Was Far Too Rash And Dangerous A Tackle From Arfield On The Goalie.......

tannerall

Would need to see it again but I thought the keeper lost control of the ball then put one then two hands on the ball as Arfield slid in. 

Unfortunately though, if our players give the referee any reason to flash a red card it's clear this season they will do so when other teams would not be treated as harshly and that's something the players are really going to have to remember. 

Nevertheless it was an outstanding result, we never really liked in any danger once we went in front and actually looked as comfortable, maybe even more so, with 10 men than 11.

7 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Was about time, been a long log time since got one we deserved .

And fuck your comment, I'd have been chasing that ball like a steam train too. 

U too would have been in the bath like Arfield.   Praying your team mates who just played in Europe with ten men hold on. 

Really stupid from an intelligent experinced player. 

Keeper has both hands on it. 

10 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Would need to see it again but I thought the keeper lost control of the ball then put one then two hands on the ball as Arfield slid in. 

Unfortunately though, if our players give the referee any reason to flash a red card it's clear this season they will do so when other teams would not be treated as harshly and that's something the players are really going to have to remember. 

Nevertheless it was an outstanding result, we never really liked in any danger once we went in front and actually looked as comfortable, maybe even more so, with 10 men than 11.

Bottom line there is we shouldn’t have to adjust the way we play because Refs can’t wait to get the Red out. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Looked a stupid tackle at the time but if the goalie had let it slip from his hand and Arfield was standing on the edge of the 18 yard line we would be raging at him. 

Also it doesn’t appear it should be Red Card, he doesn’t go in studs up or even with his feet off the ground he goes in with his knees. 

Yellow for me. 

I went from wtf was he doing to thinking a yellow would have been the right decision. Probably one that we will still all be arguing about until the game on Wed. Personally since we have got away with it result wise, I really could not care less. :thumbsup:

Just now, Bears r us said:

I went from wtf was he doing to thinking a yellow would have been the right decision. Probably one that we will still all be arguing about until the game on Wed. Personally since we have got away with it result wise, I really could not care less. :thumbsup:

Same here mate, first time I thought what a stupid cunt. But after watching it it wasn’t that bad and really only was a yellow. 

If it happens to Shagger today the ref gives a yellow...

Arfield made a split second decision to try and win the game and doesn't go in studs up. 

it's a yellow except it's a Rangers player...so it's an automatic red.

some folk on here are at it. Seems the banter years has been too much for them... so apologetic and willing to abuse a Rangers player trying to win the fucking game...