fastest player to 50 goals?

stevemac

My first thought was Kris Boyd.  But, Kris Boyd signed for Rangers 01/01/2006 and scored his 50th goal on 26th/09/2007 which means it took him a year and a half. 

I remember Negri had about 30 goals by Christmas when he first signed.  The guy scored 23 times in his first 10 games.  If only he had kept going...

thats what i mean, some players had maybe been here for longer and reached that amount in 1 season say, but I wondered who was the fastest 

Just now, TMB said:

My first thought was Kris Boyd.  But, Kris Boyd signed for Rangers 01/01/2006 and scored his 50th goal on 26th/09/2007 which means it took him a year and a half. 

I remember Negri had about 30 goals by Christmas when he first signed.  The guy scored 23 times in his first 10 games.  If only he had kept going...

i dont mean in time frame mate, im wondering goals/games ratio, who was the fastest to reach 50 goals in the least amount of games.

shame about negri like. he was something else

1 hour ago, terry739 said:

Jim Forrest scored 57 in the 64-65 season, I think (God help me on here if I'm wrong!) so he must be the winner, you'd think?

I couldn't swear to the season but I think your right. Jimmy Miller used to give McNeil a hard time and playing against Forrest was really easy for him in comparison apart from the ease which Forrest was round him and had the ball in the back of the net.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

Jim Forrest's  goal tally for season 64/65 was 57 .... it was the post war British record and I don't think it has been beaten yet.

:UK:

Jim Forrest was a class above during that era. 50 goals in his first 45 appearances will take a bit of beating I reckon. :pipe:

10 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Jim Forrest was a class above during that era. 50 goals in his first 45 appearances will take a bit of beating I reckon. :pipe:

Strangely, my uncle never rated Forrest that highly compared to other CFs of the era.

He was of the opinion that Baxter, Henderson and Wilson made him whereas others like Simpson, Millar, Ferguson, Johnstone and Stein has more to their game.

On 29/11/2018 at 22:46, McEwan's Lager said:

Strangely, my uncle never rated Forrest that highly compared to other CFs of the era.

He was of the opinion that Baxter, Henderson and Wilson made him whereas others like Simpson, Millar, Ferguson, Johnstone and Stein has more to their game.

It's strange alright. Jim Forrest was a goal scoring machine who in five seasons banged in 145 goals from 163 games (83 goals from 105 appearances in the League) It was the job of the likes of Baxter, McMillan, Brand, Henderson, Wilson etc to get the ball to Forrest inside that penalty box where you could just about guarantee the ball would soon be in the back of the net. Billy Simpson, "Elbows" Ferguson played in teams that had a completely different style to when Forrest played, and although these other guys might have had more to their game, none of them were as deadly as Jim Forrest when it came to finishing.