more of an effort, maybe employ another co-commentator, give it a fresh feel, then why not.

Won't miss listening to BT's childish discussions, put it that way.

Agreed.  BT are bad.  

But Sky have Andy Walker, who is just as bad.

6 minutes ago, Geo17 said:

Sutton in general doesnt really bother me at all, I would take listening to him commentating every game over Crocker and Walker.

I think he's mostly an alright pundit/commentator tbh. It's the crawling up his arse that the other pundits on BT do that gets to me 

20 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

The EFL (Championship) has just announced a deal worth £595m.

Almost 6 x the SPFL one.

They get to show double the amount of games, plus get higher viewing figures and appeal to a wider audience than Scottish football does.

If you look deeper into the figures the English Championship teams and below get very little each from the TV deal.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

not unhappy with this because of the single broadcaster element. basically get rid of andy walker and i will be fine.

If you want to watch us in Europe you'll still need a BT subscription because RTV don't cover those games live, which is a total pisser TBH.

I’m wouldn’t care if it was Neil Lennon presenting every week - it’s the pitiful £100m (rumoured) over 5 seasons which concerns me. Our game is run by absolute idiots.

Where’s the fucking innovation? Approach an Amazon/Netflix - make a compelling case, sell our product don’t fucking torpedo it.

This all stems from Roger Mitchell’s decision to reject Sky in favour of his own pie-in-the sky SPL TV channel which never got off the ground. Lex Gold then took a gamble on the Setanta TV deal, confidently stating that it wouldn’t lead to collapse like ITV Digital. Well we all know what happened there.

Sky stepped in to bail us out and we’ve been playing with the weaker hand in negotiations ever since.