Lying brand

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have never been attracted to anything not from Rangers and as a few are saying 'one can spend one's money as one wants' but I think it would have been better to have shut down their operation and slid away without saying another word.

If it is OK with you mate I will not get involved with the Ashley/our board and who is best for their selling potential discussion. :thumbsup:

Only place I buy from apart from Rangers is Copland Streetwear, and that’s only because they make Hoodies that I can wear in the Pub (that has a no colours rule) but it’s blatantly obvious what the Hoodie is but the owner lets it go and it annoys the fuck out of the taigs in the Pub. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If your talking about the first lot they sold, then they will probably sell about the same.  

Find it too much of a coincidence that the club and SD are having another battle we get murmurs of a boycott and suddenly Lion Brand have a new line out. 

I don't know as the did have the book signing with the former taig at the wee school that may have plundered more blue pounds at a time when the club needed it most all going to the club/ charity off course or handed over as season tickets at the Louden.:whistle:

It’s all a bit confusing.

Lionbrand - bad, blue pound, exploiting fans, starving the club etc.

Coplandstreetwear - somehow, a bunch of good guys and none of the above.

If you want a fake top, spend your money how you choose. If you don’t, then don’t. Seems to be a lot of grief over what should be a personal choice.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If your talking about the first lot they sold, then they will probably sell about the same.

I doubt that very much but we will see. When I say "see" I mean I will gauge it with my own eyes at games and around town, seeing as they don't release figures.

I doubt I will see many of these rip off's compared to the last lot.

Just now, The Ghost said:

It’s all a bit confusing.

Lionbrand - bad, blue pound, exploiting fans, starving the club etc.

Coplandstreetwear - somehow, a bunch of good guys and none of the above.

If you want a fake top, spend your money how you choose. If you don’t, then don’t. Seems to be a lot of grief over what should be a personal choice.

None are any better Lying brand problem is they said they were giving money to the club alternative merchandise should always have a percentage going to the club especially the way we are being run just now.

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yeah that's fine with me mate, I think it's pretty obvious when LB made the most profits tbh.

Cheers PG, you could well be right about that, I have not read the for or against arguments in this thread about that.

I hope before long we are all getting excited about how much profit we are making from selling Rangers official gear, but I am not holding my breath since it seems we keep agreeing to deals and then break that deal and end up once again in court. :duh:

1 minute ago, Smile said:

None are any better Lying brand problem is they said they were giving money to the club alternative merchandise should always have a percentage going to the club especially the way we are being run just now.

I appreciate that distinction and agree licencing fees should be applicable. I just always found it strange how one supplier of fake, unofficial merchandise is regularly lauded here but others are scathingly attacked. Just accept it’s unofficial fake goods with no money going to the club and make your choice whether to buy or not. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Cheers PG, you could well be right about that, I have not read the for or against arguments in this thread about that.

I hope before long we are all getting excited about how much profit we are making from selling Rangers official gear, but I am not holding my breath since it seems we keep agreeing to deals and then break that deal and end up once again in court. :duh:

That's what any normal rational thinking Bear would be hoping for BRU. 

I'll never buy any LB stuff and don't particularly agree with what they are doing let alone the lies they have appeared to have told the gullibles who buy their stuff.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

I appreciate that distinction and agree licencing fees should be applicable. I just always found it strange how one supplier of fake, unofficial merchandise is regularly lauded here but others are scathingly attacked. Just accept it’s unofficial fake goods with no money going to the club and make your choice whether to buy or not. 

Copland Streetwear make stuff that you can’t get from the club, that’s the difference. 

If the club ever get the merch sorted and start to make something similar then I will buy it from them. 

8 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

I think that would have been accepted if they didn't state it as an alternative to our official gear at the time with money going to the club. They sold it as a moneymaker for the club over Ashley's gear which was a lie.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That's what any normal rational thinking Bear would be hoping for BRU. 

I'll never buy any LB stuff and don't particularly agree with what they are doing let alone the lies they have appeared to have told the gullibles who buy their stuff.

:thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Did he not get rewarded with a job at our Club running the stewards and security that's why he will be walking about with the cop?.

