Was Far Too Rash And Dangerous A Tackle From Arfield On The Goalie.......

tannerall

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

............but when did we ever see that passion, desire and commitment  in previous seasons.  His whole heart was in that run, probably unstoppable.

And the way the team once again responded with 10 men, especially after the Vilareal game was great to watch. 

Once again a lot of credit must go to Steve Gerrard for building that team spirit and character.

Thanks Steve, you've made this fan an even happier bunny.

Yellow card at best.....end the thread now

6 hours ago, Scottyarf37 said:

It was supid and put the result at huge risk. 

Tackling the keeper who is lying on the ground.....  

I am a huge fan of Arfields but got carried away when we need him to show his experience. Now we miss him for a game.

Another Red card for us.

Was about time, been a long time since we got a sending off we deserved .

And fuck your comment, I'd have been chasing that ball like a steam train too. 

Was a fucking stupid challenge to make, the keeper had the ball under control we’ll before he even started sliding. To anyone saying it wasn’t a red imagine if an opposition player did that to Mcgregor and only got a booking this place would be in meltdown!

If it’s dangerous play (or whatever it’s classed as) is it just a one game suspension or three?

Looked a stupid tackle at the time but if the goalie had let it slip from his hand and Arfield was standing on the edge of the 18 yard line we would be raging at him. 

Also it doesn’t appear it should be Red Card, he doesn’t go in studs up or even with his feet off the ground he goes in with his knees. 

Yellow for me. 

1 minute ago, cascadeshrimp said:

I don't think it was as bad as being made out tbh

If you watch it again the ball sort of bounces around his fingertips,i don't think he's 100% in control of it

If Arfield hadn't followed it in I would be disappointed

It was the fact that he slid in out of control  that got him the red.  It was dangerous.  If he'd been on his feet trying to nick it away that would have totally legit

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

It was stupid regardless simply because all the team should know by now referees can't wait to give us reds this season and it was an ideal opportunity 

the thing that gets me with scottish refs is they cannot wait to get a red card out  instead of thinking for a minute they just flash a card that happens with yellows as well

1 minute ago, Bristol loyal said:

Was a fucking stupid challenge to make, the keeper had the ball under control we’ll before he even started sliding. To anyone saying it wasn’t a red imagine if an opposition player did that to Mcgregor and only got a booking this place would be in meltdown!

If it’s dangerous play (or whatever it’s classed as) is it just a one game suspension or three?

Difference is I wouldn’t expect a Red if the roles were reversed becuse it’s against our keeper, also the Hearts player should’ve walked for his tackle on Coulibaly not even a yellow given.