Was Far Too Rash And Dangerous A Tackle From Arfield On The Goalie.......

tannerall

Watched it a few times now n I've came to the conclusion it should be a yellow at most. 

Arfield has actually been thoughtful of the keeper when sliding in, he has his legs bent and he near enough uses the laces when making contact. 

A lot of talk over this towards arfield and I actually think the boy has mad a decent attempt at both trying to score and not injuring the keeper here. 

1 hour ago, MikeBlue said:

Seriously? 

Well he was sliding along the ground - he would come to a stop either by natural loss of momentum or by hitting something, which is what happened when hit the goalkeeper.  Neither of those alternatives were under his control.

Not a chance of getting it rescinded and at least Gerrard is more realistic than some of the posters here.

He was never in any danger of hurting the keeper, his studs weren’t up or high he made an effort to use his knees.

He was genuinely going for the ball.

I doubt it would be rescinded if we appealed either its us although I bet when the Ref looks back he will think he was maybe too quick with the Red. Strange that the Ref at the League Cup Final thought it was a yellow, he must post on here as well. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He was never in any danger of hurting the keeper, his studs weren’t up or high he made an effort to use his knees.

I doubt it would be rescinded if we appealed either its us although I bet when the Ref looks back he will think he was maybe too quick with the Red. Strange that the Ref at the League Cup Final thought it was a yellow, he must post on here as well. 

How people can't see this is fucking winding me up lol

Watch the thing, slow it down if ye have to, process it in your mind what's actually happening. 

Tommo and mcfadden slating the tackle too, I wanted to smash the TV up :lol:

Just now, born a blue nose said:

How people can't see this is fucking winding me up lol

Watch the thing, slow it down if ye have to, process it in your mind what's actually happening. 

Tommo and mcfadden slating the tackle too, I wanted to smash the TV up :lol:

When I saw it real time mate I put my head in my hands and thought stupid cunt. So I’m going to give Madden the benefit of the  doubt on this one  

But once you watch it again with an open mind as the Hampden Ref would have, its nowhere near as bad as they are making out and it is a yellow all day long. I would appeal it all day long  

Times like this the hatred for us in the media just rears its head all the more. 

20 minutes ago, Dickie said:

When you resort to pointing out mistakes in grammar then you’ve lost the argument moron.

Took your time with that reply. Were you looking for someone to proofread it for you?

For the record, there was no argument. I expressed an opinion and you replied to it with a smart arse comment which turned out to be pretty ironic as you made a cunt of it. Good day x

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

We should do it just to push Levein over the edge. 

That made me laugh, but I don't think there's any point in appealing unfortunately. Levein better be pulled up for his comments, thought he was gonnae start greetin at one point.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not seen many replays but I thought red as he could quite easily have knee’d the keeper in the head and obviously had some momentum too.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Actually think there would have been merit in appealing that. Could have possibly got it downgraded to a yellow. That's fucked now though following Gerrards comments straight after the game.

👍

That's something I don't quite agree with SG on ..... if Hearts had equalised or gone on to win due to this decision .... would he have taken it so lightly?

All decisions against us should be questioned and taken to the limit if we are to make our point stronger that refs do make the wrong call .... appealing this red card does no harm even if we lose the appeal ..... and we still have SA for the sheep game.

:UK:

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nothing you have said means he was in control.  Good to hear that using your knees means you are never in danger of hurting the keeper.  Do you actually read what you post?

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Actually think there would have been merit in appealing that. Could have possibly got it downgraded to a yellow. That's fucked now though following Gerrards comments straight after the game.

Not so sure about that tbh, that slimy bastard Rodgers said he had no complaints when Brown was sent off then appealed anyway meaning he could face us and I think they won the appeal.

That said, I don't think we will appeal it because Gerrard is more of a man than the walking contradiction.

27 minutes ago, MikeBlue said:

Nothing you have said means he was in control.  Good to hear that using your knees means you are never in danger of hurting the keeper.  Do you actually read what you post?

Aye I do, pity you don’t. 

He never at anytime tried to hurt the keeper to get to the ball. It was a yellow card all day long, pity that too many of us fall for the media bias. 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Not so sure about that tbh, that slimy bastard Rodgers said he had no complaints when Brown was sent off then appealed anyway meaning he could face us and I think they won the appeal.

They did, but as you say that was St Brendan and the scum. The chances of us winning an appeal after Gerrard says Arfield was culpable are next to none imo. Maybe that's para, but just don't see it being parity in treatment.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They did, but as you say that was St Brendan and the scum. The chances of us winning an appeal after Gerrard says Arfield was culpable are next to none imo. Maybe that's para, but just don't see it being parity in treatment.

I think it's a moot point anyway and Gerrard seems a principled man and will stick by his original comments, Rodgers and the beggars worked the system in their favour because that's what they always have done.

40 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I think it's a moot point anyway and Gerrard seems a principled man and will stick by his original comments, Rodgers and the beggars worked the system in their favour because that's what they always have done.

Maybe we should think about what we say immediately after a game in the future mate .... just like when asked a controversial question say  "I would have to see it played back before I can make a sound judgment".

This gives the manager a fighting chance in any case that maybe turn out to be to our advantage if thought out properly .... admitting guilt vetos this process and gives us zero options.

Playing or "working"  the system has never been the sole province of the taigs .... it is used every day by people to gain leverage and put reasonable doubt into question .... allowing for a minimum 50/50 chance of success.

In this case it is as you say ... a moot point ... but to say it is because SG is more principled than Rodgers (albeit true) is of no relevance if we continue to miss a trick that could be to our advantage.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Maybe we should think about what we say immediately after a game in the future mate .... just like when asked a controversial question say  "I would have to see it played back before I can make a sound judgment".

This gives the manager a fighting chance in any case that maybe turn out to be to our advantage if thought out properly .... admitting guilt vetos this process and gives us zero options.

Playing or "working"  the system has never been the sole province of the taigs .... it is used every day by people to gain leverage and put reasonable doubt into question .... allowing for a minimum 50/50 chance of success.

In this case it is as you say ... a moot point ... but to say it is because SG is more principled than Rodgers (albeit true) is of no relevance if we continue to miss a trick that could be to our advantage.

Wise words I would say mate. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Good post mate, I know what you're saying but I think he would stick to his guns rather than have the arseholes in the press slaughtering him for changing his mind (funny how Rodgers never got slaughtered for doing it)

You seen Gerrards reaction at full time today, an interview shortly after that his adrenaline will still be pumping, so you're correct it is too soon to give thoughts on decisions etc.