GeeSS

Shankland

25 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

"Having recently received yet another offer for one of our players, which at best can be described as derisory, I wish to let you all know the following facts. There has been a number of bids for our players however NO player will be leaving Somerset Park during this window. The only type of deal acceptable to our club would involve an immediate loan back to Ayr United. There may be a number of our players being offered pre-contracts by other clubs. I have absolutely no issue with this and I am 100% certain that any player who takes this option will continue to give everything to Ayr United. They will also be informed that pre contracts in Scotland are not recognised by the SFA and are therefore worthless. Though I will never give up hope of keeping our squad together at the end of the season I recognise that there will be departures. Any player who leaves will go with the very best wishes of everyone connected to Ayr United. Wherever we finish in the Championship our supporters deserve to watch this special group of boys till the end of the season. Hopefully this will put an end to any speculation through various media outlets and allow us to concentrate on football matches." Ian McCall Manager

A transfer and loan back was all they were ever going to agree to when they are going for promotion. 

Why are pre contracts not recognised by the SFA?

What does that even mean?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I would like that explained as well, considering we have just signed two players on pre contracts in the last week.  :confused:

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I'm not sure, but tbh I don't know what a pre-contract has to do with the SFA anyway?(maybe it's this the Ayr guy is getting at) . I assume a pre-contract is merely a legal contract between a player and a club. Since the players registration does not change until the player changes clubs I can't see an obvious reason as to why the SFA would be involved. 

Why would someone pay for Shankland and loan him back? 

His contract is up in the summer...

Theres as much linking us to this guy as there was Bryson... Nothing. 

Thread should be locked. 

• Like 1

Think If we were going to sign him we would have made some sort of a move or discussion with Ayr but can't see a shred of evidence we are even remotely interested in him 

• Like 1

Of course precontracts aren’t recognised with the sfa, why would they be?

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Of course precontracts aren’t recognised with the sfa, why would they be?

Best to go with side letters. They’ve worked a treat for us in the past.

:pipe:

1 minute ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Hibs favourites according to the tabloids

*According to the bookies.

25 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

*According to the bookies.

Source must be Leigh Griffiths then? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Hibs favourites according to the tabloids

He never played today, let Hibs sign him on a 2 year deal and if he smashes it we will get him on a pre contract soon enough.

Or we match the offer and loan him back.

Ruddens scoring freely with Falkirk, Dallas is scoring for fun in the young team and  Gerrard is running the rule over Hardie atm, the futures bright.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t want him playing against us

He has played against us 10 times, scoring 1 goal and has never been on the winning side. 

Relax its all going to be ok

• Like 3

On 10/01/2019 at 16:26, Ferris Bueller said:

Remember reading about this years ago. Basically a pre contract is just an agreement of terms between a player and club (wage, length of contract, bonus etc) rather than an actual legally agreed deal to join the club. So while a player has agreed his contract with us to come into affect when his current deal runs out, there’s nothing to say he couldn’t get a better offer between now and then and go somewhere else, pretty sure it happened in England a few years ago although I can’t remember the player or teams involved.

33 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Remember reading about this years ago. Basically a pre contract is just an agreement of terms between a player and club (wage, length of contract, bonus etc) rather than an actual legally agreed deal to join the club. So while a player has agreed his contract with us to come into affect when his current deal runs out, there’s nothing to say he couldn’t get a better offer between now and then and go somewhere else, pretty sure it happened in England a few years ago although I can’t remember the player or teams involved.

Richard Brittain agreed one with St Johnstone and then changed his mind a few years ago.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Richard Brittain agreed one with St Johnstone and then changed his mind a few years ago.

That ended with Ross County agreeing to pay St Johnstone compensation, IIRC. 

The question of whether pre-contracts are legally enforceable is a pointless one when talking generally. The wording of the specific contract will decide.

• Like 1