Tennent's Scottish Cup Final, Hearts vs Rangers 1996

crmpicco

1 minute ago, crmpicco said:

Carrying on from my post earlier in the week about the Borussia Dortmund CL game at Ibrox in 1995, I have converted another VHS to DVD (and later YouTube).

This one is the 1996 Scottish Cup Final against Hearts (AKA the "Laudrup Final") where we hammered them 5-1 with Jukebox Durie getting a hat-trick.

Before anyone says "it's already on YouTube" - I know that, but the other footage was from Sky and my upload is from the BBC and includes the full programme right to the very end.

Remember that. Good times, think I will give this a swatch the morra cheers.

5 minutes ago, crmpicco said:

Carrying on from my post earlier in the week about the Borussia Dortmund CL game at Ibrox in 1995, I have converted another VHS to DVD (and later YouTube).

This one is the 1996 Scottish Cup Final against Hearts (AKA the "Laudrup Final") where we hammered them 5-1 with Jukebox Durie getting a hat-trick.

Before anyone says "it's already on YouTube" - I know that, but the other footage was from Sky and my upload is from the BBC and includes the full programme right to the very end.

What other ones do you have mate? 

22 years ago! Seems like it was yesterday:pipe:. I remember walking past Hampden the evening before the game and they had a dannebrog flying from one of the flagpoles where the old north stand used to be and thinking to myself I wonder how Brian will play tomorrow ... needless to say he didn't let me down because it was a performance right out of the top drawer :champagne:

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Swapped, a spare oasis ticket for this game, Durie got a hatrick and the greatest Ranger since the Souness revolution in Brian Laudrup.

Young ones on here ?   He really was that good 

Oasis and Rangers winning trophies.

I fucking miss the 90s.

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Swapped, a spare oasis ticket for this game, Durie got a hatrick and the greatest Ranger since the Souness revolution in Brian Laudrup.

Young ones on here ?   He really was that good 

Yep, this game was just a taster of what was to come.  He was unstoppable in 96/97.