Jamie murphy recovering phase 2.

Smile

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

He offers goals and the ability to keep the ball and has an end product.

The players you mentioned above are not as good  as him.

100% agree. 

No slight on the players mentioned but JM offers more all round.  

Hope he comes back stronger & produces the goods.  

33 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Hope he's recovering well.

In all honesty though I don't think we've missed him. He's a good option to have on the bench because he can play right across the front line.

But does he really offer more than Candeias, Kent or Middleton?

The absence of Murphy and Dorrans significantly weakens our squad overall. Players you mention there would not have had as much game time had these players been fit and in form. Although can't predict how they would have played, Gerrard has improved fitness and performances from almost everyone and there is no reason to believe the same wouldn't have happened with them. Kent and Ejaria are not as good as these two when on form I think (although to be fair we've not seen much of Dorrans). 

33 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Missing him and Dorrans really weakens the strength depth of the squad. Although guys like Kent, Middleton and Ojaria have taken the step up I feel the lack of experience shows in tight games.

Very much so. He’s doing fantastic but still away to go on those quads, balance is superb though.

8 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Still recovering, I serve him in work every now and again. He at the very least doesn't have crutches or a leg brace anymore. 

Sweet cheers mate. Hopefully he has something to offer the team and can add another midfield option. Don't think we have seen the best of him yet..

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

To the ones claiming he has been missed. Please give me a list of games he would have made a difference in... 

Useful squad player at best.

I don't think he's been missed to much really, but we're now getting to that stage in the season when injuries are going to start piling up and a fit Jamie Murphy and Dorrins would be extremely useful to have, their experience alone would have been a bonus as we have to remember most of our forwards are all youngsters who haven't been over the course of a full season and they'll find it tougher in the second half of the season as the opposition will alter their tactics against them having played against them already, that's when we'll find out how good these youngsters really are.