That Was One Hell Of A 0-0 Draw.

tannerall

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Regardless of the controversial incidents (and Flanagan), and regardless of the final game (cup final) in Vienna, who would of thought at the beginning of the season we'd be competing with decent European teams in a tough group and holding our own with 10 men against a highly skilled and experienced (and expensive) Spanish side, our team of journeymen, loanees, youngsters, and a top class goalkeeper (and Morleos of course who was magnificent again). Indeed for two or three minutes around the 80th minute it looked like we were going to pinch it. 

All credit must go to Steven Gerrard for the character and team spirit he has brought to our club. 

Thanks Steve for making this Gers fan a happy bunny again.

Well said tannerall, character and team spirit sums it up fro me.  This season we have come so far

Brilliant in the 2nd half tonight

but....I really am getting sick of getting pumped from atrocious officials .It wasn't the usual anti Rangers bias that we are used too,it was plain incompetence (all fucking night).

Well done lads. 10 v 12 men and we were unlucky not to win it,excellent

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

You should know better.

Excitement got to me. 

It's great to be once again enjoying the adrenalin of the big European games and making the odd grammatical error in my enthusiasm to get stuff posted after enjoying  a great game. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Excitement got to me. 

It's great to be once again enjoying the adrenalin of the big European games and making the odd grammatical error in my enthusiasm to get stuff posted after enjoying  a great game. 

Getting excited at your age is dangerous mate, don't want all the blood rushing to your stauner and you keeling over.

But aye, that was a great result in the circumstances, hell we had chances to win it with 10 men. To be going away slightly disappointed for drawing with a La Liga team shows how far we have come. We have a fighting spirit we haven't had for years and it's great to see.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Getting excited at your age is dangerous mate, don't want all the blood rushing to your stauner and you keeling over.

But aye, that was a great result in the circumstances, hell we had chances to win it with 10 men. To be going away slightly disappointed for drawing with a La Liga team shows how far we have come. We have a fighting spirit we haven't had for years and it's great to see.

My stauner made me keel over even in my twenties. :tu:

3 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

How the fuck did we manage to bring McGregor in on a free? The shit he's pulled off so far this season is just absolutely ridiculous, we'd honestly be lost without him. 

Agree with all of this mate. He would be worth £10 million plus...... if he was a little bit younger.

World class imho.

10 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Excitement got to me. 

Your excitement is understandable tann given the game but I still do not think it excuses such an error. You of all folk should of known better imo.

1 minute ago, CoopsLaud said:

Your excitement is understandable tann given the game but I still do not think it excuses such an error. You of all folk should of known better imo.

Even top class Scottish and European referees make the odd mistake, or two, or three..........

20 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Brilliant in the 2nd half tonight

but....I really am getting sick of getting pumped from atrocious officials .It wasn't the usual anti Rangers bias that we are used too,it was plain incompetence (all fucking night).

Well done lads. 10 v 12 men and we were unlucky not to win it,excellent

The free kick given by the assistant referee in the 90th minute had me going off my nut...they are the most useless ineffective pieces of shite to get introduced to the game...then with the game on a knife edge he gives the foul against Flanagan when the cunt  clearly dived.