Press Conference : Gerrard and Middleton

Virtuoso

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We've tried Tavernier in midfield countless times and it hasn't worked. 

Not countless, a few - but Flanagan is an out & out right sided player. We're leaking goals down the left side because of him. 

And we leak goals down the right side because Tav is too far forward.

We're unbalanced pal. 

We've got 2 players for every position, plus some loaned players will likely still be costing us. I really don't think there's scope for much more until we thin down a bloated squad come the summer.

I'd imagine we're looking at either a CF or playmaker no 10, or even both if we got rid of Sadiq. At the very most.

I'm fully expecting a quiet window.

12 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Not countless, a few - but Flanagan is an out & out right sided player. We're leaking goals down the left side because of him. 

And we leak goals down the right side because Tav is too far forward.

We're unbalanced pal. 

Tavernier has been involved in 20 goals so far from his natural position,he's one of our best players and whilst he admittedly isn't like a Lillian Thuram defensively, going forward he's unplayable at times. 

Flanagan won't get near the starting 11 when everyone is fully fit, backup at best. 

36 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Tavernier has been involved in 20 goals so far from his natural position,he's one of our best players and whilst he admittedly isn't like a Lillian Thuram defensively, going forward he's unplayable at times. 

Flanagan won't get near the starting 11 when everyone is fully fit, backup at best. 

I've given my thrupence - Tav is a top player, but no good really contributing (no penalties included) 5 goals +10 assists and leaking 10 down the right and 10 down the left, with Flanagan. 

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I've given my thrupence - Tav is a top player, but no good really contributing (no penalties included) 5 goals +10 assists and leaking 10 down the right and 10 down the left, with Flanagan. 

Flanagan and Tavernier have cost us 20 goals this season? 

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Well done then. 

We'll take it up again when Tav leaks down the right. 

He more than likely will cost us more goals, as well as continuing to create a ton more as well. 

What do you honestly expect our players to do? 

If Tavernier was the full package he wouldn't be at Ibrox, it's as simple as that. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He more than likely will cost us more goals, as well as continuing to create a ton more as well. 

What do you honestly expect our players to do? 

If Tavernier was the full package he wouldn't be at Ibrox, it's as simple as that. 

Modern day attacking full backs are out of their depth, if Tav is anything to go by. Firstly they are full backs, and that their primary function is to defend.

Flanagan is a defender, not the best in the world. 

Tav is a fuckknowswhat - right back, right mid, right winger, throw in taker, corner kick taker, penalty taker (which he's tops) and free kick taker. 

All we need is a 100% solid right back. 

15 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Modern day attacking full backs are out of their depth, if Tav is anything to go by. Firstly they are full backs, and that their primary function is to defend.

Flanagan is a defender, not the best in the world. 

Tav is a fuckknowswhat - right back, right mid, right winger, throw in taker, corner kick taker, penalty taker (which he's tops) and free kick taker. 

All we need is a 100% solid right back. 

And how much will he cost whoever he is? 

Not forgetting if Tavernier is out the side we lose one of our most creative players going forward. 

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And how much will he cost whoever he is? 

Not forgetting if Tavernier is out the side we lose one of our most creative players going forward. 

Who said he's out of the side. 

And secondly, I said Flanagan moves to r.back ffs.

You asked me for an alternative, and I offered one.

How old are you?