FA Cup/Lower League Football

Watched the Salford v Shrewsbury game (really just to watch Docherty) recently and currently watching the Wrexham v Newport game.  It just brings home how pish lower league football is and how poor the support is at lower levels.

We have had to endure some tough times over the last few years but our support is unsurpassed in erms of loyalty.

The SPFL can be dire at times but good grief these lower leagues really are dross.  Fair play to the loyal fans who do support their sides.

20 hours ago, Ronald de Boer said:

Watched the Salford v Shrewsbury game (really just to watch Docherty) recently and currently watching the Wrexham v Newport game.  It just brings home how pish lower league football is and how poor the support is at lower levels.

We have had to endure some tough times over the last few years but our support is unsurpassed in erms of loyalty.

The SPFL can be dire at times but good grief these lower leagues really are dross.  Fair play to the loyal fans who do support their sides.

Pompey are really the only team in the lower English tier that has decent home and away support. Although I am kinda biased with that opinion...

I go and watch the juniors quite a bit, and tbh... I enjoy it almost as much as the seniors.

It's a different feeling, maybe akin to what supporting the National team "should" feel like (but doesn't). I've been fortunate to see my local team win the Scottish Cup, and West Premier League - and felt a sense of civic pride towards the town. Where as with Rangers it's more from the heart and more emotionally ingrained, the highs and lows are more intense.