The reward of agitating for a known charlatan to seize power, whoever said the good guys always win was deluded.

On 22/11/2018 at 12:37, CF2 WINNIE said:

As bad as the cunts walking about with those fake tops at start of season. Dingwall and his mob will never see a penny from me.

Is Dingwall now involved with the Lionbrand gear? His previous cash cow was The Loyal Standard:

https://www.facebook.com/The-Loyal-Standard-839339262850945/

http://www.loyalstandard.com

The website now redirects to some dodgy site selling knock-off Ecco gear (maybe still Dingwall behind it 🙄)

As for the Lionbrand, to this day they've never disclosed how much previously went to the club. I sent them an email in the early days asking how any money was being distributed, this was the reply:

Hi mate
We done some digging around and identified ways in which Rangers keep the cash spent. 
These were 
Season tickets 
Matchday tickets
Rangers Lotto 
Rangers youth development donations 
Rangers TV

So to answer your question we 99 times out of 100 buy a bulk order of season tickets and give them away to RSCs, Lionbrand customers via competitions, ex armed forces vets (usually matchday tickets for them as a day out)

This way Mike Ashley doesn't get to see any money spent and we are getting bums on seats too. So in my eyes it's win win.

We can't hand over money to the club directly due to it being a PLC and also being a merchandise range we can't be seen to be funding the club directly or Sports Direct could take the club to court.

Myself and a few others subsequently asked for a breakdown of how much has been spent and where. We were all blanked. 

Now, Lionbrand trades under Football 1st Limited:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC440905

If you can be bothered to look through the accounts, you'll see that it's hardly eye-watering amounts - so it's safe to assume that the club received virtually fuck all from them, if anything at all (hence the reluctance to provide any info).

Now on to the present day - why the fuck are the club stocking their merchandise instead of concentrating on our own? (genuine question).

3 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Is Dingwall now involved with the Lionbrand gear? His previous cash cow was The Loyal Standard:

https://www.facebook.com/The-Loyal-Standard-839339262850945/

http://www.loyalstandard.com

The website now redirects to some dodgy site selling knock-off Ecco gear (maybe still Dingwall behind it 🙄)

As for the Lionbrand, to this day they've never disclosed how much previously went to the club. I sent them an email in the early days asking how any money was being distributed, this was the reply:

Myself and a few others subsequently asked for a breakdown of how much has been spent and where. We were all blanked. 

Now, Lionbrand trades under Football 1st Limited:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC440905

If you can be bothered to look through the accounts, you'll see that it's hardly eye-watering amounts - so it's safe to assume that the club received virtually fuck all from them, if anything at all (hence the reluctance to provide any info).

Now on to the present day - why the fuck are the club stocking their merchandise instead of concentrating on our own? (genuine question).

Good post :tu:

Maybe Lionbrand are going legit and have some sort of agreement with Hummel to sell Rangers tops on behalf of Hummel. Rangers will receive the profit made by Lionbrand through the Ex Player Benevolent Fund

4 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

Right. So where can I buy lion brand merchandise from Rangers?

This is why I don't do Twitter - can't make head nor tail of the argument.

Rereading it, the main issue seems to be with Hummel allowing LB to use their 'branded shirts' when they should be sticking with the club merchandise only - I think??

If that's correct (and it's probably not) then surely the club should be taking action to prevent it - it's a blatant CoI from Hummel.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

Good post :tu:

Maybe Lionbrand are going legit and have some sort of agreement with Hummel to sell Rangers tops on behalf of Hummel. Rangers will receive the profit made by Lionbrand through the Ex Player Benevolent Fund

They're not selling Rangers tops though, they're selling LB tops.

7 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

This is why I don't do Twitter - can't make head nor tail of the argument.

Rereading it, the main issue seems to be with Hummel allowing LB to use their 'branded shirts' when they should be sticking with the club merchandise only - I think??

If that's correct (and it's probably not) then surely the club should be taking action to prevent it - it's a blatant CoI from Hummel.

Phew, so Rangers aren't selling lion brand gear and this is completely made up, yes? 

12 hours ago, Virtuoso said: