Wee mans first game - Tradition

SLBLLR

52 minutes ago, SLBLLR said:

Taking my 3 year old son tomorrow for his first look at Ibrox.

Plan is; train in, some lunch, buy him first scarf then the game.

Any traditions anyone can pass on to make the experience as memorable as possible? (Appreciate its doubtful he will remember it when he grows up)

Get some pics with a decent camera, buy a program etc

I got all the stuff from my son's first game framed and managed to get the shirt signed too

45 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

If you're there about 12.30/1 take him to the staff car park area to get a picture way afew players just up from the fanzone opposite the Copland.

I don't think he's going to arrive 2 and half hours early with a 3 year old.

Take some stuff to keep him occupied, he wont sit and watch the game for 90 mins if at all. Be prepared to leave early and wrap up well. A great moment to savour, all the best and let us know how it goes. Oh and teach him a few songs :whistle:

Broxi bear and co are in the fanzone from 1.30pm tomorrow onwards. Speak to any of the matchday volunteers and they will help getting good pics etc.

Take along a wee bag of carrot sticks and he'll be able to feed the Police horses too.

Non playing/injured players usually arrive about 2pm. Walter Smith goes through the main door around 2.30.

16 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

At 3 years old enjoy all the build up and pre match stuff, stuff to be remembered, then prepare yourself for saying fuck this by half time and leaving early then getting home and telling the wife that the wee pain in the arse isn't going again for a few years , i only speak through experience. 

😂😂 this 

I took my nephew and he was sprawled out accross two seats claiming he was going to sleep by 9 minutes in😂

Make a point of telling absolutely everycunt it's the wee man's first game, try get him to collect every bit of money he can then tell him you will count it. Give him 2 pound for the pound shop and keep the rest for a cargo on the train  home to ease the sore head of him asking so many questions.

Hopefully he enjoys what will be a proud day for you, I still remember my boys first game like it was yesterday, that was 2011 and most since then have been largely forgettable.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Seen a few people video their kids taking their first walk up the steps into the stands recently.

As long as he doesn't have an utter shite reaction that'd be good to have mate

A bag of sweets at the top of the stairs will guarantee that won't  happen.

Definitely a picture at the gates, a program would be a good idea aswell.

If it is busy which I expect, he will watch the ore match stuff, watch football a bit, watch birds flying about, then moan cause he is hungry, while all that is happening you will have been to the pusher about 50 times.